Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    So what IS the everything plan? Does it not include the sprint TV? And now there is an upgrade to IT?
    I thought when you went "everything" it was "EVERYTHING"!!!
    This sounds like AT&T.
    haha, yeah everything isn't everything. With just the plan, you get only a few live channels (disney, abc, speed, i think a couple others). All of the "good" channels are in the extra package.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I was going to but decided against it. Just going to wait for a sling box app.
    Me too, much better value and picture and sound quality than STV.
    Quote Originally Posted by darrinaltman View Post
    i have a proclipusa device holder so the phone is positioned perfectly. I mainly listen and glance over. I have a 20 mile commute that takes an hour so Im not moving very fast. Not too safe I know.
    Dude, people go to prison for that after they get into an accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Yeah I might just wait until Orb is working successfully.
    Orb streams fine if you set the codec. It was posted in another message, sorry I forget which. 3 something. Needs to be set from the Pres web browser.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Sprint has taken all of these channels that used to be included for free with Sprint TV in the Everything plans (Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MSNBC, etc) and now makes you pay for them. The free stuff just isn't cutting it any more.
    i have a proclipusa device holder so the phone is positioned perfectly. I mainly listen and glance over. I have a 20 mile commute that takes an hour so Im not moving very fast. Not too safe I know.
    In many places that is illegal! Even if it isn't illegal where you are, it certainly is not safe for you and the other ppl who are near you when you're driving like that.

My car's built-in GPS/radio/CD changer/XM/etc. screen will play DVDs only if the vehicle is in park. The dealer told me some ***** hacked into his car's system to change it so he could have a DVD showing on it while the car is in motion - and he got into a severe accident (can't recall if anybody died or not from it, as this was several years ago, but somebody might've - and I think the guy's car was totaled).

Please rethink having video/TV on while you are driving.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    In many places that is illegal! Even if it isn't illegal where you are, it certainly is not safe for you and the other ppl who are near you when you're driving like that.

My car's built-in GPS/radio/CD changer/XM/etc. screen will play DVDs only if the vehicle is in park. The dealer told me some ***** hacked into his car's system to change it so he could have a DVD showing on it while the car is in motion - and he got into a severe accident (can't recall if anybody died or not from it, as this was several years ago, but somebody might've - and I think the guy's car was totaled).

Please rethink having video/TV on while you are driving.
    I can't believe you guys are freaking out so much. I can't imagine darrinaltman's situation is ANY more distracting than the millions of idiots who already chat or txt on their phones while driving. My wife drives with her KNEES while she txts!!! Pisses me off to no end.
    Is it really live? Disney Channel doesn't seem to play the same content as on my TV.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Is it really live? Disney Channel doesn't seem to play the same content as on my TV.
    I checked disney and it was about 5 minutes behind my cable TV on the east coast.
    About to take the plunge but it seems that my sound cuts off every once in a while for like a sec.

Pretty annoying. Is this happening to any of you as well?
    About to take the plunge but it seems that my sound cuts off every once in a while for like a sec.

Pretty annoying. Is this happening to any of you as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    I can't believe you guys are freaking out so much. I can't imagine darrinaltman's situation is ANY more distracting than the millions of idiots who already chat or txt on their phones while driving. My wife drives with her KNEES while she txts!!! Pisses me off to no end.
    I don't think anybody was saying those situations are okay, either! Texting should never be done while driving. Talking should only be done if your focus is on the driving/road instead of the conversation (where you have to say, "What did you say?" a lot because you were concentrating on driving), but a lot of ppl concentrate on the call instead. Driving with one's knees shouldn't be done, either! I wouldn't get in a car with a driver who texts while on the road.

Sorry, but I don't think potentially deadly accidents which DO happen every day by drivers distracted by these very things are something to not be worried about. It doesn't affect just the distracted driver - it affects ppl in other cars, pedestrians, etc. too. Anymore than you wouldn't pish-posh somebody who was talking of the dangers of drunk driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    I checked disney and it was about 5 minutes behind my cable TV on the east coast.
    Yeah, on my previous phone (Centro) I checked it once and the Disney Channel on SprintTV was behind the cable TV version by a few minutes. And a football game that was on local TV as well as the NFL channel on SprintTV was behind on SprintTV, too.

I don't know if SprintTV programming adjusts for different time zones or not, since I haven't tried it in another time zone, so if you're in a zone other than EST and your SprintTV is playing a completely different show than your cable Disney channel (not just a few minutes behind), that could be why. Check Internet TV listings to see what show is on in the EST zone and see if it is what is on SprintTV.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Yeah, it's Sprint TV Extra and it's $9.99/month. It has a bunch of the live tv channels in it.
    Wait. Stop. Are you saying that my "Simply Everything" plan doesn't include everything and that the extra things you might have to pay for isn't so "Simple" to figure out? Tell me it ain't so!
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    Wait. Stop. Are you saying that my "Simply Everything" plan doesn't include everything and that the extra things you might have to pay for isn't so "Simple" to figure out? Tell me it ain't so!
    It is true that the everything plan doesn't actually include everything, but it is fairly simple to figure out, as if you try to watch one of the SprintTV Xtra channels, it will pop up a window to explain that if you hit okay, you'll be billed $9.99 every month for the extra channels.

OnDemand movies you buy from SprintTV also has a pop-up window to explain the charges for those (well, except an explanation of why they are so expensive! Same price as an OnDemand movie on my cable TV box, but the phone's video is so much smaller and likely lesser quality [if the rest of SprintTV has anything to show for it]).

Granted, the quality (or lack thereof) of SprintTV may be because it was designed for phones with smaller screens, but that just means Sprint needs to update SprintTV to accomodate the newer phones with larger screens.
    I added it and have been watching live news every morning on my hour long drive to work. I find the video quality while driving exceptional. Once Slingplayer is released I will probably cancel though.
    I could see a small amount or sarcasm in the above. I'm calling it sarcasm because I severely doubt you will be watching the news via slingplayer.

I'm just imagining that maybe it takes so long for you all to get to work because everyone else on the freeway is yapping on their cell phones, watching TV, and texting! ;-) As an MBTA passenger in Boston, its only an occasional occurrence where the operator is distracted by things like texting. We've only had 2 major crashes (and only one death) in the last two years. Only one of those crashes marginally affected my commute. All is well, there is no problem here. These are not the droids you are looking for!

Hopefully you'll be able to sue Sprint if you get in an accident. (I don't think they properly warned you not to watch TV while driving!) ;-)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I know The NFL Channel is on the regular channel tier. But will the live NFL games be shown on this channel or a different channel? My cable company does not have the channel, so I will be watching it on the Pre, if possible.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Orb streams fine if you set the codec. It was posted in another message, sorry I forget which. 3 something. Needs to be set from the Pres web browser.
    I have Orb set to stream3GP-AAC/RTSP (.3gp) format per someone's suggestion in another thread and I can access any TV/Movies/Music from my home computer on my Pre with no extra apps or having to pay sprint for another service. Even if you did pay them, they're not matching my terabyte of media at home
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I looked on Sprint. com and I couldn't get a full list of all the channels that are live? Are all the networks NBC,FOX,CBS,ABC live and on the free tier? I'm just wondering what all channels or live on the $9.99 tier. If someone could help me with that info I would be in your debt. Thanks
    Sprint just gets the content from mobitv if you want to see the lineup.

You can even see the URLs streaming from mobitv in the source code. MobiTV had a palm client. I wonder if they will do the same thing for WebOS at some point.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast