1.    #1  
    I tried to convert a DVD into an MP4 (MPG4?) and it didn't play on the Pre. I converted into 3GP and it plays great with good sound and resolution. But, I know the Pre will play MP4/MPG4 files. Also, I'd like to only rip movies once so they will play on both the Pre and my Zune 120, which supports the MP4 format.

Are there certain settings, framerate, etc that the Pre supports that I may have missed in my MP4 conversion? I'm using DVDFab and obviously it doesn't have a "Pre" preset. I used Cucusoft for the 3GP conversion, which again worked great. Any ideas on the MP4 format?

Thanks for all your help!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Handbrake, it's free. Use the IPOD Touch settings, flawless.
    I used Videora and picked iPhone 3G (same res as Pre) as the type and it works fine
    i would just like to know what are the file type it supports? and what file type is the Iphone setting?
    I convert video files to .mp4 and use frame size of 320x240, video bitrate of 512, video frame rate of 25
    (thats the standard iPod MPEG-4 movie format,

If that helps any.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by eekawill View Post
    i would just like to know what are the file type it supports? and what file type is the Iphone setting?
    According to the Help app, WebOS can play videos in the MPEG4, H.263, H.264, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3GPP, 3G2, and 3GP2 formats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    According to the Help app, WebOS can play videos in the MPEG4, H.263, H.264, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3GPP, 3G2, and 3GP2 formats.
    in that case use h.264 with manual resolution of what the screen is (320x240)

should give you the best quality
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    I tried to convert a DVD into an MP4 (MPG4?) and it didn't play on the Pre. I converted into 3GP and it plays great with good sound and resolution. But, I know the Pre will play MP4/MPG4 files. Also, I'd like to only rip movies once so they will play on both the Pre and my Zune 120, which supports the MP4 format.

Are there certain settings, framerate, etc that the Pre supports that I may have missed in my MP4 conversion? I'm using DVDFab and obviously it doesn't have a "Pre" preset. I used Cucusoft for the 3GP conversion, which again worked great. Any ideas on the MP4 format?

How did you name the file? Something.mp4 or something.mpeg4 or something.mpg4 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    How did you name the file? Something.mp4 or something.mpeg4 or something.mpg4 ?
    The Pre produces .mp4, so that should work.
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    I have lots of 3GPs and MP4s from other phones and they play flawlessly on my Pixi but I don't get the preview picture.
    Do you know in what formats you get the preview still?
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post

A few things since I am having the same problem on both my Sprint Pre and ATT Pre +.

I have been using Fair Use Wizard on a Window 7 PC. I have the files converted to MP4 and then copied over to Pre's. Numerous attempts but nothing seems to work. I always get a error when trying to play the file.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I use TMPGenc on the iPod video profile, with a little bit of tweaks. Works just fine.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I use DVD Catalyst with the iphone setting. Simple, one pass conversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    I use DVD Catalyst with the iphone setting. Simple, one pass conversion.
    Does this work with windows7?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Does this work with windows7?
    Don't know. I'm using XP at home and at work. Don't have any systems running Windows 7.
    Handbrake does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Handbrake does.
    Handbrake crashes on my win 7 pc