Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This apple fanboy thing is getting ridiculous. Seems like the whole web is getting infected by them.. really sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by halmo20 View Post
    This apple fanboy thing is getting ridiculous. Seems like the whole web is getting infected by them.. really sad.
    Here's the thing that I just don't get; isn't having competition a GOOD thing for the Fanboys? Doesn't competition mean that Apple will work a little harder to give them a better product? And cheaper too? Would there even be a $99 iPhone option if it wasn't for the Palm Pre? Do they think Apple just lowered prices out of the kindness of their hearts?

It's just dumb, and one of a few reasons I never broke down and bought an iPhone. That Koolaid is killer.
    I have been on many a forum during my lengthy time on the Internet, rabid opposition is a problem everywhere. Gaming communities and Sci-fi communities that I would usually be joining are something I now avoid whenever possible. This is the most I have posted on a forum in ages, since I am excited about my shiny new toy. Immediate feedback from real people is more important to me than the slow trickle of gadget blog information or avoiding a few imbeciles trolling for rage.

I just don't bother clicking on posts complaining about their purchase or any of them with poor grammar.

Some people just put the Dumb in FanDumb.
    Eryn Tzun
    tzun.com
    I'm just an ignorant warrior who believes that love means you're willing to fight and die for your fellow living beings.
    Quote Originally Posted by eryntzun View Post
    I have been on many a forum during my lengthy time on the Internet, and rabid opposition is a problem everywhere. Gaming communities and Sci-fi communities that I would usually be joining are something I now avoid whenever possible. This is the most I have posted on a forum in ages, since I am excited about my shiny new toy. Immediate feedback from real people is more important to me than the slow trickle of gadget blog information or avoiding a few imbeciles trolling for rage. I just don't bother clicking on posts complaining about their purchase. People that are allergic to the shift key seem to do it a lot.
    That's part of the issue lately around here. I keep seeing post after post from people talking bad about the pre and the people posting this crap don't even have the phone, and most only say they played with one at the store.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I'm glad i found this thread. I've had this weird feeeling that something's up with some of the OUTRAGEOUSLY NEGATIVE posts showing up here.

This phone is amazing. On my honor, I have managed to converted my buddy from 2 iPhones over to Sprint. He bought 3 of them, 2 to replace the iPhones he had, and an extra for his daughter.

He repeatedly tells me he's glad he's on a Pre. Not that he hated his jailbroken iPhones, but after playing with his iPhone after having the Pre a couple days, there's nothing about the iPhone (or AT&T) that he misses.

I hope the mods make note of these suspicious posters and take action.

If anyone stumbles across some of those threads, they could really unjustifiably sway people away from what has been an incredible phone so far.
    Personally, I love reading fanboy postings on the internetz. I always like to know that there really are people that stupid in the rest of the world.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Ignore list? How do you do that?
    Select User CP (left end of the green section at the top of the page) and then select Edit Ignore List.
    I think all this giggle "conspiracy" theories" seems to stem from a sort of paranoia. That's what's REALLY sad. All this overreacting, drama plays, character insults all stem from what happens when ya get too close to the doghouse. Dogs bark the loudest when ya get too close, ya know.

People can do all the namecalling, integrity and character attacks they want, but it is what it is.

All phones come complete with appealing features as well as their flaws and weaknesses. There are NO flawless phones.

Knowing that, anyone of any maturity and intelligence should be able to acknowledge the flaws of their phone of choice without taking offense, getting defensive, dramatic and bent out of shape with longwinded personal attacks.

The purpose of forums is to allow the free flowing exchange to ideas, opinions and considerations.

If you're ecstatic about a phone, you're a fanboy, if you talk about a phone's weak attributes and flaws, you're thought of as a troll or plant. This type of forum culture has gotten to be ridiculous - especially lately.

All this hot air about he's a troll, she's a plant, or they are a corporate secret spy hired by apple through iran by north korean agents by way of the KGB underground is totally laughable.

Its just different people exchanging differing opinions on a CELLPHONE! no more, no less!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!
    Well with the iphone fanbois what it comes down to is not just "pointing out" the flaws of the pre, but pointing them out and GROSSLY exaggerating the effect of said flaw. This coupled with sarcastic jabs in almost every one of there posts it just gets annoying

its like "hey I went to the candy shop the other day" iphone fanboi response: "Cool, well the pre sux" And I sit there scratching my head wondering what that has to do with the conversation.

