Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Sprint says an NFL app will be out in August. It's on their Pre FAQs.
    Yea, and that's why I hope
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    It's not the best, and it doesn't always seem to update.

When I signed up for alerts, i was hoping I would get text messages without having to open the application. And even if I have it running in the background, I still don't get notifications.

Also, I wish when it entered all my team's games into the calendar, I could have set something as a reminder 15 minutes before game time, instead I manually went through and added it myself.
    you can try 4INFO Home - Free Mobile Alerts and SMS Search and SMS Alerts for scores and news.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    I do! (Mets fan)

stay strong.

mlb at bat for the pre would be awesome. when it launch for the touch/iphone, it was only $4 because it was in the middle of the season. they could launch it after the ASB.

im sure if they wanted the sdk, palm would of flown it to them.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    Do you use this? I'll try it and see how well it works for me.

with the NFL one from Sprint, I loved it, I would get quarter updates and score updates.
    Yea, and that's why I hope
    being a jet fan, i hope the apps fills up my calendar with other things to do when they are playing.

Felipe
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    being a jet fan, i hope the apps fills up my calendar with other things to do when they are playing.

buddy, it's not much better on this side, being a bengals fan. But at least we stay true to where we are
    Do you use this? I'll try it and see how well it works for me.

with the NFL one from Sprint, I loved it, I would get quarter updates and score updates.

yes i do, for met scores and a couple of other things.

i came from t-mo, and they offered sms alerts with their service. only thing i miss from t-mo. i had to find a replacement and after a bit of searching i found this free (an add at the end of the sms) service. ater signing up, i relaized this is how the ny jets send their alerts (it was already listed for me).

any how i think you can do in game updates, but i just chose after came. soon after the game ends you get "game ended mets won! MLB nym:6 Fal:4" then an add.
    Felipe
    That'd be pretty cool, but I'd really like something (for both baseball and football) that does play-by-play updates like ESPN's GameCast and NFL.com's similar feature.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    That'd be pretty cool, but I'd really like something (for both baseball and football) that does play-by-play updates like ESPN's GameCast and NFL.com's similar feature.
    I can't remember if there was an option for play by play or not. I know when I would open the app, you could do the play by play, it seemed about like the MLB.com, but faster. I always liked the streaming audio though, cause I would tune in to the local radio station and with my phone, there wasn't much of a delay between the two.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts

any how i think you can do in game updates, but i just chose after came. soon after the game ends you get "game ended mets won! MLB nym:6 Fal:4" then an add.
    you're correct.

Step 2: Choose when to receive alert

* Game Ends [You will receive the final score after the end of every game.]

* Inning Ends [While the game is in progress, you will receive a score update at the end of every period.]

* Score Changes [While the game is in progress, you will receive a score update every time the score changes.]

* Lead Changes [Starting in the 7th inning, you will receive a score update if the team currently winning changes.]

* News Updates [You will receive news updates for your team sent at most once daily. Each update may contain up to two messages.]
    FYI, if you are a baseball fan and haven't yet tried the baseball app in the app store, you are missing out. It rocks. I particularly enjoy real time updates of how my Sox are staying on top of the AL East.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    The Sporting News app is lame. Whats the point of being able to set up your fantasy team if there is no option to see your players news at a glance? Or any type of live scoring for your players. So what, we can have a list of our guys?? Big deal. The scoreboard is no better than the ESPN gamecast. Can't wait until CBS Sportsline comes out with a real fantasy baseball app so I can follow my fantasy team.
    pretty lame that the MLB at bat app on the iphone will only have 1 or 2 streaming videos a day....at least thats what it says! why dont they offer all the game? or if youre on wifi let you do whichever you want!

and im ok with just the gameday or the gameday audio....i use those on espn.com anyway, but that app is better cuz you get the highlights when they happen
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    pretty lame that the MLB at bat app on the iphone will only have 1 or 2 streaming videos a day....at least thats what it says! why dont they offer all the game? or if youre on wifi let you do whichever you want!

and im ok with just the gameday or the gameday audio....i use those on espn.com anyway, but that app is better cuz you get the highlights when they happen
    its probably a limitation att put on them.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    The text link felipe posted works much better for scores than the MLB app in the app catalog. The texts seem pretty quick as well, just ignore the celeb advertising link
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    But I guess as a cubs fan its better this way. Who needs to hear the sound of $140million flushing down the toilet anyway.
    ME!!!
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I'm using the updated MLB At-Bat app to watch video on my old iPhone (over Wi-Fi. iPhone has no service) and all I can say is.... WOW.

For $9.99 it was already amazing that they included gameday audio but now they include LIVE games. And, UNLIKE MY BELOVED CUBS, it really does perform as promised.

As Pre users then this is something we need to be jealous of and hopefully we can make enough noise to get MLB to give us this app before the season ends.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I'm using the updated MLB At-Bat app to watch video on my old iPhone (over Wi-Fi. iPhone has no service) and all I can say is.... WOW.

For $9.99 it was already amazing that they included gameday audio but now they include LIVE games. And, UNLIKE MY BELOVED CUBS, it really does perform as promised.

As Pre users then this is something we need to be jealous of and hopefully we can make enough noise to get MLB to give us this app before the season ends.

how many games can you choose from? I gotta believe it is limited as the MLB.tv coverage is like $80/season. For $10 how much can they give ya?

I'd be more than happy with the audio for $3 monthly like my old win-mo phone
    i am paying 4.99 for gameday audio on my instinct don't understand why it is not available for the pre. Only reason i did not sell instinct yet is to hear the met games

Fred
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast