Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have the same tone set for my ringer as I do for my alarm...not one of the built-in ringers but one I downloaded.

It just seems that the alarm is very quiet despite my volume being all the way up.

Any thoughts>?
    The Alarm app uses the System Sounds setting, not the Ringtone Volume setting. Do you have System Sounds turned up?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    The Alarm app uses the System Sounds setting, not the Ringtone Volume setting. Do you have System Sounds turned up?
    I just confirmed this. I'm not happy with this, though. The alarm clock should use the Ringtone volume or its own volume, but not the same volume we use to control all the non-critical sounds the Pre makes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    This was bugging me, thanks! I just turned my system sounds volume up to see if that fixes it. The alarm app should be tied to ringer volume, imo.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    The downside to turning the system volume up all the way (which is, unfortunately, what I do at night then turn it back down during the day) is that if you were to dial on the phone card, it's HELLA loud.

I too don't like this but multiple other threads about this issue say that an update is coming. No date though.
    i had my system volume turned down, but as soon as i power off and power on, its on full blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    The downside to turning the system volume up all the way (which is, unfortunately, what I do at night then turn it back down during the day) is that if you were to dial on the phone card, it's HELLA loud.
    Word! I turned down system sounds because you could hear me dialing the phone at the recipient's location. 20 miles away! The alarms weren't impressively loud to start with - I need something L-O-U-D!!! - but I was wondering why it was even less effective.
    There's also a hack to remove the sound of the dialing tones from playing over your external speaker (they still work for DTMF tones though and you'll hear them much more faintly over the earpiece when doing that.)

I highly recommend it.
    I put mine on "older phone", it wakes me up! haha
    Kyocera 2345 -> Nokia 6225 -> Sanyo Katana -> Motorola Q -> HTC Mogul -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    No way should the alarm be tied to the ringer volume. I silence my ringer when I sleep so phone calls won't wake me up, but I still want the alarm clock to sound. If it was tied to the ringer, I'd have to leave myself vulnerable to being woken up by a phone call (I sleep during the day because I work nights) just so my alarm clock would go off.
    Quote Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
    No way should the alarm be tied to the ringer volume. I silence my ringer when I sleep so phone calls won't wake me up, but I still want the alarm clock to sound. If it was tied to the ringer, I'd have to leave myself vulnerable to being woken up by a phone call (I sleep during the day because I work nights) just so my alarm clock would go off.
    Try Airplane mode when you want to stop calls. Alarm still works. I work nights too.
    Quote Originally Posted by LACERZ View Post
    I put mine on "older phone", it wakes me up! haha
    Older phone does the trick for me too.
    It is very stupid to tie that to a single sound setting.
    Yup. What were they thinking?
    Yeah the sound settings should be different. I used the alarm feature in Europe quite a bit and just picked the most annoying sound alarm which for me was Flurry. Sometimes it's how annoying the sound is that's important... of course you do have to be able to hear it.
    Texts, calls, and ringers need separate volume and sound settings. Ideally, I want my texts and calls on silent or vibrate, and I want my alarm as loud as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Texts, calls, and ringers need separate volume and sound settings. Ideally, I want my texts and calls on silent or vibrate, and I want my alarm as loud as possible.
    Absolutely. I'm going on my first business trip with the Pre and leaving the 700p behind ...It better wake me up in the mornings.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    The Alarm Clock is LOUD.

When you've opened the Clock App, and go to the Alarm section, change your volume then. My dad has his all the way up so when it plays the alarm for work it rings all throughout the house.
    How annoying.
    Trust me though, it can be loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    These Treo ringtones for the Pre have been made as loud as possible too (and have many good alarm sounds).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast