Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    We have to remember that we are dealing with a cult guys. These people are worst than mind-numb robots.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    We have to remember that we are dealing with a cult guys. These people are worst than mind-numb robots.
    The cult that is Apple. And Steve Jobs is the serpent?
    shills on both sides...for sure...

I actually own both phone, like both phones.

Some of these....i returned my pre....im ready to start asking for scanned recpits or pictures...

This is one kick *** little phone..my iphone now feels like a slab of concrete in my hand..
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipro View Post
    shills on both sides...for sure...

I actually own both phone, like both phones.

Some of these....i returned my pre....im ready to start asking for scanned recpits or pictures...

This is one kick *** little phone..my iphone now feels like a slab of concrete in my hand..
    Shhh...Don't point out the iphones limitations.... "They" could be watching
    In truth I've played with the iPhone myself (long before I knew about the Pre) and really liked what it can do. It was the size that turned me against it. Ever since I owned a RAZR I just can't go back to a large phone.

Being able to have a phone that literally disappears in my front pants pocket is amazing.
    Who cares?
    If you're happy with your Pre, that's all that counts.
    Out of the 50,000 Pres that Sprint has sold, how many owners post here?
    We're a tiny part of a large universe.
    Who has time to worry about Apple or Blackberry?
    How about this new user iPhoneOverPre

His only purpose since joining the forum on 6/11 is to thank 53 Pre bashing posts made by treobk214.

Paid, I don't think so. Just jealous iZealots trying to cause trouble. That's just one blatant example of obvious shill activity. I'm sure there are plenty more.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    truth in advertising...

like i said...lets start asking for proof of ownership when people are *****ing about pre's

Again i own both...and right now...im picking my pre...

id take a picture of my pre...but my iphone does not have a flash
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    The victim mentality here is pathetic. Is the pre really that weak that you have to defend it from these imaginary 'fanboys'? I don't think so.

If you think people talk smack about the Pre and its issues then you havnt heard the criticizm iPhone faced in the market. Get thicker skin.
    "Victim" has nothing to do with it. It's all about TROLL.

There are a number of threads on here where it's obvious that folks are posting actual issues with their phones. That's good stuff, just as good as any positive experiences.

But there are TONS of posts on here that are just TROLLS. Plain and simple. No interest in the phone, just here to bash it. THOSE are the victims; I ask again - exactly how LAME do you have to be to spend time creating logins and posting onto a forum for a phone you don't even own or have interest in buying?? You've got to be riding the MOTHER of inferiority complexes.

I'm not here to defend Palm. Hell, my last Palm phone was a Treo 600 years ago, and since I got rid of that I haven't paid the slightest bit of attention to any of their products. But now that I have one and it's a pretty complex device, I'm in here trying to get what info I can on it, and clearly 30% (a familiar number pulled out of my arse) of the problem posts on here are from TROLLS. And it's amazing that they're all stupid enough to think that they don't stand out.

LAME! LAME! LAME!
    I would say there is at least 20 of them here maybe 50. All the ones that are starting the threads entitled "I returned me pre because.." and thats like their 2nd post. Be supspicious of anyone registered in May or June 2009. Its obvious the fan boys are crapping themselves.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Look I own both a iPhone 3G and the Pre and really like them both. Don't you think most people here because they're passionate about Palm?

To answer the questions the post asked none is the answer, however I would not be surprised to find out some people from Apple are reading and maybe asking questions. That sounds more likely that posted negative comments about the Pre.

In these communities there are always trolls from the other camps. The best coarse of action is to ignore them they will get bored when nobody fights back and leave.
    Corey

Current Devices: Palm Pre 2, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Focus and Apple's iPhone 4
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    My last 3 phones have been the razr, razr2, now my Pre. The razr2 while lacking in alot of things, was great for talking. My Pre seems to get weak signals at times but hasn't dropped a call on me yet. Being my first smart phone, I can't really compare it to anything other than tinkering around on my friends iphone but I wouldn't give my Pre up for anything. Great great phone. I wish someone would pay me so I could recoup the 500 bux I spent on this phone. I was only one year in on my Razr2 but I really wanted this phone so I laid it out there.
    Ok. I'm getting more and more embarrassed hearing about everyone's wait in line. My cousin's son was graduating and I was reluctant to leave town, because of the release of the Pre.

I went to the graduation and the next day, my cousin waited, picked up the number from waiting in line and told me to make it to the store, before they closed. I must have used a Vulcan mind meld, because I never even hinted that my weekend would be ruined if I didn't return to my hometown w/o the Pre. I live in a small town and I knew I wouldn't have the problems other bigger cities would have. Sure enough, the phones lasted in my home town until 1 or 2 pm.
    Hi all...

I have been here for quite a while, and was anxiously awaiting the Pre. As my new sig says, the Pre is not for me (as it is now). However, I do not think it is junk. It's actually a very cool phone, and I may wind up getting one eventually. Your Mileage May Vary, and it may be the bees knees for you. I am excited about what it will become, and following the techno guys who are getting into it's innards and learning more about what is inside it.

For the record, I am not a Microsoft fan, and do not own a Mac (but do have a 160GB Classic Ipod). I am not an apple fanboy either, both companies have their good points, and their bad points. I, too, like the underdog, and I am hoping for Palm and the Pre to succeed. Just because I have a new appreciation for my Centro, doesn't mean I can't appreciate the Pre and WebOS. I hope this does not make me a Palm fanboy, since I can admit PAAALLLMMM has had it's share of goofs.

I agree that there seems to be a lot of people who rotely spew unthinking criticisms just to dis Palm. Paid or not, they can be effective if sheeple just take what they say without thinking. I much perfer to consider the plusses and minuses of any OS.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Doesn't matter if they are here or not. Word of mouth on tech sites might hurt in the beginning, but not once the phone is in wide distribution. The majority of folx learn about new devices interacting with other people who already own the device. If the person who uses it say's it's good and they play with it, they will want it. Or not. I actually prefer a larger phone. People said the Treo 755 was too big, and while I'd like a bigger screen, the size is just right, and I could go larger because I tend to cradle phones and you HAVE to hold them when they are this small. Or do a headset.

The iPhone was great, but I want a keyboard, so that will never be an option for me, whether or not it's a great device or on a great network. For the Pre software abilities, I'm willing to try it out, even though it is smaller.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    If you don't like someones posts, use the ignore function in the user control panel of this forum and move on with your reading.

The proper response to a troll isn't to become even more of a troll yourself and try to inspire some kind of silly witchhunt.
    I wonder how many of the May 2009 and June 2009 members here are being paid by Palm? That happened when the Foleo was announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I wonder how many of the May 2009 and June 2009 members here are being paid by Palm? That happened when the Foleo was announced.
    Palm barely had enough money to pay the electric bill back then. Now they can afford to turn the air conditioner back on for the summer....come on.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    I am sure that there are people here who get a kick out of their negativity, but I highly recommend the ignore list. I have about 4 on it and it makes the forum experience much more pleasant.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I am sure that there are people here who get a kick out of their negativity, but I highly recommend the ignore list. I have about 4 on it and it makes the forum experience much more pleasant.
    Ignore list? How do you do that?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast