Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am using the Airave and have been for about three weeks. My signal still jumps in and out (usually I'm at 5 bars, but do see it fluctuate between 1 & 5) but I think that may be when I'm changing from a call, to an SMS, to EV-DO.

BUT, for some reason at home my Pre thinks I'm in Charlotte!? Charlotte is 4 hours from here ... 6 is you get stuck in traffic. No clue what is causing that. You?
    Same here, google maps shows me just east of I77 north of charlotte. But actually i'm about 70 miles west
    Question about airwave... Befor I had a Pre i had a Htc Diamond. I would have all my bars + ev but sometimes my incoming calls and text would not come thru. I thought it was the phone but it has occured with my treo pro and my Pre and they have all had a strong signal. This only occurs in my apt, no where else. I have come to a weird conclusion that something could be interfering with my signal, maybe? Would the airwave help this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    i called with the same problem, im a new customer and said i would leave cuz the phone doesnt work in my office, he tried to SELL me an airave...i said no i am NOT buying one...u have to give me one to keep me!

then he proceeded to tell me that NEW customers are not offered it as a retention incentive...no value!

I then proceeded to explain to him how contrary to business ethics as the $2500 they are guarenteed to make off of me over the next 2 years is worth more then the $100 they would lose on an airave. NO DICE...and a supe confirmed it!

Can you believe they are willing to lose me as a customer over a $100 item that they GIVE to all the older customers....i am PISSED!

Yes this makes perfect sense. Obviously they were calling your bluff. You have to learn a few people skills to get through.. try this...

after your in the correct department... explain to them the problems you are facing WITHOUT demanding what you think you deserved... dont tell them you will leave and try to bluff them.

Hi sprint rep (say their name). YOu know I have this annoying issue... i was wondering if you can help me out.... (pause and dont say ANYTHING... let them say.. sure I can what do you need)

I got this new Pre, which I love, but it is clearly not working as well as my previous phone... i used to sit and make calls with my last phone right in this room. Now the pre cuts out and is showing less bars.... have you heard of this before with pres? (dont say ANYTHING... let them answer.)

Then say what do you think the best thing to do would be, because there is obviously an issue with this phone, (if you owned previous phones, mention the signal strength.).

The trick with talking to people on the phone is to make a friend. You have to be nice to them. You cant just expect them to bow down to you.

I always get what i need with sprint. I got a free airaveand free monthly service for 2 years. No problem (I have the same issue with the PRE). I asked them open ended questions and asked them what THEY think might be a good idea. No demanding needed.

Another good thing to do is ask for something.
    Sprint rep... do you think that its fair that I have to pay more now that my signal strength low?... then just BE QUITE>.. dont say anything...

even if the guy says "yes I think its fair" just stay quite... you will win almost all the time...

in sales this works quite a bit

can I get a free airave?
    No we cant do that........................ silence
    well I have heard of it working before...................... silence
    Ide have to check on that.................... silence
    Ok I can get it done I can get you a araive.................... thanks this is good news...
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    I am using the Airave and have been for about three weeks. My signal still jumps in and out (usually I'm at 5 bars, but do see it fluctuate between 1 & 5) but I think that may be when I'm changing from a call, to an SMS, to EV-DO.

