Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Photobucket introduces native photo upload solution for Palm Pre

Native Integration Enables Easy, One Click Uploads to Photobucket.com

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF. – June 8, 2009 – Photobucket, the Web’s premier standalone photo and video-sharing site, today announced the availability of a native photo upload solution for the new Palm® Pre™ phone. As a pre-installed photo upload partner, Photobucket lets Palm Pre users easily send photos taken on their mobile device to a Photobucket album without having to download an application. Users just take a picture and tap on the Photobucket entry to send the picture to their Photobucket account.(1)
    wow nice. I can't wait to see more simplified integration like this from other sites...
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    I thought you guys already knew about this? You just set up your account in the Photo App and can upload stuff directly to Photobucket. It's pretty sweet.

Unless this is a new standalone app or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    I thought you guys already knew about this? You just set up your account in the Photo App and can upload stuff directly to Photobucket. It's pretty sweet.

Yeah, it uploads quick too.. I love it.. I've been using it since day 1.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    No we just need one for flickr!

I currently email my pics to flickr to post them.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Yeah, it uploads quick too.. I love it.. I've been using it since day 1.
    same here. Works like a charm.

Yeah, this came with the Pre. The press release is just a bit late I think!

Personally, I'd prefer Flickr. But I'm sure it is coming.
    You know for all the same features that this phone has like the instinct id be hard pressed to say it wasn't a instinct 2. HOWEVER, this phone kicks the instincts ***. So we will just end that right here .
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    No we just need one for flickr!

I currently email my pics to flickr to post them.
    +1
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Too bad the Pre takes cellphone pictures

To each his own but I would never post a cellphone picture on the Internet.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    They've had this since day one. Been using it since day one. Finally have a good use for my photobucket account.

Works great. I love how you can start an upload and flip to another photo and and start uploading it too and it seems to do simultaneous transfers. True, phones don't "need" multitasking but it sure makes using it sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

Have you seen some of the pictures users have posted here? The Pre can take some pretty nice pictures.

Just check this thread out if you don't believe me.
    Have you seen some of the pictures users have posted here? The Pre can take some pretty nice pictures.

Just check this thread out if you don't believe me.
    Sorry but you and I have different standards for "nice" pictures.
    I could only find 2 shots in the thread that I would call "decent".

There are $50 cameras on the market that have better IQ (image quality) than the Pre.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011

There are $50 cameras on the market that have better IQ (image quality) than the Pre.
    Okay then, nice for a cell phone. Of course it's no DSLR, but I also don't carry around my camera with me everywhere I go. It's nice to know that in a pinch I can pull out my phone and take a halfway decent shot. This is the first phone I've ever had where I could actually do that.

Obviously from a person that does not have grandchildren.

But who has space in their pockets to carry a separate camera on top of a Pre, a battery, a little benchmade, keys, USB key, wallet, metrocard, pocket cash, handkerchief and headphones?

The camera you have is much better then the one sitting on your desk at home.
    OK, I have to admit, I didn't even realize I could load photos directly to Facebook until I started setting this up!
    I'm telling you, there are nifty little features buried all over WebOS. Just takes a little digging!