Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I called Sprint a few days ago about the poor signal I got in my house compared to my Treo 755p so they sent me a free Airave and assured me I wouldn't incur any monthly charges.

It arrived today; was installed in a few minutes; and fully operational in under an hour. My Pre has had a full strength signal since. Good job, Sprint!

Now if Palm can provide a recurring tasks function, a better way to sync my contacts and calendar so I don't have tons of duplicates, and keep my Pre from getting blazingly hot, I would be perfectly happy. (And fix all the other functionality gripes arising in these forums!)

Robyn
    Just installed mine tonight as well had to actually use the supplied gps adapter because of the location of my router...but good news as well from 1 bar to full bars now ...

Question do you notice at times it goes from 1 bar to full? Its pretty constitant at full but I see the jump every now and again ....
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Haven't noticed that yet but I'll keep an eye out for the fluctuation.
    i called with the same problem, im a new customer and said i would leave cuz the phone doesnt work in my office, he tried to SELL me an airave...i said no i am NOT buying one...u have to give me one to keep me!

then he proceeded to tell me that NEW customers are not offered it as a retention incentive...no value!

I then proceeded to explain to him how contrary to business ethics as the $2500 they are guarenteed to make off of me over the next 2 years is worth more then the $100 they would lose on an airave. NO DICE...and a supe confirmed it!

Can you believe they are willing to lose me as a customer over a $100 item that they GIVE to all the older customers....i am PISSED!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    O and he and the supervisor KEPT reminding me that i could leave if i wanted to....
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I asked about it in store as I have no signal at times in my house and must use Wi-Fi. They also told me I would have to purchase it. I don't know if I got to the cancel point with that as my issue if that would change but I just accept that is their policy.

I think for me the Sprint service is just not as good as VZW was signal wise
    for my haunts. I like the phone mostly but the combo of phone and service issues may cause me to not stay the course on this one past 25 days or so.
    in my office, VZW and AT&T get full bars all the time.....
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    then he proceeded to tell me that NEW customers are not offered it as a retention incentive...no value!
    One of the reps I spoke to mistakenly read me the notes she had on the Airave qualifications and referred to the "value" of the customer. I may have gotten the Airave because I am a premier customer.
    yes he specifically sayd "do you want to know the truth?" i said sure and he said "there is no value in giving me one!"

thats when i said, im a business major buddy, the value is keeping the 2500 bux that i am worth over the next two years versus teh ZERO i will be worth when i cancel....
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I've been with sprint for a decade... Looks like I got something to do 2nite
    It's called a contract with liquidated damages. They believe the hooks they already have in you are sufficient.
    i believe youre trying to say they are calling my bluff....
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    Dunno why you were bothering with sales as that will get you no where you have to dig alittle deeper into the sprint customer acct. Services and explain your concerns ... That's what I did and in 10mins I had an airrave being sent to me in 3 days time .. No fees or surcharges .. Been with sprint 6 yrs .. Exactly how I got how I got my centro for free after complaining about my 3 defective htc touchs I kept getting ....
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobynG View Post
    I would second this. I've called them a year ago when regular customer service gave me a hassle and refused to help. You have to leave a message and have someone call you back, but once they do they will offer their direct line and direct email address. The rep there followed through with me and made sure I was satisfied.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEricM View Post
    I would second this. I've called them a year ago when regular customer service gave me a hassle and refused to help. You have to leave a message and have someone call you back, but once they do they will offer their direct line and direct email address. The rep there followed through with me and made sure I was satisfied.

I am considering removing the insurance from the Pre because the special customer service replaced my Treo 755p twice with no questions asked.
    Palm Pilot -->Handspring Visor -->Handspring Visor Edge-->Treo 300-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->Treo 755p
    I switched from at&t for the pre. They said they xouldn't bill it ti my account, but I just paid up front abd they put a credit on my account.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobynG View Post
    I called Sprint a few days ago about the poor signal I got in my house compared to my Treo 755p so they sent me a free Airave and assured me I wouldn't incur any monthly charges.

It arrived today; was installed in a few minutes; and fully operational in under an hour. My Pre has had a full strength signal since. Good job, Sprint!

Robyn
    I did the exact same thing you did and mine just arrived two hours ago. It's all setup and I get 5 full bars.

I called the Sprint retention line directly and in ten minutes my free Airave was in the mail. I'm a 5 year Sprint customer.

Sprint Retentions No Wait Time:
    866-881-9571
    I've had an Airave for the last six months and love it.

I haven't had any dropped calls or poor voice quality with my Pre even though it will fluctuate between one and five bars.
    Just wondering, how does the airwave effect data transfer speeds, same, faster?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast