1.    #1  
    I went to the Sprint store to try the Pre out again. The keyboard is still tough for me. I kept trying it and trying it to the point there might be a chance for it to work for me, though i continue to make lots of typing errors. The unit did seem very unresponsive. I don't know if it was the EV connection, but the web pages seemed to render very slowly? Is EV the fastest sprint speed?

Anyway, I decided what the heck. Let me try it for a couple weeks and see if I can get used to the device I have been excited about for 6 months. I go to place my name on the waiting list, and I was told that I will not be able to switch back to my old plan if I try the Pre?!

Everything I have heard in this forum said otherwise. I then called Sprint Customer Service and they said the same thing, that because my plan is old I would not be able to switch back to my old Sprint plan (it's like 5 years old retention plan).

Is all this really true?
    Well if thats the case, you could just add another line to your account and use the 30 days trial on the new line.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0rexx View Post
    Well if thats the case, you could just add another line to your account and use the 30 days trial on the new line.
    Oh, really!? Will that work? You sure i wont lose my original plan?

If so, do I just call the store to be added to the waiting list?
    Keep your original plan and tell them that you want to add an additional line to your account and don't touch your old plan. They'll give you a new number with the new line. Works on my account, I still have my old sero plan that my sister is using.

Yes, go on the waiting list.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    If your old plan does not have data you can not keep it you could add data this month than switch to the pre
    Whether or not it's true really depends on your plan. If you're using a discontued plan. If you are, and switch to an Everything Data or Simply Everything plan (as required for the Pre), you will not be able to switch back.

I think though, that you can simply open a new line. Then if you decide to keep the Pre, drop your old line and switch the number. If not, just drop the new line.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    If your old plan does not have data you can not keep it you could add data this month than switch to the pre
    I don't understand.

But, I think the safest thing to do is just add a 2nd line to test the unit. I don't want to lose am ancient Sprint plan
    (i still get First incoming minute free and tons of other retention features for nothing)!
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Does your plan have data currently?
  9.    #9  
    Just called and put my name on the waiting list.

They confirmed that if I add a 2nd line, it won't affect my ancient old Sprint plan.
    I can also return and cancel the service no fees within 30 days.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    Does your plan have data currently?
    No, my plan has no data. Just voice and text messaging
  11.    #11  
    Neat am on the wait list , avg wait time is 48 hours