Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I love my Pre and touchstone, but that touchstone is not bleeding-edge technology. My Sonicare toothbrush has been doing inductive charging for years now. It's a wonder it hasn't been used in more products all these years.
    Quote Originally Posted by hermetics View Post
    Anyone agree that the Pre is bit Premature? I think they should offer a free charging dock for the trouble most people went through waiting in line for a phone with so many flaws.
    From the same guy who posted:
    "The Palm Pre is a toy."
    "Palm should be ashamed."
    "If you own stock in Palm I would strongly recommend getting out now."

We get it. Move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    +1 agreed
    • My Pre works fine with EAS over SSL. You're "basic" EAS requirements are obviously different than mine. You did read the information out there (and here) on the net before you bought, right? No, ooops - your bad.
    • My Pre currently pulls in my Facebook information, my Exchange information, and my gmail information. Novell tells me that in a few more weeks, they will have a GroupWise solution as well. I'm thrilled.
    • GPS seems to work great
    • Calendaring works as advertised
    • There are about 20 more apps than Palm/Sprint "promised". Cool.

I could go on, but I hope you get my point. It's met every one of my expectations, so no, they did not release it "prematurely" for me.

Sorry that your mileage varied (I really am, I'd like it to be perfect for everyone), but I am not sorry they put me off waiting on your needs to be fulfilled.
    I wouldn't say premature. It has bugs. It is a little rough. It will be polished with time. But at a certain point you have to just get it in peoples hands to discover what you need to do to perfect it. See: the software updates that vastly improved the Bold and Storm or the constant, incrimental improvements made to iPhone over the first year or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kilword View Post
    +1 agreed

+ ∞
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    I'm gonna say that this is thd first smart phone that I have owned and I love it I goit day one after eargly waiting for 6 months . I have had no issues with it when I ask it to do somehing it does it. And like the other guy I was a proud owner of the commadore 64 with a 300 baud modem and 5.25 FD for storage and I had loads of FUN with it, just like I am with my Pre I have been following these threads since phone was booted first day and I have seen several people bashing the Pre and my question is why don't they just return it,if they even have one, I think these guys are just sturing up chit because their precious Iphones status is facing a real threat
    Quote Originally Posted by driver231610 View Post
    And like the other guy I was a proud owner of the commadore 64 with a 300 baud modem and 5.25 FD for storage and I had loads of FUN with it, just like I am with my Pre I have been following these threads since phone was booted first day and I have seen several people bashing the Pre and my question is why don't they just return it,if they even have one, I think these guys are just sturing up chit because their precious Iphones status is facing a real threat
    Loozer. Atari kicked Commodore's booty!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermetics View Post
    Anyone agree that the Pre is bit Premature? I think they should offer a free charging dock for the trouble most people went through waiting in line for a phone with so many flaws.
    what does a dock have to do with a premature phone? and yes, the phone is premature. i'm quite stunned about it.
    It fully demonstrates that people purchased the product without doing their homework. I need a spreadsheet, heavy duty email, database and related applications. Having kept up with the rumors, readings and guesses, I quickly decided the device was not for me at this time. Goodness.
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    what does a dock have to do with a premature phone? and yes, the phone is premature. i'm quite stunned about it.
    "Stunned"? Please be kind enough to tell us what phone you are using now. I never fault anyone for waiting and not buying a device on debut - I am typically one of those. I typically wait at least a few months after a device has hit the streets to see how it goes. This time I wanted to take a chance - and frankly, I am very glad I did.

I am stunned they got as much right as they did! Remember, this is a completely new product from the ground up.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    It fully demonstrates that people purchased the product without doing their homework. I need a spreadsheet, heavy duty email, database and related applications. Having kept up with the rumors, readings and guesses, I quickly decided the device was not for me at this time. Goodness.
    No, it demonstrates that there were unknowns (ex: EAS problems for some, not all that buyers did not know about at intro) and some people had unreasonable expectations. Based on your needs, I agree that the Pre is not for you.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I am stunned they got as much right as they did! Remember, this is a completely new product from the ground up.
    Given Palm's reputation for bad quality recently, I'm sort of amazed they got any of it right.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Given Palm's reputation for bad quality recently, I'm sort of amazed they got any of it right.
    I am happy that most people on this thread seem to be pleased with their Pre but when you pop your head out of the Pre bubble you see the world around you that moves at a pace the Palm Pre can't keep up with. It is not like the things we ask for in a phone have just been invented, they have been around for years.........and Palm still fell short.

Good OS =

Safari
    Symbian
    Blackberry

Bad OS =
    Palm Pre
    Windows Mobile
    Wish I could do a negative "Thanks".....

BTW - Just so you don't embarrass yourself on the iPhone forums, Safari is not an OS, it is a web browser.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12