Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Since I now have all my itunes on the pre..I would love to sell my Ipod touch. I play my touch trough an adapter hooked to my car stereo. Any way to do this with the pre......yet?
  2. #2  
    Does the adapter plug into the headphone jack or what?
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
  3. #3  
    I haven't seen a single cable yet, though, if you have an Aux input for your stereo, you can use the car charger to charge it, and connect the aux adapter to the 3.5mm headset jack on the Pre. This is what I use in my car.
  4. xandrake's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #4  
    Not just yet. I have 2 wires coming out of the Pre when the battery is low.

    After the first week of ownership, I must say, the battery life is pretty damned good. 6:30-22:00 with 27% left and moderate use. I'm now impressed.
  5.    #5  
    I have an dapter cable that is hooked inthe back of the car stereo just for the ipod. I dont think they make cables yet for the micro usb yet do they? Are there mp3 players out there that use the micro usb ?
  6. vkewalra's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    I have an dapter cable that is hooked inthe back of the car stereo just for the ipod. I dont think they make cables yet for the micro usb yet do they? Are there mp3 players out there that use the micro usb ?
    The HTC phones use mini-usb for both audio and power, I'm not sure if Palm set up the micro-usb port on the Pre to have audio out capabilities.
  7. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #7  
    What I'm going to do is buy another Touchstone for the truck. Then I can mount the Pre on the Touchstone and plug the phone into the auxillary jack in my truck. Technically that's two cables: one to the Touchstone and one to the phone. But it gets around having to fiddle with that little mini-USD cover all the time. I'm sure that thing is not long for this world.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by j2lawson View Post
    I haven't seen a single cable yet, though, if you have an Aux input for your stereo, you can use the car charger to charge it, and connect the aux adapter to the 3.5mm headset jack on the Pre. This is what I use in my car.
    In my past experience I tend to get some static because of the chargeing when I tried this. Lucky for me my new car has Sync on it and it has bluetooth. Problem solved for me. To answer the OP though that might be your only option.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  9. #9  
  10. #10  
    My car stereo doesn't have an Aux input, so I had to try something else. At Fry's I found a cigarette lighter plug-in device that transmits a low power FM signal to my car's stereo. It has a standard headset cable plug that that works with the Pre. Sounds OK when the Pre volume is at 4 bars, but I get increasing distortion above that. I just use the volume on the stereo if I need it louder. It's not great but it gets the job done.
    I can't find a link to the one I bought, a "VR3" brand, and I can't post links here yet, but look at Amazon.com under "In Car MP3 FM transmitter"
    Last edited by VikCyc; 06/12/2009 at 05:07 PM.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by photojake View Post
    That looks like a miniusb connection there if so it would atleast charge.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  12. #12  
    didnt know the Pre came with 8gig so i said what the heck let me use it as my mp3 player for the car

    my radio has aux in so i got red/white wires coming out of that, that transform into a headphone jack at the other end,that goes into the pre

    pre plays brilliant stereo quality music now

    to charge it i simply use the palm car charger, works great!!!

    my old touch pro had a TV out option. is there such a thing in the works for the Pre?
    but my stereo takes video in and i could have the pre play movies on my car screen

    way 2 cool
  13.    #13  
    Bump...when will we see car kits to play our pres through our car stereos and charges it at the same time like the iphones?????? I need one NOW so I can sell my ipod touch
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    didnt know the Pre came with 8gig so i said what the heck let me use it as my mp3 player for the car

    my radio has aux in so i got red/white wires coming out of that, that transform into a headphone jack at the other end,that goes into the pre

    pre plays brilliant stereo quality music now

    to charge it i simply use the palm car charger, works great!!!

    my old touch pro had a TV out option. is there such a thing in the works for the Pre?
    but my stereo takes video in and i could have the pre play movies on my car screen

    way 2 cool
    Nice where I do I get one of these cables?

Posting Permissions