Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    My love and total frustration with the Pre varies day to day like a very big rollercoaster ride. That coupled with some Sprint connection issues have me changing my mind constantly. I think I need therapy ;=)

I like the phone very much in many many ways but I miss the standard calendar and how it looks. I set up Google calendars and Gmail and set it to my POP3 address etc and that went well yet felt weird as I do not use Google calendars or Gmail. But it works fine. I gave it my best shot to work with the cloud. I am trying to move on ;=)

I cannot seem to get the "all calendars view" to show me a simple look at days off (green) and days working (red) Doctors appts (Orange) etc It seems I need to make additional calendars for WORK and OFF and Doctors appts and assign colors etc. Even then the colors on Google are not the colors on the phone after sync. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I'm a creature of habit. I've become very used to the little primary color boxes in month view on the TX's native calendar that tell me at a glance when I am working and not when I have to make appts. This functionality has eluded me in the native calendar regardless of how many extra calendars I make.

I'm a RN with a constantly changing schedule and my Palm TX has served me perfectly. I installed Classic but while it gives me the old calendar in all it's primary color glory, the interface and that silly D pad etc turned me off. Also, for me it remains buggy and I won't pay 30.00 for it as it is. They say it may get sync in a later update but honestly I'd rather use the $$$ for native 3rd party apps and use the Pre as it is meant to be used.

If a calendar app came out that played well with the cloud, I could even bypass the Palm Desktop thing. I am trying to embrace the new OS. But this is really messing me up as a PIM.

Ultimately I do believe I will stick with PalmOS I just am not sure I can stay the course with this particular phone past the 30 days unless I can figure out what I am doing wrong.

Any advice appreciated.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dp135 View Post
    If a calendar app came out that played well with the cloud, I could even bypass the Palm Desktop thing. I am trying to embrace the new OS. But this is really messing me up as a PIM.
    m.google.com/calendar
    It's simply the mobile web interface of Google Calendar. The Pre Calendar seemed a bit slow and lacked a way to use the month view "at a glance". I'm sure other options/updates will come up but for now so I've just bee using a bookmark of that link and it's been working fine.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thank you. I will take a look at it. Did you make one calendar or did you find you needed to make multiple calendars in order to get the month view thing with colors to show as you wished?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    i have the same issue. I have all my google calendars setup to the colors I like, and the pre will not show colors in Month view like my old Treo/Centro would.
    Any suggestions?