1.    #1  
    Pretty lame when looking at your monthly calender and you dont see anything on it showing an all day event. So basically I look at the calender and think the day is free..HELLA LAME...any way to get this to put a color on it. It does it with a time event but not for an all day event?
  2.    #2  
    Any way to change this?
    Put a start and end time on your event and color will show.

For example if I was at an all day seminar I would show 8AM to 5PM

I save the all day event selection for vacation where I still want the day open to schedule short trips, or birthdays. etc
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by throwerbev View Post
    Put a start and end time on your event and color will show.

For example if I was at an all day seminar I would show 8AM to 5PM

I save the all day event selection for vacation where I still want the day open to schedule short trips, or birthdays. etc
    But I dotn want to put a start end time on it...becasue there are some things I dont know when they start or end....
    I noticed this the other day, I almost missed an all day event because I wasn't able to see it on the month view.

A nice square in the corner of a day to indicate an all day event would be nice. (or anything for that matter)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jurado View Post
    I noticed this the other day, I almost missed an all day event because I wasn't able to see it on the month view.

A nice square in the corner of a day to indicate an all day event would be nice. (or anything for that matter)
    agreed something...it shows up onmonth view for houly events why not all day ones?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I'd also like to be able to highlight a few days at at time in month view, for a conference or a vacation, etc. It's really weird to me that you can't do this.
  8.    #8  
    bump...Palm needs to fix this ASAP
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Why are you "bumping" this? Palm isn't going to fix your proble faster by posting here.

Maybe you should contact Palm support.
    The month view is basically worthless. Hopefully they will improve the calendar a bit.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
  11. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    If you guys really want COLOR in your calendar you need to use different calendars as categories.
    If you're using GMail, just create a calendar for every category (work, family, task, social, event) and give them different colors.

It works pretty well except that the Pre doesn't sync automatically with Google Calendar, you have to actually TELL it to sync.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    The problem here is that this calendar is basically not as good as my old PALM PDA for the Vx. Atleast the PALM calendar there, had symbols that showed up on the days for ALL DAY EVENTS.
    For instance, if you put "Johns Birthday" there is no TIME associated to that, you make it a yearly repeating event, all day.
    It does not show anything in the MONTH view.
    which sux, cuz u take a look at your month to see if u have anything going on for that day, and you see "all clear".
    Instead, if it worked even as good as the 10 year old+ PDA calendar, it would show a colored DOT in the corner of the month, indicating SOMETHING was happening that day.

Gosh, datebk came out with wonderful calendars that worked fantastic with tiny little icons that go in the month view, that worked on smaller screens than the PRE, so why would we get such a generic crappy calendar in 2009? Dont know.

Guess we'll have to wait for a new Datebk for PRE, or use the CLASSIC to use datebk6 in PRE, or use Pocket Informant for PRE - hoping that they all simply allow synergy to occur, and they then reflect the data BETTER in the 3rd party apps, than they do in the included CALENDAR that is really very very basic if anything.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I agree, the month view is pretty useless.

Here's the month view on my 700p

At a glance, I can see that the 4th is holiday, I have two birthdays (on the 1st and 10th), I have an ongoing event (a class) starting on the 13th extending into next month), and a personal event on the 23rd (my CD mature date)

I ported everything over to my Pre.

And here's the month view on my Pre

It tells me I have something on the 7th (a half day work meeting) and ... nothing else. To see birthdays, holidays or full day events, I would have to go to the week view. And trust me, everything is there in my Google calendar - color coded and everything.
    Last edited by backslide; 06/13/2009 at 11:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    beautiful.
    picture is worth a thousand words.
    Very obvious that we took a HUGE step backwards with this PRE calendar.
    sad, very sad.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I already mentioned this issue somewhere else on here. It bugs the crap out of me. Part of the reason I got the Pre was to be able to see my Google calendar while away from my computer.

So now, if I want to schedule something for two months from now, I have to go to weekly view, then swipe forward like, eight times to get to the right month. Cause I would have to see all-day events to schedule the new event.

It's annoying as crap.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
  16.    #16  
    I am hoping this is one of the fixes in the first update.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    I am hoping this is one of the fixes in the first update.
    It better be on Palms "Top Ten Things To Fix" list!
    This bugs me also, since I depend heavily on my calendars.

Are you all posting this on the official Palm support site also?
    The more of us that do so, the better.

Here's the link: Official Palm Forums