BUT, for some reason at home my Pre thinks I'm in Charlotte!? Charlotte is 4 hours from here ... 6 is you get stuck in traffic. No clue what is causing that. You?
    That same thing happens to me when I have the GPS off. Check if that's your problem, I was puzzled the first time , then I experimented with the GPS on and off, and yup, that was it! Check the screenshots to see were my Pre said I was, while I was in Raleigh!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    That same thing happens to me when I have the GPS off. Check if that's your problem, I was puzzled the first time , then I experimented with the GPS on and off, and yup, that was it! Check the screenshots to see were my Pre said I was, while I was in Raleigh!
    I have GPS on, but it still doesn't give me the correct location while in range of the Airave.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I have GPS on, but it still doesn't give me the correct location while in range of the Airave.
    Some people have said this before, I have not experience that particular problem (and yes I have the Airave, been using it since around 3 or 3 1/2 weeks ago). Now, the Airave has an internal GPS and an External GPS antenna, I do not have the External GPS antenna connected, do you have it? If so, try your Pre GPS without the Airave's External GPS antenna. I'm not an expert so I'm just guessing here.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    When in range of my Airave my Pre thinks it's about 30 miles from where it really is. It makes sense; the Pre gets it's general location from cell towers. The Pre's cell tower database does not include the Airave and it gets confused. I've found that if I leave it on Google Maps long enough with GPS on it will eventually figure out where I am. It sometimes takes as long as 5 minutes though for it to get over the Airave caused confusion and figure out my location strictly from GPS.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Now, the Airave has an internal GPS and an External GPS antenna, I do not have the External GPS antenna connected, do you have it? If so, try your Pre GPS without the Airave's External GPS antenna. I'm not an expert so I'm just guessing here.
    Nope, I never connected the external GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    When in range of my Airave my Pre thinks it's about 30 miles from where it really is. It makes sense; the Pre gets it's general location from cell towers. The Pre's cell tower database does not include the Airave and it gets confused. I've found that if I leave it on Google Maps long enough with GPS on it will eventually figure out where I am. It sometimes takes as long as 5 minutes though for it to get over the Airave caused confusion and figure out my location strictly from GPS.
    Never left Google Maps on that long, sure enough it found my location vs showing me 30 min North. Doesn't help when using Where or the like, but not the biggest of issues.
    Originally Posted by clipcarl
    That never happens to me, now that I been experimenting, if I have my GPS on, and I'm in the house (even right next to the Airave), GMaps or Sprint Navigation lock on my position right away. Weird...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye View Post
    I did the exact same thing you did and mine just arrived two hours ago. It's all setup and I get 5 full bars.

I called the Sprint retention line directly and in ten minutes my free Airave was in the mail. I'm a 5 year Sprint customer.

Sprint Retentions No Wait Time:
    866-881-9571
    I will be calling first thing tomorrow. I dialed *2 today and the lady was such a B-word saying they don't cover reception inside buildings and proceeded to say "Well what do you want me to do, ma'am?" I didn't want to come out and ask for the Airave that I had been reading about so I asked "well is there some device or something you can do to improve my reception" and she started saying something about resetting the phone
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    i just got a free airave today but they wouldn't drop the monthly fee, but i didn't have to pay the 100 for it, might call back and see if they can drop that monthly fee though
    I think they gave away all the airaves they were going to, i've been with them for 8 years and they were ready to let me go on the phone just now when I told them my service sucked, they offered to send a rep to my place even though my old phone worked fine
    LOVE my Airave.
    Just received my Airave 2 days ago and it is up and running. They even sent me one with the free service as a new subscriber. Their first answer was that I had to wait 30 days before they would consider it. i told them that after 30 days i would be bound to a 2 year contract with a horrible signal at my home. i wasn't going to do that. They understood and were able to take a payment for the unit with a credit card, then credit my Sprint bill that amount, along with a charge and credit each month for the service. THAT is nice customer service. I am glad I made the switch.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I called back and got my monthly service waved and a free airave
    thanks sprint
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    So, I called and complained about my poor service at my house. Most of the time I'm roaming, sometimes one bar. I kept my mouth shut and patiently let the tech support people do their thing - the frontline tech support person had me toggle voice roaming to Sprint only and then back again. (?!) That didn't help, so she sent me to the "advanced" tech support group, who basically just reprogrammed by phone. Still nothing. I got a survey call and requested that they call me back, and the local Sprint store guy called and told me that yeah, service out in that area can be iffy, and they really can't do much until Sprint decides to add more towers. Does this sound like justification enough to get an Airwave? I did everything short of just coming out and asking for one, asking questions like "Isn't there ANYTHING that can be done about a poor signal at my house?". But nobody ever offered up any inkling of an Airwave. I guess I'll have to call them back yet again.
    i called with the same problem, im a new customer and said i would leave cuz the phone doesnt work in my office, he tried to SELL me an airave...i said no i am NOT buying one...u have to give me one to keep me!

then he proceeded to tell me that NEW customers are not offered it as a retention incentive...no value!

I then proceeded to explain to him how contrary to business ethics as the $2500 they are guarenteed to make off of me over the next 2 years is worth more then the $100 they would lose on an airave. NO DICE...and a supe confirmed it!

Can you believe they are willing to lose me as a customer over a $100 item that they GIVE to all the older customers....i am PISSED!
    O and he and the supervisor KEPT reminding me that i could leave if i wanted to....
    Same thing happened to me
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234