1.    #1  
    I appreciate all of the testing and tweaking done by those on this forum, but I suspect the real battery problem is its low capacity. The Pre's battery is just too small for heavy email, with less than perfect Sprint reception. I hope I'm wrong, and the main reason I would doubt my theory is that you would think Palm would have done extensive battery testing. In addition, the creator of Chatteremail spent some time at Palm working on the email client.

My Treo 650 running Chatteremail with four pushed imap accounts lasted about 10 hours with an 1800 mAh battery. My Pre gets about 8 hours with its 1150 mAh battery with the same four accounts, but with brightness turned way down and most other functionality turned off. I know this is comparing apples to oranges, but it doesn't seem reasonable to expect the same small battery that was in the Centro to power the Pre with all its capabilities.
    There is a chance, but I think the problems with batteries have been mostley ironed out. Turning hotmail off, getting through that first initial synq of email applications (it does it in the background at first) ect ect.

I think after people get that out of the way, and condition the battery over a few days people realize that the battery is sufficient for moderate usage. For heavy use there is always the larger batteries that you can get for relatively cheap
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    There is a chance, but I think the problems with batteries have been mostley ironed out. Turning hotmail off, getting through that first initial synq of email applications (it does it in the background at first) ect ect.

I think after people get that out of the way, and condition the battery over a few days people realize that the battery is sufficient for moderate usage. For heavy use there is always the larger batteries that you can get for relatively cheap
    +1

I agree. There was a thread earlier where everyone said that as of late battery life seemed to have just miraculously improved for all. People are getting smarter on how to use it but also I think the batteries are settling in as well.

I'm experiencing better battery life and I didn't have to disable everything nor lower my brightness all the way down. I still plan on getting the 1350 extended battery from Seidio.