1.    #1  
    Google Applications work really well from the web!

I made launcher bookmarks to Gmail, Reader, Google Talk, Docs, Calendar and News. The mobile versions look really great on the Pre! They are very usable.

I now get my email alerts from the main email application but use the Web email to read it etc.. The calendar is also really nice, allowing Day and Month view. You can still toggle what calendars are visible.

I am impressed. I am sure they were formatted for the iPhone but the Pre works great as well!

I just wanted to let you guys know and maybe give them a try!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    hmm, you do know that you can use the built in calendar and have it sync with google calendar right? also google chat is a built in im service, along with gmail and it actually already has a pdf reader... this must be a fake post.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by repseki View Post
    hmm, you do know that you can use the built in calendar and have it sync with google calendar right? also google chat is a built in im service, along with gmail and it actually already has a pdf reader... this must be a fake post.
    Of course I know Calendar syncs ii
    Some people have problems when they create new events etc.. This is 100% ii

The Google chat indeed works very well with the built in Pre app.

I was just saying that the on-line versions work really really well. I like the Email web version better than the Pre's client. The other services like reader etc... Have no pre equals as of yet.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    the only useful web apps from google are docs and the reader.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by repseki View Post
    hmm, you do know that you can use the built in calendar and have it sync with google calendar right?
    If you use Google Calendars as your primary calendar then it's actually a great (superior?) alternative to the Pre Calendar. Its quick, easier to read and offers a better month view that includes daily agenda.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kurpaige View Post
    the only useful web apps from google are docs and the reader.

I use all the others as well and they are all useful man. I also like that you can change between them without opening a new web card if you like.

Don't use them, I will.

To each his own. ii

Indeed to each his own. Thanks for the heads up 1Paladin. I'll check it out and see which version is better for me.
  8.    #8  
    The only thing I notice is when you delete an email etc.. you have to hit the refresh button. It is not auto-refreshing for some reason. This is such a small thing, it does not bother me.

I just checked out the link for the calendar - very nice!
    Here's a Google Reader tip: Use the iPhone version: http://google.com/reader/i/ It's beautiful on this phone and much better than /m which is just text based.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    not to sound stupid, but could someone post the links to the mobile versions of these google pages? (thanks for the reader link lawilson2 )

also, is there a way to add bookmarks to the launcher?

edit: nevermind, I figured the links out, and how to add to the launcher. haha, I'm a bit tired. i need some sleep.
    Last edited by pomokey; 06/13/2009 at 02:09 AM.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
  12.    #12  
    I was talking about the portable versions of the apps to begin with! ii

My phone went to those versions automatically except for igoogle but I loaded that from within the app and got its mobile version as well.

13.    #13  
    Man the more I use these the better I like them. The news reader is cool. The thing I like the best is you set it all up on the web as to what feeds etc.. The pre just sees it.

You can also read them from the web directly. Everything stays in sync and no extra stuff to set up.... I could never see using a stand alone RSS reader again as I would have to add everything in al over again etc..... this is much nicer....

THIS is is the way to go IMHO.

Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I use mobile google tasks. Hopefully the pre tasks will soon sync with it.