1.    #1  
    Whenever I make/receive calls or press the voicemail button in the phone app the phone goes to standby and then I hear the automated message telling me to enter my password for voicemail (while the Palm Pre is still in standby and I can't touch the screen or get it out of standby). I can't get it out of standby until the voicemail automated message or phone call has ended and I've put it back on charger. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Do I need to return my Palm Pre back to the store and exchange it or do I just need to restore my firmware to fix it?
    Last edited by Shan; 06/12/2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Palm Pre goes to standby mode when I make/receive calls/press Voicemail button!
    I have a similar problem but its with all calls, not just voicemail.. I left a couple people long blank voice messages because I couldnt end it or anything
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Couth View Post
    I have a similar problem but its with all calls, not just voicemail.. I left a couple people long blank voice messages because I couldnt end it or anything
    Do you know why it happens? It actually happens for calls too, I just edited my post.
    Do you have a screen protector on it? Mine is peeling and that could affect the sensor that the pre has to detect your face.. I think that's it. Another user here had the same problem and that was it
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Couth View Post
    Do you have a screen protector on it? Mine is peeling and that could affect the sensor that the pre has to detect your face.. I think that's it. Another user here had the same problem and that was it
    Couth, thanks a lot! This is exactly why this happened. I have the default screen protector on there which is very loose, and that's what was causing it to go on standby.