Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Some of the posts on this forum seem just too damn suspicious. I think the whole net is infested with Apple fanboys.

Gizmodo has gone downhil faster than GM stock. They are not even hiding their bias anymore. Then the comments have become nothing more than a playground for Apple shills.

Alot of investment websites are dominated by Apple shills - where some of the most inane comments are voted up.
    I'm glad you said something about this. I've started to think I'm the only one who's had this thought. Many of the posts of supposed problems are worded rediculously. I'm not really enjoying these forums anymore. Every post has become suspicious to me.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if Hermetic was one. He's had nothing but bad to say about the Pre, but he still posts a fair bit.

He's either and apple fanboy, is paid by Apple, or he can't get/can't figure out how to use a Pre, so he's jealous and bitter. :P
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    There are at least 5, but I got in trouble for naming names so watch it. If a person is here posting and you read through their prior post with nothing but negatives. Just go ahead and consider them a troll. I mean think about it. I had a blackberry, but I don't go wasting my time on the crackberry forums anymore. So, they have no reason to be here except to spread their own agenda.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I'm glad you said something about this. I've started to think I'm the only one who's had this thought. Many of the posts of supposed problems are worded rediculously. I'm not really enjoying these forums anymore. Every post has become suspicious to me.
    hahaha

Yeah the thought has crossed my mind as well but I am trying not to let it get to me. By that I mean that if somebody posts an issue with the Pre I take it into consideration as a possible issue. I am loving my Pre so far. No issues. Just waiting for tethering so I don't have to go back to my touch pro.
    been here for a while. something is fishy here, for sure.
    They are just threatened. Understandable, using an inferior phone, with profound inner hatred and twisted feeling towards apple. Hate apple for not giving them good multitasking phone, while not dare to speak out.

Such twisted feeling quickly build up and erupt here, poor people.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    "How many paid Apple bloggers do you think are on this forum?"

Paid? None. Why should Apple pay when they have so many iSheep to do their bidding for free. iJustine comes to mind.
    What about that "O me O mi..." post? If you read it it's absolutely retarded. To me, the OP sounds fake. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if someone just started kicking some of these posters. After all, this is supposed to be a fan site. Why would people waste so much time on a site for a device they hate?

This is really a repeat of what I've seen on other sites. Years ago when Palm was #1 for PDA's this sort of thing was rampant on palminfocenter.com. Then forum members started calling these people out (like in this post). It really didn't stop them. There was a certain member who was quite fond of bashing palm devices in favor of WinCE. Eventually this member just disappeared. At the same time, miraculously a new member appeared with nearly the identical username who claimed to be a fan of Palm.

More recently this "fan" disappeard from palminfocenter.com formus with rumor that he's been hanging around on precentral.net. Interestingly, there's a user on these forums who has that same username. I've called him out in several of my posts here. He claims to now be a disapointed follower of the Pre. His favorite line is to tell people who mention anything to him counter to his post, "if you don't have anything to contribute to the thread then don't bother posting." Or some similarly worded response.

Now this may sound super paranoid but I think he has been "playing" the members of this forum for quite some time by expressing interest in the Pre and a desire to have one for himself. Two days after the launch, he made the claim that the Pre is junk and he supposedly returned it. Since then he's been bashing it.

There were also rumors on palminfocenter.com that this individual acutally had multiple usernames and would create posts then reply to those posts with other user accounts. In this way it appeared that there were many defective units and many people were having trouble with their devices.

To a casual person considering purchasing a Pre, to sign up to a forum such as this and see all of these posts, that sort of thing could be enough to deter them from buying.

Do we have:
    - Fanatics of other devices on this forum?
    - Fanatics of other carriers on this forum?
    - Individuals compensated (ether by a competing device manufacturer or carrier) to create negative hype on this forum?
    - Disgruntled Palm empoyees (or former employees)?

Either way, for me the threads are getting less and less credible for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    "How many paid Apple bloggers do you think are on this forum?"

Paid? None. Why should Apple pay when they have so many iSheep to do their bidding for free. iJustine comes to mind.
    ROFL: "iSheep"!!!! Absolutely love it. The first "iAnything" I've thought wasn't retarded.
    I find it funny the number of new posts referring to the Pre as "premature" when that was an early review of the Pre on Best Buys site. In my observation, any one referring to the phone that way so far is just rehashing the information that's already been here for days or weeks. Seems hinky to me.
    I wonder how many members are employed by Palm that feed us actual info, but we don't believe it because they are either "new" or haven't posted enough to be credible. =P
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I wonder how many members are employed by Palm that feed us actual info, but we don't believe it because they are either "new" or haven't posted enough to be credible. =P
    I've wondered that myself as well. This is why I say in my last post that I really do question the credability of the posts.

