Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've tired everything and this is my second post (sorry).

I'm trying to see if there is a way to make an appointment in the calendar (a new event) and add a contact to that event.

I make lots of doctor appointments and want to make an event on the calendar and have it show the doctors name. It's an appointment/event with the doctor.

In the Treo you are able to select from options to do a 'phone lookup' which would bring up the contact list. I would then select a name (in my case a doctor) and it would enter that name to the event line along with his phone number and address.

I can't seem to do this on the Pre.

I can't believe I'm going to have to type in all the details when I should be able to just select it.

Has anyone figured out how to do this. Is this possible.

I read on Google that there is something called setting up a meeting.

In the Pre documentation on page 153 it says:

View Meeting Participants
    If you receive a meeting request, you can view the participants.
    1. On your calendar, tap the meeting request. (The Participants field shows the organizer
    name plus the number of participants.)
    2. Tap the number to see the participants' names.
    3. (Optional) Tap a participantís name. (If the participant is a contact, the contact entry is
    displayed. If the participant is not a contact, tap Add to Contacts to add the participant to
    your contacts list.)

But I can't get anything to work.

Can someone help me or just tell me this is not possible so I can stop trying to figure it out.

I want this to work or find some kind of work around.

Come on guys and geeks, please help me figure this out!

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I don't think there's a way to do it from the Pre. I know meetings with invited attendees show up on the pre with attendees intact, but I don't think there's a way to initiate from the pre.
  3.    #3  
    Do you know how I can setup a meeting. Maybe if I do it like that it would work.

How do you setup a meeting and invite attendes, even if I have to go to google's calendar page.

Thanks

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I have been trying to do this as well. I can't believe such a basic and highly important function is missing. I have been able to add participants to meetings on my treo for years! PALM help!
    i thought this was a feature of the pre. i remember seeing a video before pre release where if you were late based on gps location, it would email participants. hopefully coming soon.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I used to use my blackberry curves to send calendar appointments back and forth between recipients, but I just recieved an appointment request from a curve and it came to my palm pre through email and looked like a bunch of jiberish. Anyone have any ideas of how to share calendars with others utilizing Outlook? Maybe if you first accept it on your main PC and sync the phone to it? But that is not always an option and takes away from the ease of sending and recieving appointments.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    This is a weird one - the capability is in the Pre to *display* meeting attendees, even drill down into each one to see their contact info. But there's no way to *add* meeting attendees? That just seems ridiculous. The only way I've found is to create (or edit) the meeting using google's calendar directly and add contacts there. Then, when it syncs to the Pre, the attendees will be there.

This is odd... another hidden toggle somewhere maybe?
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Agree, basic omitted feature.
    we should be able to select from contacts "Dr. Lackman" and then creat appointment with/for "Dr. Lackman" and all his information would be in the calendar event.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    i thought this was a feature of the pre. i remember seeing a video before pre release where if you were late based on gps location, it would email participants. hopefully coming soon.
    Well, I don't know if it uses the GPS, but you can send an email to all participants letting them know you're running late very easily. But no, you can't add attendees to meeting you set up. Which sucks.
    This is a terrible handicap I've been discussing since launch.

I've got my Outlook Exchange work account sync'd to the phone and only THAT allows meeting attendees- and only when set up from the desktop Microsoft Office. When I have a meeting notification on the pre- I have an option to contact attendees (I can say I'm late or something) I can also accept, reject or tentatively accept a meeting on the pre- but I can't set any of this up on the pre.

palm should have supplied a desktop app and had functions on the pre finally support ALL the functions of the desktop. (Palm desktop supported adding meeting attendees- but this info would not show on the handheld- apps like Agendus- added such features though)
    Ran into this today and boy is it annoying! Maybe that will be Palm's big announcement at CES tomorrow
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  12.    #12  
    My final solution to the problem, since I use PocketMirror to sync to my Outlook account on my PC. I setup a quick appointment and then when I'm on my PC, there is a function built into Outlook that lets you copy a contact to an appointment. Then I just sync back to my phone.

And google can't do this until the contact has an email. Great, since I don't email address for my doctors.

Palm is not Palm anymore and they don't know what the PalmOS did. I love my Pre but I loved how my Treo 650 worked for this kind of stuff.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

There is an app in the app catalog called contact capture. I haven't tried it, but it is supposed to capture contact info from emails and web pages to import into contacts. Maybe the dev can be contacted to make it work in reverse.
    No announcement of a fix for this at CES. I understand that Flash, 3d games, and video are real cool, but where is voice dialing and calendar invites? Two things that all basic smartphones have. I thought 6 months in we would have got the most basic of features.
    apparently they care more about the cool factor than actually making a viable smartphone. I'm trying to come back, but Android keeps looking better and better
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    this is really getting ridiculous. We're not talking about rocket science here Palm. Just add attendees to the calendar appointments already. People have been complaining about this since your launch almost a year ago. what makes it even more frustrating is the fact that for almost a year, palm hasn't acknowledged this problem or even announced a fix coming. I had high hopes for webos, but the slow factor in fixing obvious problems is beginning to become counterproductive in my work environment. Very close to looking at moving onto other platforms. Shame, as webos really was promising, but good looks don't always beat functionality, especially when it involves work.
    the ridiculous and frustrating part is all the talk from palm employees on facebook that said they wouldn't leave their PalmOS users behind. Well six months later it sounds like a bunch of BS.
    Being able to look at a contact's history was one big thing I loved about using Agendus. Allowed me to see who I was neglecting and easily follow up on past events, both being key things that help out with my job. I don't want to email them every time I enter something. I just want their contact file to know appts and events they participated in along with knowing when I called them last or if I performed a task inolving them. With not a lot of third parties jumping at the chance to make a better contact manager, Palm needs to do something. Android is even getting Pocket Informant at some point this year.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I just tried to find this on the Pre Plus with 1.4 on it and it still doesn't work. The interesting thing is that after creating an appointment you can go to the Calendar and after tapping the appointment (actually seems to do the same thing for any appointment on your Calendar) you will see the icon and row to add attendees for a half a second flash by. I have tried numerous times to tap it before it disappears to no avail.

One other basic appointment function I need is support for Private designations. I like to keep my coworkers from seeing the details of my personal calendar. Palm was the king of PIM and needs to reach again for that crown.
    Check out my ZDNet blog at http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/ and my SPE site http://nokiaexperts.com
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I am also disappointed by the weak calendar. Very basic and the code seems just about all there.
    Why don't you sync your private stuff to google? And for now you can create in outlook/exchange and make it private. Granted it should be there by now. Heck, even Android can do it and their PIM sucks too.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmsolo View Post
    One other basic appointment function I need is support for Private designations. I like to keep my coworkers from seeing the details of my personal calendar. Palm was the king of PIM and needs to reach again for that crown.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast