Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. shadrap's Avatar
    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
       #1  
    The developers think so. Check out this article.

    Matt Marshall VentureBeat
  2. #2  
    Yes in every aspect the Palm is the best phone and better then the Iphone.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geovanni68 View Post
    Yes in every aspect the Palm is the best phone and better then the Iphone.
    I feel the exact same way.
    In fact, before the Pre came out and in my opinion, the iPhone was the best phone out there... now, the Pre definitely takes the top spot in my book.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
  4. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hermetics View Post
    Ya right, keep dreaming. The Palm Pre is a toy.
    Insightful. Really, keep the comments coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geovanni68
    Yes in every aspect the Palm is the best phone and better then the Iphone.
    The Pre and the new iPhone look to have nearly identical internal hardware in terms of processor and cache memory. Would you care to elaborate on your statement.
  5. #5  
    LOL, no
  6. jagowar's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    #6  
    its by far the better phone and internet device.... iphone still rules the media side.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hermetics View Post
    Ya right, keep dreaming. The Palm Pre is a toy.
    You do realize this is probably the all-time #1 most common snide comment aimed at the iPhone, right?
  8. #8  
    This headline is very misleading, but the article is very insightful. Long story short: the Pre will take far less effort to develop most types of apps for than the equivalent app on the Blackberry, G1, or iPhone, due to the environment. It requires a hardcore C programmer to program for the iPhone, for example.

    My assumption is that none of this will apply to games (which tend to require closer access to the OS than these web technologies would allow), but given all the talk about how important it is for Palm to rapidly grow an app store, this is looking very good for them. It sounds like utilities (think Where, for example) will take a tiny fraction of the time to crank out for the Pre.
  9. #9  
    Both good devices.

    One is a small computer which happens to have a phone and good browser. The other is a video game/media player that happens to have a phone and good browser.

    The question is whether you want a computer or a video game/media player.

    I went with Palm over Blackberry years ago because I wanted a small computer and not a email device. I'm sticking with that choice.

    Update: That article was good, but I think the guy was an undercover Palm fanboy.
    Last edited by realistdreamer; 06/12/2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Update
  10. davez57's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Both good devices.

    One is a small computer which happens to have a phone and good browser. The other is a video game/media player that happens to have a phone and good browser.

    The question is whether you want a computer or a video game/media player.

    I went with Palm over Blackberry years ago because I wanted a small computer and not a email device. I'm sticking with that choice.
    Exactly! Great insight. They both have their place in the smartphone market. How you use it and what you need it for is what determines which is best for you.
  11. zyxwv88's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hermetics View Post
    Ya right, keep dreaming. The Palm Pre is a toy.
    Maybe it is, but the iPhone is a toy, and Pre totally kicks iPhone's ****. I used to suffer from iPhone envy, but the Pre cured me completely of that malady.
    I now have no desire for an Iphone any more (and although I haven't had an iPhone, I do own an iPod Touch, which is extremely similar minus the phone part. I totally think Pre kicks ****)
  12. #12  
    If you go to the Evernote forums, you'll notice that a few Android users are complaining that the Pre version came out before the Android version, even though the Android's been out for so much longer. I'm guessing that this is because app development for WebOS is so much easier (in spite of the fact that the Evernote folks ran into a few snags during development).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  13. tomascco's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hermetics View Post
    Ya right, keep dreaming. The Palm Pre is a toy.
    OK, you just tipped your hand. Take a look at that phone in your pocket, yeah, the one with the fruit logo. Been to the App Store lately? Can you say Jiggly Boobs?

    I belong to an Apple Users Group here, and after the meeting over beers we swap stories. Then the rest of the crew pulls out their Iphones and compare notes. Do they talk about business connectivity? Hell no! They're showing off their games!

    The Iphone is a fantastic Ipod, but I already have an Ipod, which is classified as an entertainment device, that is, a toy.

    I've been working with my Pre and my business accounts for a week now. I have to say it's probably made me 150% more productive than my Treo 755p. My boss who has an Iphone doesn't understand how I do. To him it's a phone that gets email.
  14. tomascco's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #14  
    Everybody has a bias. Everybody has a reason for loving their choice and can't stand to have anyone second guess it. There's a monetary as well as emotional investment in such a device.

    I almost went with a Touch Pro in November, but something told me to wait. Something would make it much easier for me to give up my Treo. Never had that little voice tell me anything before, but I'm glad it did.

    But did it have to be a phone? Come on, Voice, Powerball is tomorrow night. Talk to me, dammit!
  15. #15  
    No, and the Touch Pro 2 will beat out both devices IMO.
  16. shadrap's Avatar
    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
       #16  
    The Touch Pro 2 is a purdy phone, but with winmo you can count it out against these two os's.
  17. imasu49's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    The Touch Pro 2 is a purdy phone, but with winmo you can count it out against these two os's.
    I find this response to be very ironic.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomascco View Post
    But did it have to be a phone? Come on, Voice, Powerball is tomorrow night. Talk to me, dammit!
    LOL! When your voice gives you the number, PM me so I can confirm it with my inner voice.


    Great article! Thanx, OP!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  19. #19  
    I disagree. It may be easy, but does it offer the kind of amazing API capabilities as the iPhone SDK? If it is a compiled HTML/Javascript that is an abstraction from direct hardware interface, it may be very very limited in capabilities.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    No, and the Touch Pro 2 will beat out both devices IMO.
    WinMo is an outdated sluggish POS.
    .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions