View Poll Results: Is your productivity slower now with the Pre?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 20.35%
  • No

90 79.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My productivity with my iPhone was OK.
    When that broke and I borrowed my friend's Treo 650, productivity went in the crapper.

With the Pre, it's better than I ever thought possible with a cell phone.. really is amazing.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    for those who have answered yes, you're doing it all wrong. try again.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    I'd say slow - coming from Treo 600. Searching through 500 contacts and heavily populated calendars used to be a breeze on the 600. Besides, the calculator cannot even do unit of measure conversions.
    Honestly, first week and I love it. You got the 755 when Palm OS had been out for years and years. You should have seen it then. I know what PRe will be.
    Yes. I'm coming from a BlackBerry Bold. I had gotten very comfortable with the BlackBerry ways and the Pre is taking some adjusting. DateBk will be a big help when it's available for the Pre as the week-at-a-glance (grid) view really suits me. I felt like for me, on BIS, the BlackBerry PIM features were weak compared to what I had with my Treo 680 and DateBk 5, but I adjusted. I'm not a fan of the current Pre calendar, but contacts are a joy. They'll get even better when groups are added to the Pre. Web on the Pre is light years ahead of the BlackBerry. SMS on the Pre is a joy, but the keypad is nowhere near the level of the Bold.

I hope it's not just wishful thinking on my part that the Pre will get the kind of aftermarket developer support the original Palm OS enjoyed.
    Verizon
    No slowdown here. I came from a G1 to a Treo Pro, increased my efficiency, and now I'm even more productive thanks to the synergy. I just now need to add more friends to Google Talk, etc.
    yes; cause i spend too much time on you tube and the web, way better than on my 700 wx!!!

or on these forums.
    755p never looking back. If it can only get better...i cant wait.
    Sorry, but I'm not going to participate in the poll, because I think it's pointlessly premature (absolutely no pun intended).

My first car was a four on the floor. I moved to a column shift (cut me some slack, it was the 70's), my "productivity" on shifting when down. For a while. Then it improved. You could actually say it was better, I didn't have to reach so far. Eventually, I got an automatic, and didn't have to shift at all. Even then, I found myself reaching for the column and feeling around for a clutch for a while.

I hope you see my point.
    Yes, but that's because the phone is still getting developing. I could do so much more with a winmo phone. Ridiculous things like FTP into a home server to pull a word file, to be edited on the phone, and e-mailed.

Of course as the apps start coming in - that will change.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, but I'm not going to participate in the poll, because I think it's pointlessly premature (absolutely no pun intended).

My first car was a four on the floor. I moved to a column shift (cut me some slack, it was the 70's), my "productivity" on shifting when down. For a while. Then it improved. You could actually say it was better, I didn't have to reach so far. Eventually, I got an automatic, and didn't have to shift at all. Even then, I found myself reaching for the column and feeling around for a clutch for a while.

I hope you see my point.
    No I dont actually.

This is a PHONE, in which I am comparing to other smartphones as well. Sure, you were comparing automobiles to automobiles, however, Your analogy was based upon a stick shift and an automatic.

With a side by side comparison for say a Pre, and a 755P, both has an LCD touch Screen, both has a keyboard, both units are constant variables.

So there is validity to this Poll
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    No I dont actually.

This is a PHONE, in which I am comparing to other smartphones as well. Sure, you were comparing automobiles to automobiles, however, Your analogy was based upon a stick shift and an automatic.

With a side by side comparison for say a Pre, and a 755P, both has an LCD touch Screen, both has a keyboard, both units are constant variables.

So there is validity to this Poll
    And keyboards are laid out differently (I'm still hitting the symbol key when I try to type a comma, and then have to hit it twice more to "cancel"), software operates differently, basic functionality in the system operates differently. My productivity right now would be much lower. After I've used the device for a couple of months, I might be where I was when I used a system I've been using for over 10 years.

Ask again after we've all had a chance to use it for a while.
    I miss my 1 button access to the favorites on my Treo tremendously. I have lived with a thumb scroll and press to key web pages and over 100 phone numbers (3-4 per contact, 5 pages x 10 contacts). I really miss the productivity in this area. Will take some time.

Most Treo users I have met never knew how to take advantage of the capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    Coming from a curve and I own a couple businesses. The Pre is a better all around phone.
    A lemonade stand and a paper route? Saw your now deleted thread this morning kid and I don't like your style.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12