Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    A&E Mobile | Animal Planet | Anim8 | ATAKU | Back on Topps | BFF | Bombones | Chaos Extreme | CNBC | Comedy Time | C-SPAN | Discovery | Double Z Country | Entertainment Tonight | ESPN Mobile TV | FOX Business | MSNBC | Oxygen (Oh!) | *****cat Dolls | R&B Jamz | Ritmo Caliente | Shake it | Showtime | History | The Mic Hip Hop | The Weather Channel | The Science Channel | TLC | ToonWorld TV Classics | Top Ten | Totally 80s-90s | V40 Top Hits |
    I just signed up for the Sprint TV Extra so I could watch the US Open at work and it is pretty good quality. Like someone said earlier, there is about a 5 minute delay. Definitely worth it for ESPN IMO.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I would get it just so I could watch Discovery channel and The Science Channel. Sprint used to the Comedy Central in the free/included package but not anymore

Now it looks like comdey central isn't even in the Extra package
    Quote Originally Posted by darrinaltman View Post
    i have a proclipusa device holder so the phone is positioned perfectly. I mainly listen and glance over. I have a 20 mile commute that takes an hour so Im not moving very fast. Not too safe I know.
    at least you are not shaving or putting on makeup. People who don't use the hands free are more dangerous than you are watching the news.

I have not tried the tv yet. I was disappointed with the service on my Blackberry and not sure if I want to really get into it until sling puts out an app.
    nah dont think it's worth paying extra
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Sprint just gets the content from mobitv if you want to see the lineup.

You can even see the URLs streaming from mobitv in the source code. MobiTV had a palm client. I wonder if they will do the same thing for WebOS at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    A&E Mobile | Animal Planet | Anim8 | ATAKU | Back on Topps | BFF | Bombones | Chaos Extreme | CNBC | Comedy Time | C-SPAN | Discovery | Double Z Country | Entertainment Tonight | ESPN Mobile TV | FOX Business | MSNBC | Oxygen (Oh!) | *****cat Dolls | R&B Jamz | Ritmo Caliente | Shake it | Showtime | History | The Mic Hip Hop | The Weather Channel | The Science Channel | TLC | ToonWorld TV Classics | Top Ten | Totally 80s-90s | V40 Top Hits |
    Thank you for all your help. I may look into getting the extra pack since it has ESPN. I need to get my hands on a pre first. I can't find any here in Columbus.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBucks1 View Post
    I looked on Sprint. com and I couldn't get a full list of all the channels that are live? Are all the networks NBC,FOX,CBS,ABC live and on the free tier? I'm just wondering what all channels or live on the $9.99 tier. If someone could help me with that info I would be in your debt. Thanks
    EDIT: Never Mind, I see the post listing channels and ESPN is included!

All I care to know is whether ESPN is live on the Sprint TV Extra for $9.99 a month. Before my Pre I was on AT&T and watched the LA Fakers in the NBA Playoffs on ESPN live via MobiTV on my Treo 680 ..... ahhh heemmm , yes at 150k edge speeds it was watchable, barely, video lagged behind the audio by 2 seconds but who cares it worked. On Sprints 3G I'm betting it will be in sync.
    Someone let me know about this. Its a deal colser if they have ESPN Live on their Sprint TV Extra.

Oh and I guess the Lakers cannot be called Fakers anymore since they won.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hmm, looking through the Digital Lounge on Sprint's website, it shows a package called "Sprint TV Premier" for $7.95/month. I wonder if that is just fewer channels? I don't remember seeing it on the Sprint TV app on the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by bevobadger View Post
    at least you are not shaving or putting on makeup. People who don't use the hands free are more dangerous than you are watching the news.

I have not tried the tv yet. I was disappointed with the service on my Blackberry and not sure if I want to really get into it until sling puts out an app.
    wait a second here. I use my electric razor while driving to work in the morning, and manage to keep both eyes on the road ahead unless at a signal. You think thats more dangerous than glancing over at the Pre's screen to see a news item while driving?
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    wait a second here. I use my electric razor while driving to work in the morning, and manage to keep both eyes on the road ahead unless at a signal. You think thats more dangerous than glancing over at the Pre's screen to see a news item while driving?
    Yeah. it also speaks to your time management skills as well. I see a glance over at the pre just the same as a GPS (which is also available on the pre). It has less to do with eyes on the road as it does hands on the wheel sometimes.
    I looked on Sprint. com and I couldn't get a full list of all the channels that are live? Are all the networks NBC,FOX,CBS,ABC live and on the free tier? I'm just wondering what all channels or live on the $9.99 tier. If someone could help me with that info I would be in your debt. Thanks
    Basic TV and TV Premier (listed here) are both part of the Anything plans:

Sprint TV - Mobile TV from Sprint

Xtra includes (off the top of my head): MSNBC, Animal Planet, Discovery, TLC, ESPN Mobile Live, and a bunch of others.

So, in answer to your question, the networks you listed are part of the plan.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Sprint should be ashamed for advertising this crap tv as part of their everything plan. Its a total joke waste of time and bandwidth..
    I want my slingplayer!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bevobadger View Post
    Yeah. it also speaks to your time management skills as well. I see a glance over at the pre just the same as a GPS (which is also available on the pre). It has less to do with eyes on the road as it does hands on the wheel sometimes.
    Oh come on.

I also shave with an electric razor on my commute. I think it shows good time management. It's a free 10 minutes.

I cannot imagine anyone thinking that it is even as distracting as talking on the phone handsfree.

As for hands on the wheel - most people drive with one hand most of the time anyway. So, if it boils down to reaction time to get that second hand to the wheel, I'd bet I can do it faster than someone who is talking on the phone.
    Thank you for all your help. I may look into getting the extra pack since it has ESPN. I need to get my hands on a pre first. I can't find any here in Columbus.
    What sprint stores have you tried here in columbus? I believe the Hilliard store may have a few.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    So what IS the everything plan? Does it not include the sprint TV? And now there is an upgrade to IT?
    I thought when you went "everything" it was "EVERYTHING"!!!
    This sounds like AT&T.
    Sprint talk; Everything = somethings. I had it when it first came out expecting tethering on blackberry....nope.
    wait.. i've been using it but i never signed up for any package..

** Does it NOT tell you that something is going to cost before you play it, like with the streaming movies?
    I'm trying Sprint TV Xtra now. I used the MSL hack to enhance the performance, so I thought I would give Xtra a try. I asked Sprint to let me try it for a week. So far there are channels that don't work half the time. ESPN Mobile and MSNBC Mobile are the most reliable feeds. A&E is not available half the time and DefJam channel seems to show the same music artists. I'll keep for a week and report back to this forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123