Or "ZOMG the phone can CUT cheese with its edges sharper then a diamond sharped blade causing me physical pain and discomfort" Its like really people? these edges bother you? I just don't get it

Those are just a few examples on why I hate fanbois.

Where if I talk about the iphone its like "yeah the phone is good, but it has its problems and its just not for me"

See the difference?
    Well, if you have read around the forum today, you will see that I have been on a "crusade" against a few of "them". I have no problems at all with the fact that the Pre is not for everyone. No phone is perfect - and the Pre is certainly not perfect right now. What I have a problem with is those that either tried it for a day or two and it did not work for them or they dropped by the Sprint store and played with it for 5 minutes, and now they are posting countless times with their negative opinions that have very little merit. I'll be happy to point a few out, but I think we all know who they are. Apparently since it did not work for them, well, none of us should be happy with ours either. It's like they are missing out on a party that they decided not to attend and now they want to stand at the door to harass those that do. Bitterness is a sad thing.

BTW - I love my Pre more each day but it fits my needs (and I am never to far away from a charger!). I make no judgment about those who find the Pre deficient (though those of you who actually like the Centro deserve a "smartphone metal of honor" for being productive on that little thing), but don't talk down to all of us who do like it.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    The point is if you don't like the phone and you have no interest in it's development. Then what the heck are you here for? To be a nuisance or push your own agenda? Well the members here don't care about your agenda's, nor do they wish to waste their time looking through the forums at annoying post.

This forum is for Pre enthusiast. It's ok to post I didn't like the phone because or I wish it would do this or can they change this or how do you do this. This invokes constructive criticism which all devices need.
    This stuff matters. Folks like me, with a Centro and VZW, are on the sidelines waiting and watching the early adopters. I've been glad after reading many posts that for now, I can wait. Now, I wonder how many of those were planted stories and just crap. Not that there aren't some legit issues, there always are, esp. with 1.0 of anything. What's really said is that many of us are fans of both Palm and Apple. I don't like the iphone's silly pretend keyboard, nor ATT, but love my ipod, and used to love my Mac before they tore it from my fingers after the last Mac Accountant left town and we couldn't do pro taxwork anymore. It's a lot like the gps world I live in, too. There are G-heads who will never ever believe that there's a better, or cheaper, product, but for some reason, they don't show up and bash the other outfits, either. Maybe it says more about the fan base than anything else. But don't blame Apple until or unless there's some proof that they're spurring this on.
    Last edited by Zorro1; 06/13/2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: clarification
    clearly 30% (a familiar number pulled out of my arse) of the problem posts on here are from TROLLS. And it's amazing that they're all stupid enough to think that they don't stand out.

LAME! LAME! LAME!
    Couldn't agree more. And the problem is that their garbage actually interferes with getting answers to those with legit problemw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I wonder how many of the May 2009 and June 2009 members here are being paid by Palm? That happened when the Foleo was announced.
    Speaking of trolls...
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    The purpose of forums is to allow the free flowing exchange to ideas, opinions and considerations.

Its just different people exchanging differing opinions on a CELLPHONE! no more, no less!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!
    Says the guy who created a fake user (iPhoneOverPre) to follow his Pre bashing posts and thank him 53 times.

That sounds like a real free exchange of ideas without a hidden agenda. I can't even comprehend the need to do something like that on any kind of forum. There is no way a regular iPhone fanboy would do something like that. Not a conspiracy theory at all. Pretty easy to see in black and white. Either you or iPhoneOverPre are PLANTS...most likely both.
    Last edited by Wirelessness; 06/13/2009 at 11:55 PM. Reason: typo
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Here's the thing that I just don't get; isn't having competition a GOOD thing for the Fanboys? Doesn't competition mean that Apple will work a little harder to give them a better product? And cheaper too? Would there even be a $99 iPhone option if it wasn't for the Palm Pre? Do they think Apple just lowered prices out of the kindness of their hearts?

It's just dumb, and one of a few reasons I never broke down and bought an iPhone. That Koolaid is killer.
    Yes... But they're even more brutal to Apple. A lot of them are DEMANDING that Apple give them the 3GS phone for the same price as new members/people close to their end of the contract.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123