Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For the love of crap someone PLEASE help.

I guess i committed the cardinal sin of not charging my Pre last night. I woke up to find it angry at me...just a giant outline of a battery in RED and a lightning bolt thru it. I took my USB charger to work to charge there.

WHen i hooked the USB from computer to phone the PRE gave me another giant outline of a bettery in white with a giant question mark. WHen off the charger the screen is blank and it does not function (no battery left)

i figure all of the computers at work might not have USB ports with power (i know im grasping) but when i came home and put it in the wall charger same thing!

i cant turn it on..when its plugged in it just gives me the question mark but ONLY when its plugged in so i know it recognizes it...

ANyone...please help...

signed,
    Desperate.
    It WON'T turn on immediately, leave it charging for a while, it SHOULD turn itself back on after it reaches a certain charge level (mine turned itself back on just fine while charging on the Touchstone after the same experience, it took my phone about 15 minutes).

But if it's been a while, like half an hour charging already, then just reset it by taking the battery out and putting it back in. It'll come back on just fine. Several people have had this trouble, that the phone doesn't always turn itself back on when it reaches its minimum charge level properly, but mine had no trouble.
    I left my plugged in for about an hour with no change. I pulled the battery out and put it back in. Problem solved. The battery was a pain to get out at first. I used a tiny screw driver to help it out....becareful!
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    it wont work at a certain battery percentage.. i think when battery gets to 10% it shuts off.. just leave it on your wall charger for a little bit.. let it charge some.. and then restart the phone.. should be fine.. keep us posted..
    elder, there should be a tab sticking out above your battery.. you can pull on that.. and it pulls the battery out with ease..
    theres a little pull strap to remove the battery. Sheesh! no wonder the Reps were warning people to never remove the battery! LOL
  7.    #7  
    thats a rog..ill report back in an hour or so
    I had this same display with a new Centro battery i put in the Pre.
    I just left it plugged in and it eventually charged.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I had this exact issue when the battery died. I tried to let it charge for nearly 2 hours, and nothing changed, just a big red battery. I eventually pulled the battery out.

TIP: pull DOWN on the tab to remove the battery. if you pull straight out, it's unbelievably hard to remove (at least mine was.. the phone nearly bent while I was pulling on it)
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    did you check and make sure that the usb port that you pluged it into has suficent power cause i know that some usb ports can not be used to chard devices for some reason or another
  11.    #11  
    and we are a go.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noahdarrow View Post
    and we are a go.
    thanks
    Just so we, and future readers, know.. which suggestion resolved your issue?
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    There is a FIX for this...
    I had the same problem, What happens is the Pre looses contact with the battery. This also happens when the Pre resets (turns off) by itself.

What you need to do is, Cut a small peace of business card/or plastic and put it on the end of the battery. It makes the battery tighter to the connector and allows contact with the pins

This work for me! So the problem with the question mark is the Pre is NOT detection battery due to loose battery issues.

Hope if works for you...
    My battery tends to drop from 20% to nothing almost right away. Is this normal?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    If by right away you mean like a minute or two, I'd say that's abnormal.

But it does tend to die fairly quickly at that point relative, say, going from 90% to 70%. If I get down to 20%, the phone usually shuts down after 30-45 minutes.
    My phone went out on me with a full battery, while plugged into my USB port. I removed the battery and nothing happened. When I tried plugging the phone into the USB port again, I got the white outline of a battery with a question mark. I brought it to the Sprint store, where they removed the battery cover and found that I had put the battery in backwards. So, if you're getting the question mark and you've recently removed the battery, make sure the word "palm" is facing you when you remove the cover.
    Cycle your battery once. Usually this happens because the battery has been worn, and that is just the way WebOS calculates the battery capacity. Your best bet will be to get a new battery.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I fretted over the weird icon for more than 18 hours. I read entries on this Forum and consulted with our IT people. Finally, while sitting in my boxers and having my first cup of coffee this a.m., I took the battery out, and flipped it before putting it back in. Presto! No more question mark It wa charged in less than hour. Answer to the question mark mystery: Your battery is inserted upside down.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahdarrow View Post
    For the love of crap someone PLEASE help.

I guess i committed the cardinal sin of not charging my Pre last night. I woke up to find it angry at me...just a giant outline of a battery in RED and a lightning bolt thru it. I took my USB charger to work to charge there.

WHen i hooked the USB from computer to phone the PRE gave me another giant outline of a bettery in white with a giant question mark. WHen off the charger the screen is blank and it does not function (no battery left)

i figure all of the computers at work might not have USB ports with power (i know im grasping) but when i came home and put it in the wall charger same thing!

i cant turn it on..when its plugged in it just gives me the question mark but ONLY when its plugged in so i know it recognizes it...

ANyone...please help...

signed,
    Desperate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogsrule2010 View Post
    I fretted over the weird icon for more than 18 hours. I read entries on this Forum and consulted with our IT people. Finally, while sitting in my boxers and having my first cup of coffee this a.m., I took the battery out, and flipped it before putting it back in. Presto! No more question mark It wa charged in less than hour. Answer to the question mark mystery: Your battery is inserted upside down.
    It is possible to get the battery question mark with the battery inserted properly. As others in the thread have noted, usually you may just need to remove and reinsert the battery to get the Pre to recognize it. My daughter had her Pixi out in the (really) cold today, and I think the cold weather killed the battery. She went to charge it and got the battery ?. After charging for a while, I removed the charge cable, removed the battery, reinserted, and it booted up just fine.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    This probably means that the battery health is misleading the OS into thinking that it is able to store more than it can. You can use Dr. Battery to recalibrate to the true capacity. The way to fix the capacity is likely a new battery. Recalibrating will at least give accurate measurements so that you don't get to 20% and then suddenly fail.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast