Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've been a huge fan of my Pre since launch day and wouldn't trade it for anything else around right now, but the one thing that is slightly crippling about it for me is the inability to send meeting invitations. It's something that I do on a daily basis and I'm still surprised it isn't possible.

95% of the complaints about "missing" functionality in WebOS are from people who just haven't adapted to the way that technology has changed in the past few years, but I'm pretty sure that there isn't some secret web 2.0 cool-kid way of sending invites that I somehow never heard about.

The really strange thing to me is that since June I've only seen it mentioned once or twice in this forum, while other seemingly obscure things like sending group texts get tons of complaints. Sometimes I wonder if anyone else here has a job.

In the meantime I create an event, then have to send myself a task to remind myself to invite the other attendees when I'm at a computer.
    +1 for Agendus for WebOS
    Vote here:
    Palm Pre, webOS and iambic - iambic Community Forums
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobraextreme View Post
    I've been a huge fan of my Pre since launch day and wouldn't trade it for anything else around right now, but the one thing that is slightly crippling about it for me is the inability to send meeting invitations. It's something that I do on a daily basis and I'm still surprised it isn't possible.

95% of the complaints about "missing" functionality in WebOS are from people who just haven't adapted to the way that technology has changed in the past few years, but I'm pretty sure that there isn't some secret web 2.0 cool-kid way of sending invites that I somehow never heard about.
    Don't know if this helps you or not, but I just posted this in another thread (actually, saw your post and thought "I thought I just answered that").

This works for Google Calendar, don't know if there's some way similar in Outlook Web Access, but I suspect so.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2273998
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Don't know if this helps you or not, but I just posted this in another thread (actually, saw your post and thought "I thought I just answered that").

This works for Google Calendar, don't know if there's some way similar in Outlook Web Access, but I suspect so.

Thanks, I hadn't looked at their mobile site in a while and didn't know they'd added attendees. I'm a google apps user so this works perfectly for me.
    Most of us who need the calendar function and the ability to add attendees are NOT the linux users.

Linux users by and far are programmers, techies, and super power users who are married to their workstations.

The dumb sales and marketing guys like myself, who live on the road, who use what the corporate gives us, use outlook. Not GMAIL, etc.

Guess who needs a smart phone more? The marketing and sales guys. You guys running linux on your spark stations and you never leave the office don't need a smart phone. You want one, yes, but you don't NEED one.

If you are on the road and your entire income is based on setting up meetings and selling things, sending a meeting request / invite when you hang up the phone to a customer is CRITICAL. Sending it from a GMAIL account looks totally unprofessional, and oh BTW will violate some NDA's if you do.

Palm, I can live without some features, but when you take my entire way I make my income away from me, that is the deal killer. I have had my pre for 2 days, and I can't function without adding attendees to meeting requests. This is the ONLY reason I have a smart phone.

I hope to god that there is a new phone update or hack, or this one is going back. Reading the comments though, sounds like I have to be done w palm. Bummer -

Former treo 600, 650, 800w now pre user.
    Quote Originally Posted by gritrocker View Post
    Sending it from a GMAIL account looks totally unprofessional, and oh BTW will violate some NDA's if you do.
    I agree it's not a workable long term solution to not be able to send invites from the phone's calendar, but there's nothing unprofessional about sending invites from Google Calendar if your company uses Google Apps. Obviously your company isn't going to change their infrastructure just to support your specific model of phone, but I think it's worth pointing out that it's more of a problem for people whose employers use certain types of software.
    I just hope that the entire Calendar group is flogged. It is so much worse than the rest of WebOS, and the functionality is below that of Palm's 10 year old PDA's. It is as if that group never saw Google or an old Palm or Outlook.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I wonder why there isn't a HB patch for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gritrocker View Post
    Most of us who need the calendar function and the ability to add attendees are NOT the linux users.

Linux users by and far are programmers, techies, and super power users who are married to their workstations.

The dumb sales and marketing guys like myself, who live on the road, who use what the corporate gives us, use outlook. Not GMAIL, etc.
    I don't understand the link you're making between "linux users" and GMail. The two have nothing to do with each other.

The information given about using the web based GMail app is for the Pre. GMail isn't restricted to Linux users. Though I'm Linux certified, I don't use it on a day to day basis (we're converting to Linux servers at work, but it hasn't happened yet - all of my workstations are currently Windows).

All that said, the information about web based clients may still applicable to Exchange users. I believe their web based app works on the Pre as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

I started the other thread and I thank you for your suggestion but as others have stated it is not as easy as the older Palm OS and I sure hope it gets fixed. I think this is a huge flaw in functionalilty but then again I love the phone.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    Patch request: there is obviously a way to get attendees in the calendar as the icon flashes for half a second before disappearing...anyone up for enabling this feature?...and as others have stated, if you have attendees from the google calendar, you can view and email them on the pre...just need the functionality of being able to add attendees from the pre itself!
    Last edited by kkumar99; 03/26/2010 at 10:12 PM.
    Has anyone tried the m-Vite app?. I saw the latest update included calendar integration
    There should also be a way to link contacts or events to a task item. Such an obvious thing! You'd think that the "synergy" concept would have included such ways to interconnect contacts, tasks and events.
    I've been saying that since day one. You have 13yrs of experience with the PIM on top of two widely used addons in Agendus and Datebook, yet they actually manage to go backwards in functionality outside of the whole merging of multiple sources. At least Android is Google based and starting from scratch based off the functionality of their web based app, but even HTC realizes it needed some oomph and enhanced it via Sense. Palm doesn't have much of an excuse outside of getting into bed with Google and dumbing it down to suit it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12