Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Anyone notice that the browser is missing scroll bars from frames?

I tried looking up train times on www.njtransit.com and the times were cut off bc of the frame.

I'll post a pic when I get home... I can't seem to find a working file uploader from the pre.

Thanks.

Edit: This is what I mean:

See, the text is cut off in a frame in the web page. I can't scroll!
    Last edited by santos; 06/13/2009 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Add pic
    I noticed this too. Kinda annoying not knowing how far you are down/up the page.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I don't really mind about the entire page scrollbar. My complaint is about a frame. There's no way to see the data.
    there is no need for scrollbar.. just tap - press and hold your finger to the screen of the webpage and it will move in any direction you want.

or you may pretend that your finger is already the "mouse pointer.." lol
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiamoy View Post
    there is no need for scrollbar.. just tap - press and hold your finger to the screen of the webpage and it will move in any direction you want.
    I think he is joking......

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    I noticed this too. Kinda annoying not knowing how far you are down/up the page.
    Me, too.
    This pre is the worst mouse i've ever had.
    the page really does move to any direction as long as your pressing, holding and moving your finger on a website.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    You can also use the gesture area to scroll through pages when you're browsing in landscape.
    Guys, he is talking about FRAMES on pages, like iFrames and regular frames. The content of the frames does not scroll like whole pages/the rest of the pages do. I have experienced this with iFrames - you cannot scroll to see the rest of the content beyond what you see when the page first loads. I haven't tried any sites with regular frames yet.
    tap the screen twice and the whole page resizes to fit the screen
    Sorry, that is not what is being talked about. We're talking about frames/iFrames - pages within other pages - that don't scroll in the current Pre browser. Only the outer page/parent frame scrolls. It isn't about resizing anything.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Sorry, that is not what is being talked about. We're talking about frames/iFrames - pages within other pages - that don't scroll in the current Pre browser. Only the outer page/parent frame scrolls. It isn't about resizing anything.
    and what phone does that?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Anyone notice that the browser is missing scroll bars from frames?

I tried looking up train times on New Jersey Transit - Home and the times were cut off bc of the frame.

I'll post a pic when I get home... I can't seem to find a working file uploader from the pre.

Thanks.

Edit: This is what I mean:

See, the text is cut off in a frame in the web page. I can't scroll!
    it's about time you get your own car..lol
    It isn't about what phone does what, it is about adding basic functionality to the Web browser.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    It isn't about what phone does what, it is about adding basic functionality to the Web browser.
    hey..i just tried it..works fine on mine..you guys got the lemon juice..ha ha
    If you rotate the phone horizontally you can use the gesture area to scroll up and down
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I like the scroll bar so I can know where I am on a page. Like when reading a news article, the bar lets you know where you are in the article. And even in forums it gives you an idea where you are, middle, or towards the bottom of the page or

Joe
    A mobile browser that does this well is Skyfire. I wish there was a Web OS version of Opera or Skyfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    and what phone does that?
    Windows mobile with native browser, and Opera. iPhone with Safari.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast