Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    I will give you an example. With my instinct, when I get a call from a caller that isn't in my contacts, it shows the number and the state above it. No one has noticed this? Exceptions are 800 numbers. My centro always showed the state to my recollection. This is just something you don't notice if your calls all come from people in your contacts. And it is a feature built into the phones as it compares the area code to a list and thus shows the state. My centro came with a trial app that took this a step further and showed the city as well. But by default, almost all phones have this feature.
    No phone I have ever owned has done this. I've seen it on one other phone in the past, and I always thought it was carrier specific. I've never seen a phone on VZW with this, and I used them for 6 years, though they do have an app for it now that is overpriced.
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    Just noticed after several calls from customers, that the Pre Isn't showing the state on the caller ID for callers not in your contacts! This is a basic thing that every phone I have ever owned has had. Since I use it for my business, it's handy knowing what state a callers number is from. Hard to believe they omitted this feature! Maybe someone will make an app or they will put something in there with a future webos update...
    I had this "unknown caller" for awhile, but I talked with a sprint rep and he said he can modify my caller id to say my name or whatever you want. He said it takes 72 hours to go through so I am waiting on the results :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    I have had several phones that have done this as well....nice feature...it reads the area code...as I receive alot of 876 calls(Jamaica) and 345(Cayman) it would clearly read the countrys name even those calls that came from Canada(416) and international calls from Europe... I could definetely see US area codes if the number was not in contacts I at least knew where the call was coming from
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Prior to my Pre, I've had two Sanyo's and they both gave me the state for the incoming call, and the outgoing call's state - nice feature. If you've ever mis-dialed the number before pressing talk, a state you don't expect will come up - handy.

I miss it, and hope it shows up as an app or in an update soon. A smartphone should not be dumber than a basic flip-phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    wow, you remember all of them? There have to be hundreds if not thousands!
    If by hundreds you mean 800, and by thousands you mean 800, then absolutely!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aninias View Post
    If by hundreds you mean 800, and by thousands you mean 800, then absolutely!
    Yeah- it's 800 possibilities. Since 0 and 1 arent't used as beginning numbers for area codes, that leaves 8 numbers as possibilities. The next number has 10, and so does the following number. 8 x 10 x 10 = 800.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Yeah- it's 800 possibilities. Since 0 and 1 arent't used as beginning numbers for area codes, that leaves 8 numbers as possibilities. The next number has 10, and so does the following number. 8 x 10 x 10 = 800.
    But there are only 269 in use in North America. In cases anyone wanted to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasado View Post
    My Centro does it without fail!
    Same here.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    OK - They did have this in there or atleast they will be putting it in, because the function / code is already in the pre.. I don't have enough posts becasue I'm new to these forums, but I just posted the howto in another thread.. Search the forums for "Show STATE location"

The full thread name is "HOWTO - Show STATE location of U.S. numbers for Incoming and Outgoing Calls (and log)"
    Samsung has it. Not sure about any other cell manufacturer as all of my phones prior to the Pre were Samsung, which I was BTW

Soup.
    Finally! - I can post links! - Go here to enable this feature on the Palm Pre - http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...95#post1740795
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I noticed this too. It's disappointing since I try to answer the phone: (checks state of origin) "Texas in da HAAAAHHHH-OUSE!"
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123