Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Here's the secret Easter egg. The phone actually DOES tell you not only the state but the region as well. They secretly encode it within a three-digit code at the beginning of the phone number.
    wow, you remember all of them? There have to be hundreds if not thousands!
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Most mobile phones are probably just using a lookup table, or does this info actually come from the CallerId object? I dont have the emulator yet, so Im not able to easily debug these callState objects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    On my WinMo Mogul, when I would input a number on the dialer, when I entered the 10th digit, it would tell me the state of the area code of the number I put in. Pretty cool feature IMO. Did this on my PPC-6700 before as well.
    yeah, my dads 1999 flip phone from qwest does that.

also my centro did it, I hope the Pre will be updated to do it soon.
    my fusic did this but my touch diamond didnt, so i assumed this wasnt a feature of all spring phones. it is cool though.
    All my previous treo's did this what a bummer. Hurry up with the good updates!! Please sprint.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I prefer the "Hello this is <name>" method. Works really well for answering.

Would be a nice feature- though it is not needed at all really.
    This would be useful with unknown numbers. Protect people from 809 scams.
    I've never had a phone (dumb or smart) that showed the caller's state. It only showed the 10-digit number.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    This would be useful with unknown numbers. Protect people from 809 scams.
    Does it work with unknown numbers? I would think it would only work with a number where you can see the 10 digits.

Or by unknown do you just mean a number not in contacts?
    My Rumor did this and when I get calls from weird states that I know nobody in I don't even answer.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    I miss this as well
    who cares!
  13. thekaitlin
    I've never seen this; even my home phone doesn't do this - it shows the information that is registered with the phone company (such as name or business name, but if there's nothing registered or it's a cell phone, it just says "Unknown Caller"). Guess it would be nice, though!
    I was a fan of this as well, since I do a fair amount of calls to vendors it helps to at least know the state so I have a vague idea of who it is. My Samsung Upstage (I know) had this, so this is... well, obviously not deal breaking, but I'd expect the Pre to handle that.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    wow, you remember all of them? There have to be hundreds if not thousands!
    There are not thousands of 3-digit numbers.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    My old HTC Touch (which is in a box as of yesterday - woohoo) did this as well. The only thing I ever used it for was a quick way to see what state an area code was in. It was usefull sometimes, I guess. I didn't even miss it with the Pre...
    My Treo 650 nor my Touch Pro did this. i just always assumed all phones didn't have this feature. Without detracting from you chagrin I would like to comment on how things could be worse. My wife just added Pre to her Sprint account that was originally set up in the Virgin Islands 7+ years ago (we live in CT now). In those 7+ years she has only ever been able to see caller id from other sprint phones. I believe it is an unfortunate happening with all Sprint accounts that are contracted there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    There are not thousands of 3-digit numbers.
    LMAO!
    Wow, that last phone that I had that did this was a sanyo 5600, since then Ive had two nextel phones, treo 700w, htc touch, htc diamond and none of them did it.
    My Touch would only show state dialed to not receiving.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast