Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Just wondering if I'm the only one thinking this, but is the "Shift" and "Orange button in the wrong places?

I've been pleasantly surprised by how incredibly natural the keyboard is, but even after a week I'm still constantly hitting orange as shift since that's where it would be on a real keyboard. I have no choice but to adjust to it, but is this a treo holdover because it seems a bit awkward.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Just wondering if I'm the only one thinking this, but is the "Shift" and "Orange button in the wrong places?

I've been pleasantly surprised by how incredibly natural the keyboard is, but even after a week I'm still constantly hitting orange as shift since that's where it would be on a real keyboard. I have no choice but to adjust to it, but is this a treo holdover because it seems a bit awkward.
    Yeah, it's a bit confusing at times. Also, because the symbols aren't in orange, it feels like they would function with the shift key like on a pc keyboard. But they work with the orange key. I'm sure I won't even be thinking about it in a month or so.

In the couple of days I've used to phone I haven't figured out how to hold the phone (when typing) either. I can't find the proper way to hold it steady and be able to type fast. Any tips?
    I often press the orange button when I mean to press the shift button and vice versa.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Interlock your fingers as if you are coming out of the children's hand game "Here's the church, here's the steeple" You want it to look like, when you get to "see all the people".

Your forth fingers support the keyboard.
    Your index fingers support the top edge of the phone under the camera.
    Your pinkies support the bottom edge of the keyboard to prevent it from sliding down.

This is the most balanced Keyboard I have ever owned.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Related to this: the orange button is right next to the numbers and when i'm trying to hit a 4 or 7, my thumbs often collide. I would think it'd be easier to put the numbers on the right side of the keyboard. But i guess then the ! and ? might be on the left, which might not be too convenient anyway. When does palm plan to release the telekinesis app to dictate text??