View Poll Results: Does your Pre maintain EVDO or drop to 1X constantly?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it drops down to 1X even when signal is good.

39 50.65%
  • No, it maintains EVDO without a problem.

38 49.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Get over yourself, moron.

"Does your Pre maintain EVDO in areas with good signal strength" is a good poll question.

"Does your Pre maintain EVDO or drop to 1X constantly?" is a bad poll question, because your answers are yes or no, but your question is not.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by onionhammer View Post
    Get over yourself, moron.

"Does your Pre maintain EVDO in areas with good signal strength" is a good poll question.

"Does your Pre maintain EVDO or drop to 1X constantly?" is a bad poll question, because your answers are yes or no, but your question is not.
    No, that would be making a question that you wanted to answer. Mine is pretty simple for those of modest education. I'm sorry you're the only one that got confused. It happens. There there now. It'll be alright!
    My EVDO continues to work fine, it does not drop to 1x - as I said in my first post, if you can read - I am still able to check my email, send emails, but not browse the web.

I answered your poll question correctly, and addended a caveat through a reply - which you pounced on because it didn't quite fit into your idiotic little template. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

I would have imagined the audience for the Palm pre would be a bit more mature, please grow up.
    Mine drops calls, dat, EV, etc.. While in very good Sprint area. This is a very well documented problem. Palm is aware of the situation, and hopefully there is something they can do about it.

This is a cut & paste from the Palm Support web site, coming directly from one of the administrators :

Re: Inconsistent Signal Issue Options

Anachronistic
    Administrator

Pre p100eww (Sprint)

Message 49 of 54

Viewed 98 times

Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.. Kudos! Thanks!
  5.    #25  
    My EVDO continues to work fine, it does not drop to 1x - as I said in my first post, if you can read - I am still able to check my email, send emails, but not browse the web.
    Beautiful. Then this poll doesn't apply to your situation at all. Does your Pre maintain EVDO or drop to 1X constantly? Or. Not and. Oh well.

I answered your poll question correctly, and addended a caveat through a reply - which you pounced on because it didn't quite fit into your idiotic little template. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
    Actually, this is what you said: Neither option is good for me....
    So if neither worked for you then you should have just explained your situation in the thread or another poll that actually applies to your problem. It's really not that difficult. Voting is not mandatory. Again, I'll remember to put in a "does not apply to my situation" on the next poll I may make.

I would have imagined the audience for the Palm pre would be a bit more mature, please grow up.
    Same here. Oh wait that's right. The question was too hard to answer so it was my fault. The words and & or are too easily confused in today's world. The question didn't fit your situation. I made a poorly worded poll. You're right. It was me. I apologize! Can we be friends now?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I have not seen anytime that I was not in EV mode. I have better service at work five bars and at home it is two to four bars. But a better measure is that my battery last whole day with charging at night. My use of the phone is light one or two calls a day but I do get or send around 50 emails daily use and about two hours of Pandora listening. I have only used WIFI to download the 1.02 update. Sunday we will be traveling to country and see how coverage is there.
    I think you're confusing yourself with a smart person.
    I am getting dropped calls constantly as well in areas we have never had a problem with Sprint ever before and still do not on a Rant and two Razrs. Lots of EDVO and dropped signal problems with Pre's though.

- Craig
    Mine drops to 1X even with the 1.4.1.1. webOS update and full 5-bar signal strength. Definitely a radio issue. Just this morning I watched it make the switch to 1X and back to EVDO. Then suddenly the voice message indicator popped up. I had actually _missed an incoming call_ while this darn thing was switching data networks! Sprint/Palm - THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!
    I have completely lost my EVDO, 1x or any data except for wifi on my sprint pre. I have tried, reseting, rebooting, ##3836# and toggling from different modes and nothing. I have even left it on airplane mode for a while and took it off but to no avail. Is anyone else having this issue? I would hate to return it this late since I have had a good run with this phone. I just can't get data anymore. I wonder if it's a patch issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by maleoutkast View Post
    I have completely lost my EVDO, 1x or any data except for wifi on my sprint pre. I have tried, reseting, rebooting, ##3836# and toggling from different modes and nothing. I have even left it on airplane mode for a while and took it off but to no avail. Is anyone else having this issue? I would hate to return it this late since I have had a good run with this phone. I just can't get data anymore. I wonder if it's a patch issue.
    For some strange reason I've had my phone disable settings on its own. I would check to make sure your data connection is on.

