1.    #1  
    wow, I can't believe I had the pre in my hand... Today i was reading what's new on precentral and one of my co-worker saw the picture on the site and said " oh that's the one i have " .. I was what???? :0().. she told me yeah, i got it two days ago.. immediately asked " can I see it? "

i kept looking at it and telling her.. wow.. didn't know it was that small.. it looks alot bigger on the site... are you guys confortable with the size of the pre? or i'm used to the 755p?
    Exactly the same reaction I had when I first saw it at the Sprint store. I do have a 755p too. The Pre is smaller than the 755p in all the good ways. Thinner, shorter, less weight, but it performs way better than the 755p and the screen is just beautiful!!!
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I was surprised at the size, too. I was happy it was smaller than I thought it would be.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    It is really compact. When comparing it to the Blackberries laying around here it is much closer to the Pearl then anything else.
    This was one issue I was really worried about myself. After comparing the size of the screen to my 755P on various web sites I though it was going to be very small, too small even.

After having it it is great! the screen is larger than the 755P and is so crisp and clear that web pages look incredible!!!! You won't regret it screen wise!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I went from the ATT Tilt to the Pre, and I am so thrilled I hate putting the thing down.

The Tilt was a beast compared to the Pre in size and weight. I carried a 755p for work a while back and enjoyed it, but the Tilt had a larger screen. The Pre's screen, along with webOS, will indeed make the difference, even though the phone is smaller. The screen is a technological marvel. There's more happiness derived for me in that one little swipe up to discard motion than there was in my larger screen on the Tilt with WinMo or even the 755p.
    going back to my treo 755p. the device is just solid and easy to hold. the pre is really like holding a polished stone but the keyboard is too small and one handed operation is definitely out
    I was always able to type fast on my 755p, but with the Pre's smaller keyboard, I'm noticeably slower with the smaller Pre keyboard, and the sticky buttons. I'm still getting used to the keyboard on the Pre, which is a bit too small compared to the 755p.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I also have a 755p and last night was my first hands on experience with the Pre at a Sprint store. The screen did seem a tad small but the web browser really impressed me.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I am surprised by the size too. I figured it would be at least as big as a 755. I think Palm designed it to easily fit into one's hand, even if you are younger or female and have smaller hands. Had Palm designed this only for adult males, there probably would have been room for a bigger screen, more memory and maybe an SD card.
    I've evolved from Treo 650 to 700p and then to 755. My typing speed needed to be adjusted with each evolution. I just got my Pre last night, and yes the keypad is smaller than the 755.

Smartphones need smart users who can evolve their habits and quirks. I am sure that I'll be tapping away soon enough.
    I went from 755p to Pre. I don't have a problem with the smaller keyboard; it is very comfortable to me, and I'm 6' 240 lbs with big fingers. The only thing I'm getting used to is the minor difference in the key arrangement.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    Had Palm designed this only for adult males, there probably would have been room for a bigger screen, more memory and maybe an SD card.
    And a screwdriver with multiple bits, knife, corkscrew and bottle opener. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I moved UP from the 755p (Great phone and I referred to it as "bullet proof). I have not had any issues with the size of the Pre. As a matter of fact it seems just right (Babby Bear style) and I am getting more comfortable with the keboard every day (I kinda force myself to use it even though I could get away with screen taps in some cases).

I did not let my beloved 755 get put to rest though, my wife is now enjoying a first step into realy Smart Phones>>>

THANKS PALM!!!!!!!