1.    #1  
    To all of us who have the Mail in Rebate forums and have had to exchange our Pre's for replacements, will our rebates still go through.

1. The form specifically states that the phones must be activated for 30 days.
    2. The Esn numbers for the phones are on the Original sales receipt.
    3. Our phones ESN's are now different and the ones on the receipt most likely will not be activated as they are broke...

The form states that NO copies of the receipt will be accepted.. the receipt must be the original...

So what do we do.. send it in and hope for the best? Anyone care to chime in with any previous experience or knowledge?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Submit the form with the number the Pre is on currently (you don't need to enter ESNs on the rebate form). They will most likely send you a post card that your submission was invalid. Then talk to to a rebate rep. over the phone and they should let your rebate in easy. I know, because I have done it. It shouldn't be a problem.

Also, as an additional measure, call in now and have a CSR enter this issue in your account's notes, so that when you talk to the rebate rep. later you can say that you already have the issue noted in your account.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I was wondering about this also but for a different reason. I bought my pre on a new added line to my account so I could get the discounts and rebate but I really want to use my primary number with my pre but I am worried about doing the ESN swap because it my render my rebate void. Wish there was more clarity.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ It shouldn't. You still signed-up for a new line and bought a new phone. You satisfied their requirements, and it's just that whoever processes your rebate initially will likely not go in your account deep enough to realize this. Thus the initial rejection and a call to explain yourself... not that hard.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Cool, thanks haydur guess I'll give Sprint a call for the swap and finally be able to enjoy my pre on my original number and put my second number on standby after the rebate is processed and received. Then I can sell this HTC diamond on craigslist and be done with winmo forever! lol.