1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    double post
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmodo
    To summarize: iPhone OS claims advantages in ease of use, its burgeoning App Store, and a respectable core feature set, but falters on multitasking and its lack of ability to install unsanctioned apps.
    The iPhone OS is easier to use than the Pre? Really?

Other than that nitpick, not a bad guide.
    "To summarize: iPhone OS claims advantages in ease of use"

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    a good comparison but I still think you gotta have an asterisk next to the other platforms with respect to turn by turn nav because to my knowledge nobody outside sprint includes it with the plan for no extra cost.
  5.    #6  
    I am more shocked at how they worked out carrier costs. They were so wanting to skew it towards AT&T. I mean the unlimited plan includes GPS, MMS, NFL, TV etc.

Is there any point to Gizmodo anymore?
    They probably should've included the Bold rather than the POS Storm, as far as I'm concerned

Also, someone here said the Pre supports Apple Lossless.
    Some nitpicks:

1. Why is the processor in the iPhone 3G S considered "next-gen"? Isn't the Pre's processor/chipset actually a higher version of the TI OMAP? Doesn't that apply to the GPU as well, or am I missing something?

2. They say that the G2 and BB are "laissez-faire" by allowing apps to be installed from anywhere. The Pre will allow sideloading as well, and as far as I know there won't be any restrictions on sideloaded apps. And so only Apple is restrictive in this sense.

3. They call 200 text messages/month practical, which I think is anything but. It looks to me like they're just trying to squeeze the iPhone in there at a competitive price.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Gizmodo really does have a strong bias towards the iphone.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Gizmodo really does have a strong bias towards the iphone.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    3. They call 200 text messages/month practical, which I think is anything but. It looks to me like they're just trying to squeeze the iPhone in there at a competitive price.
    my thoughts exactly, they should have put the price with unlimited texts not 200. and same with storm
    Wow - a guide of the iFanboys, by the iFanboys, for the iFanboys.
    come on guys we all know ... well those of us who ever go to gizmodo they are all iFanboys on there i mean you scroll down the screen on any given day and more than half the articals will have either a iphone or steve jobs on there i mean what do you expect.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Wow, they fail hardcore.

The Storm has a capacative touch screen.
    The Storm supports multi-touch, just not in the form of pinch zooming.
    The Pre has a 3 megapixel camera.
    The Pre supports tethering via bluetooth
    In today's world, 200 txts per month is NOT practical.