I would never deny that I'm a Palm "fanboy". I've used Palm products since the 1000 and I love the products they produce. I don't believe that their products are "perfect". I've always thought of Palm as more of a software company. It's always been their software that makes the products. The last device I remember them producing with excellent battery life was the v. The IIIc (their first color device) was the beginning of terrible battery life. That's not to say their products are substandard. The components are tops: TI CPU, Sony LCD, Samsung radios, etc.

But largely for me, I've always been a sucker for an underdog.
    The victim mentality here is pathetic. Is the pre really that weak that you have to defend it from these imaginary 'fanboys'? I don't think so.

If you think people talk smack about the Pre and its issues then you havnt heard the criticizm iPhone faced in the market. Get thicker skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyxwv88 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Hermetic was one. He's had nothing but bad to say about the Pre, but he still posts a fair bit.

He's either and apple fanboy, is paid by Apple, or he can't get/can't figure out how to use a Pre, so he's jealous and bitter. :P
    Troll is a good title. every post is like "pre sucks" Nothing constructive to say about the thread topic. We get it, he doesn't like it, move on and let other people make their own choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    The victim mentality here is pathetic. Is the pre really that weak that you have to defend it from these imaginary 'fanboys'? I don't think so.

If you think people talk smack about the Pre and its issues then you havnt heard the criticizm iPhone faced in the market. Get thicker skin.
    I've followed the iPhone, the Android G1 and many other product releases. I agree that they all have just as much negativity going on in their respective fan forums. My belief is the assertion that many of these are not legitimate. I myself very seriously considered buying iPhone and G1, but I carry my phone in my front pants pocket and these phones are too large for that.

However, on this forum I'm talking Pre.

Capitalism is a cut-throat Darwinean economic system: survival of the fittest. If there are ways for a company to promote their own products (or bash those of competitors) they will find and exploit those methods -- whatever they are.

The issue of this thread is, is it the case that there is or are companies taking advantage of this forum to detur potential future customers of the Pre. My position is simply that I believe the probability is high.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    The issue of this thread is, is it the case that there is or are companies taking advantage of this forum to detur potential future customers of the Pre. My position is simply that I believe the probability is high.
    If there weren't any, this forum would be the exception to the rule of modern corporate FUD spreading techniques.
    i have no problem with people dislike a products and voice the opinions, but there is something unique about apple fanboys, you can tell so easily, its almost funny.

what they do?

they redefine commonly understood term, twisted the meaning of it.

they practice the dogma "anything none-apple is bad", "anything apple's products don't do is useless".
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    If there weren't any, this forum would be the exception to the rule of modern corporate FUD spreading techniques.
    That's what I'm saying. I really don't think we're in disagreement.

Moreover, this has nothing to do with "thick skin". I find it annoying since I would like to be able to come to a forum to read true anecdotes and reliable help and advice. However, the number of apparantly "questionable" posts causes me to have pause reading ANY post. It makes what is really an enjoyment to me (discussing issues with others who share my intersts) to be severely decreased in its value to me.
    Originally posted by bryanharig:

What is the purpose of your post? They are expressing an opinion on a fan site and stating that since it's a fan site, if you're not a fan get off. It's like going to a bar and having people constantly walk up to you and tell you there can be dangers to drinking and drinking serves no purpose. Personally, my poison is ice cream and if someone comes up to me in ice cream parlor and tries to tell me about the health risks of sweets, I would think they were nuts or un-American.

The Pre fans feel the same way about people posting on a fan site w/o true critique or criticism. I saw a post where someone asked a question and someone else instantly said that the Pre couldn't do the three things that this person wanted. I personally use two of the apps that the person said couldn't be use on the Pre or in the Classic software.

When you keep seeing unhelpful and ungrounded posts like that, it leads to legitimate questioning of who the He_ _ these posters are?

In addition, you knew what this thread was about when you clicked to read it. Thus don't complain, because you find what you expected based on the title, If you don't like the title or concept of the book, "don't buy it and don't read it."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast