webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Anyone here with Magicjack?
Anyone here with Magicjack?

Old 06/12/2009, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

I love my magicjack and the main reason I kept it(other then the price) was it emailed me my voicemails. Worked with no problems on the curve, but the Pre won't play the wav file. it coming up with an error trying to stream. Being that its an attachment, shouldn't it be a local file and not a stream?
kurpaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2009, 12:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't have Magicjack but I get emailed voicemail messages as I get them and the Pre doesn't want to play them! The Pre doesn't support wav files? Unfrigginbelieveable.
shadowgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2009, 10:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yah I have the same problem with my magicjack voicemails...it downloads and acts like it is playing but you get nothing.

Hope this get fixed sometime soon as wav files are nice to use for many things.
DJeremyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2009, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
I don't have Magicjack but I get emailed voicemail messages as I get them and the Pre doesn't want to play them! The Pre doesn't support wav files? Unfrigginbelieveable.
The Pre does support wav files. I get my voicemails from Vonage and they play fine. Even voicemails from my company's Cisco phone system sent via wav's work fine.
santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2009, 11:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Google Voice could be the solution to this?
stevendxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2009, 11:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

The solution should be for Palm to fix it.

Apparently it works with some and not others. I use my Cable ISP's POP email to get my voice messages from my Cable company's VOIP telephone service. They are regular wav files attached to an email. They play fine on my PC.
Thanked By: michaelrj
Old 07/29/2009, 11:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

It doesn't play if it's sent to my gmail either. It's something about the wav file itself I guess. I thought a wav file was a wav file? Could it be a certain type of wav that the Pre cannot play?
Old 07/30/2009, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
It doesn't play if it's sent to my gmail either. It's something about the wav file itself I guess. I thought a wav file was a wav file? Could it be a certain type of wav that the Pre cannot play?
Seems like it. Maybe contact your cable company?

It's obviously not an issue with the Pre if it doesn't work when sent to Gmail. Like I said, voicemails in wav format play perfectly fine on my Pre.
santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2009, 05:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

it's MAGICJACK!!
Old 07/30/2009, 05:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

MagicJack blows. Requires a computer. Oooma is the answer. ooma: Free home phone service. Call anywhere in the US with no monthly fees.
theadlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2009, 05:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

I thought magicjack was the VOIP service for people over 65.
Old 07/30/2009, 05:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
I thought magicjack was the VOIP service for people over 65.
Exactly. My father-in-law won't shut up about it.
Old 10/19/2009, 02:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Magic Jack won't admit they have an issue with SmartPhones reading .wav files. So, let Outlook fix the transmission issue for them. 1) Forward your Magic Jack .wav file to your normal Outlook program which with Magic Jack, it is always up and running anyway. Make this email address different from one on your SmartPhone. 2) Create an email rule in Outlook that say that any email message that has "New VM" in the Subject gets forwarded to an email address on your SmartPhone. Your SmartPhone will now recognize the .wav file from your computer.
dubby is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0