View Poll Results: Wobbly screen?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 52.94%
  • No

56 47.06%
  1.    #1  
    I know there is a lot of threads on this already, but I don't think there is any polls on the topic. What I am referring to is the small tilt in some pres (due to a gap in between top and bottom), and the resulting small "click" when pressing on the corner.

So, wobbly or not?

Also, do you have a gap on the left side or right side? It seems like the majority is the left.
    Gap? I don't know what you mean. As for wobbling, I have not experienced any.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    My first one wobbled a bit - not really the thing I took my 1st one for..and not a big issue for me personally. Mine was on the top left when the phone was closed.

my 2nd phone is much better - with no wobble at all.
    I voted yes, but mine only has the tinest bit of play when closed, so I wouldn't call it a wobble. I looked at the touch pro in the sprit store, and that thing wobbled like the two halves were barely connected at all, so my Pre is nothing like that.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I voted yes and when the top screen is pushed to right have a 2-3 mm gap or side play. This is my 3rd Pre, my first Pre had 5 dead pixels that the Sprint employee quickly recognized, the second had the screen spots that were also quickly noticed. Now my third has this awful wobble. I am really nervous to attempt another exchange at my Sprint store because I have already been deemed "anal" by the employees there. I was new subscribing Sprint customer at the time of launch but have just been everything short of happy with the Pre hardware. I am really at a loss as to what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I voted yes, but mine only has the tinest bit of play when closed, so I wouldn't call it a wobble.
    Then why did you vote yes? The answer is no.

Mine has a tiny bit of give to it, too...but of course it would. It's a slider!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Then why did you vote yes? The answer is no.

Mine has a tiny bit of give to it, too...but of course it would. It's a slider!
    There was no option for "only a little"
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I've never owned a slider phone before. What is acceptable/normal wobbly vs a defective phone? I assume every slider will become looser/a bit wobbly over time just because of the inherent design. Currently, I don't plan on replacing the phone and risk getting something worse, but I have a little bit of wobble (1mm or so).
    Very subjective and completely useless poll because what is considered "wobble" to me might not be to you and vice-versa. I have a Touch Pro and I can tell you that the .5mm that my Pre top moves vs the bottom is nothing, really, nothing.....
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    my **** wobbles when i shake it
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    okay, since some people don't understand to what degree I consider the pre to have a wobbly or loose screen, I decided to make a video

please comment on how it compares to your pre

neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    okay, since some people don't understand to what degree I consider the pre to have a wobbly or loose screen, I decided to make a video

Thanks so much for the video - that makes things a lot clear. Mine has gap, but does not wobble as much. The gap seems to be about 2mm, and I've started to hear a click when I press the gesture button. I will take it to sprint store tomorrow and have it checked out..day 6 of 30

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    There was no option for "only a little"
    I didn't answer because there were only two options which I felt would kind of misrepresent the true numbers. For example, my screen has a tiny bit of play and never when performing on-screen gestures. I'd have to grab the screen with my thumb and forefinger from the sides and try to rotate it counter clockwise, or press straight down on the screen with about 2 pounds of pressure in order to see even the slightest bit of play.

Wow thats bad! See before seeing this video I would have voted yes, but after? No way. I'm sorry, but this video makes me feel a WHOLE lot better. BTW, I have a build date of May 17, 2009. I am wondering if all of the screen problems come from Pre's of a similar build date. Perhaps someone can post a thread that consists of build dates and any build problems they've had with their phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    I've never owned a slider phone before. What is acceptable/normal wobbly vs a defective phone? I assume every slider will become looser/a bit wobbly over time just because of the inherent design. Currently, I don't plan on replacing the phone and risk getting something worse, but I have a little bit of wobble (1mm or so).
    +1
    Same deal here exactly

I just assumed it was a normal amount of play but now I am wondering.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Dude, you have a bad one - take it back.

Sliders are going to have some play in them unless they are made of metal.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Gap? I don't know what you mean. As for wobbling, I have not experienced any.
    same here. i have not experienced most of these problems that people are experiencing with their pre.. thank god.. i guess i got a "Good One"

Check out this video to compare:

At the 7 minute 40 second mark he notices some give in two pieces; however, his looks WAY more flush than yours does.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshH37 View Post
    I voted yes and when the top screen is pushed to right have a 2-3 mm gap or side play. This is my 3rd Pre, my first Pre had 5 dead pixels that the Sprint employee quickly recognized, the second had the screen spots that were also quickly noticed. Now my third has this awful wobble. I am really nervous to attempt another exchange at my Sprint store because I have already been deemed "anal" by the employees there. I was new subscribing Sprint customer at the time of launch but have just been everything short of happy with the Pre hardware. I am really at a loss as to what to do.
    If your not satisfied, go back, simple as that. Sounds like you've been having some bad luck, or that store got a bad shipment. Don't give up on the pre yet. I and many others can attest that there are mostly trouble fee units out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster242 View Post
    If your not satisfied, go back, simple as that. Sounds like you've been having some bad luck, or that store got a bad shipment. Don't give up on the pre yet. I and many others can attest that there are mostly trouble fee units out there.
    Not the three I have owned.