Go into the phone app.. tap the top left to bring the drop menu up and select Preferences.. then scroll down and make sure 'data usage' is set to on
    I will notice from time to time when watching a youtube or some other video it will sometimes pause and sputter...then I realize it has reverted to 1x! I have good reception, but I guess lots of phones sometimes switch to 1x even when there's no indication of a signal weakness.

I usually try to put the phone in airplane mode for 30 seconds and seeing if that kicks in the Ev afterward. Sometimes it does, other times I have to restart.
    thx for starting this thread. i've noticed this more as of late. in houston and galveston (strong evdo areas). never happened prior to last month (got my pre when it launched).
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    For some strange reason I've had my phone disable settings on its own. I would check to make sure your data connection is on.

Go into the phone app.. tap the top left to bring the drop menu up and select Preferences.. then scroll down and make sure 'data usage' is set to on
    I tried that as well and still no data connection. I think I have tried almost everything I can think of. If anyone else knows a different method to try I am willing to do it. I am also thinking of taking it back to sprint but that would mean starting from scratch since I have to remove all patches and themes, but it's worth it to get my data signal back. *sigh*

UPDATE: I turned data usage off from the phone preferences then restarted my phone. After the restart I left it for a few minutes and then turned it on... IT WORKED! Just in case anyone else wants to try this.
    Last edited by maleoutkast; 05/03/2010 at 05:09 PM.
    I live in an area where my Sprint signal is really weak. My EVDO/1x problem is this: When I drive down my street and I am in Hybrid Rev A, my signal will switch to 1x and whatever I am streaming will cut out and I have to wait for the signal to switch back, or turn off my radio and turn it back on to get back into EVDO.

I performed a little experiment to see what happens. As we know, ##evdo# lets us switch evdo settings. I switched mine to EVDO only. Yes I know we can't receive calls or texts but can make outgoing calls on this setting. What I noticed in this setting was I was able to maintain EVDO in my house and driving down the street when I forced it. I didn't have any interruption in streaming music. When I looked on the Sprint coverage map, there isn't any EV coverage where I live, which explains why my signal switches to 1x until I get off of my street in Hybrid mode. My question is if that's the case, then why when I force to EV am I able to get an EV signal in an area where it's 1x always in Hybrid mode? Why wouldn't it stay in EV if you can in fact have an EV signal in that area? I hate these little quarks.

Any help would be appreciated.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I wish I'd seen this poll before voting was closed. My vote would have been Yes, it drops down to 1X even when signal is good.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Apparently with the Everything plan, roaming is covered and you can data roam. You can do this as long as roaming isn't the bulk of the air time on the phone.
    This is true as far as Sprint is concerned, but as soon as your Pre starts using the heavy data load that the Pre is used to, Verizon shuts down data roaming in the area PERMANENTLY.

I used my Sprint Treo at work for years with no problems, but after a month of having my Pre (and not even actively using it very much) I noticed that I was cut off. I checked with other Sprint users and they were cut off too. I even brought my old Treo to work to experiment, and it was cut off too. I contacted Sprint, and after a month of investigating the issue, they determined that Verizon had cut off data sharing in the area and there was nothing they could do about it.
    The only time I drop to 1x is when I'm in a poor coverage area. 3g is steady if the signal is strong, always on wifi @ home due to my country/poor coverage area.
    My EVDO turns off if my phone is not using it. If something is trying to access the internet it works. Otherwise its a crap shoot.
    Lucky for those who have wifi connection. I dont. :[
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast