Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    They're getting these processed fast! I just received this e-mail...
    (replaced real tracking number with "XXXXXXXXX")

Dear JABARI HUNT,

We have received your rebate submission for the purchase of a Sprint device.

Your rebate tracking number is: XXXXXXXXX

To check your rebate status just click on
    http://www.sprintrebates.com/track/s...mber=XXXXXXXXX

Please be sure to keep a copy of your tracking number for future reference.

If you have met all of the eligibility criteria documented on your rebate form, you will receive your rebate within 10-14 weeks.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Sincerely,

Sprint

Referral:
    Refer someone to Sprint or Nextel and you and your friend will each receive a $25 Sprint Referral Rewards Visa debit card. It's easy to make a referral and you can spend your reward anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Simply go to Sprint Referral Rewards Program to refer a friend online or call #REF (#733) for more details. Keep earning rewards when you refer up to 12 people a year. That's $300!

Online Account Management:
    Sign on to Manage at Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint to get detailed information about your Sprint account. Check your minutes, view your invoices or enroll in Online Billing and Automatic Payment from your checking account. Plus, find out about other Sprint services—24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Please do not reply to this email because it has been automatically generated. You are invited to visit <http://www.sprintrebates.com> to check the status of your rebate. Rest assured, your email address is not shared with any other company.
    UPDATE: This link says it's 58% processed and gives an estimated delivey time of 10 - 14 weeks.
    Last edited by Laxidasical; 06/12/2009 at 02:11 PM.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    10-14 weeks what a joke! There should be a national law against this. They want our money that day but it takes them 3.5 months to process it and get it back to you. Nothing takes that long in this digital world.

OK off my soapbox for now
    Corey

Current Devices: Palm Pre 2, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Focus and Apple's iPhone 4
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coreymcl View Post
    10-14 weeks what a joke! There should be a national law against this. They want our money that day but it takes them 3.5 months to process it and get it back to you. Nothing takes that long in this digital world.

That's pretty standard for rebates... until Congress creates a law against it. Also, this is pretty good, compared to Wirefly, which powers cell phone sales for Walmart.com, RadioShack.com etc. etc. There, you have to wait for 6 months before you can even submit your rebate.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coreymcl View Post

That's the kind of thing that makes me want to only buy 3rd party accessories. I vow to never buy another Palm branded charger, case, battery, headset, etc. Just 3rd party gear.
    That reminds me, I need to mail in my rebate!
    100,000 units sold so far.

70,000 x $100 x 5% interest x 3/12 months = $87,500
    30,000 x $100 = $3,000,000

Not bad. Banking on the lazy among us nets probably north of $2M.

Investment value of the money paid out probably only covers administrative hassle of doing rebates.
    [QUOTE=Laxidasical;1673158]They're getting these processed fast! I just received this e-mail...

I just about crapped my pants. I went to sprint rebate site and put in my info, just to see. I mailed my rebate in a couple of days ago. Well, I started reading the info found for my account and almost passed out, until I noticed the date~!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jwdesselle; 06/12/2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: replace photo
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post

Investment value of the money paid out probably only covers administrative hassle of doing rebates.

I'd like to know where you are getting a 5% return in 3 1/2 months.
    Sprint said non of them would be processed until after the 30day mark...interesting.
    If you had what I had happened to my instinct rebate, call them up and they have to fix somthing they expidited my rebate and got it out in 2-3weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post

UPDATE: This link says it's 58% processed and gives an estimated delivey time of 10 - 14 weeks.
    Wow, is that all. :-/
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=jwdesselle;1673286]

I just about crapped my pants. I went to sprint rebate site and put in my info, just to see. I mailed my rebate in a couple of days ago. Well, I started reading the info found for my account and almost passed out, until I noticed the date~!

I got the same reaction and response when I saw my instinct rebate from last year...i then read carefully :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    That's pretty standard for rebates... until Congress creates a law against it. Also, this is pretty good, compared to Wirefly, which powers cell phone sales for Walmart.com, RadioShack.com etc. etc. There, you have to wait for 6 months before you can even submit your rebate.
    Why would there be a law against it? What exactly would the law be against? They make it perfectly clear what the terms are when they sell the phones and offer the rebates, so there's no fraud. They didn't put a gun to anyone's head and force them to buy the phone, so there's no fraud.

My golly, why are so many people so quick to call for government to interfere in our lives?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Guys, they put the ABSOLUTE LONGEST possible time in there on purpose, it WILL be faster than that. They put the absolute longest estimate so that you won't be mad later, because if they put a real estimate, you would be super pissed if it went over by a single day. So they give the longest possible estimate on PURPOSE, it WILL be shorter. I did a Sprint rebate just a month ago, and it went exactly like this:

Mailed rebate.
    3 days after mailing: "We have received your rebate, and it should be processed in the next 10-14 weeks"
    1 week after mailing: "We are processing your rebate, and it should be mailed in the next 10-14 weeks"
    2 weeks after mailing: "We have approved your rebate, and it should be mailed in the next 6-8 weeks"
    3 weeks after mailing: "We have approved your rebate, and a check has been written, it should arrive in less than 4 weeks"
    3 weeks and 2 days after mailing the form in, the check was in my hand.

Heck, even on the day I received the check, the website had given an estimated delivery date of 2 weeks, just in case it took the mail 2 weeks to get from Texas to California.

Sprints rebates department has been excellent recently, and I've read stories just like mine from other people as well. They just know that if they give a closer to acccurate estimate and then went over that estimate by even a single day, some stupid wankers would be even more pissed off. This way, you get very pleasantly surprised when your rebate comes in weeks before they said it would.

Now that I think about it though, Sprint's rebate department has made one error on a rebate check for me before...they sent me too much money!
    This is just the reason I am only buying one at BB.

Oh, and their website will always say 10-14 weeks, even when it gets to 100% complete. It's saying that they're 58% done with the 10-14 week period. Look at the picture linked by jwdesselle, it still says 10-14 weeks above the status bar on his update as well, even though the check has cleared.
    dont they have to wait until you have the pre for a certain amount of time?

to make sure you keep the phone?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Why would there be a law against it? What exactly would the law be against? They make it perfectly clear what the terms are when they sell the phones and offer the rebates, so there's no fraud. They didn't put a gun to anyone's head and force them to buy the phone, so there's no fraud.

My golly, why are so many people so quick to call for government to interfere in our lives?
    I agree 100%. This is a consumer-regulated business. Every time you do business with a company you vote for them. $1 = 1 vote. Don't like their rebate policy? Vote for someone else!
    Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    dont they have to wait until you have the pre for a certain amount of time?

to make sure you keep the phone?
    I'm actually using my pre broken right now because I have to wait for the TEP to go through for a replacement and I don't want to reactivate my touch just in case the rebate is affected.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post

You're forgetting the interest on that 30,000. They don't send the interest back to you, only the original rebate amount!!!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast