1.    #1  
    Okay, McNamee didn't get this entirely correct, but this functionality is here, sort of.

I had a meeting today that had multiple attendees (Exchange). When the reminder went off for the meeting, in addition to Dismiss and Snooze buttons, I also got a button that said Contact meeting attendees. If you push that button, it automatically opens up a new email addressed to all the attendees with a pre-populated message body that says something like, "I'm running late, be there as soon as I can."

Hitting that button also snoozes the reminder.

I think this is pretty awesome. It's a clever touch. It has nothing to do with knowing where I am and how close I am to the meeting though (this meeting had a location, but it was just a phone number). It's just a part of the reminder for a meeting that has other attendees. Still, an excellent time saver. I can get the word out in two button pushes without even thinking about it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Has anyone tested this out by having the GPS on and a meeting with an address at a great distance away?
    I would assume if GPS is off there is no way for it to know if you are running late or not.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Has anyone tested this out by having the GPS on and a meeting with an address at a great distance away?
    I would assume if GPS is off there is no way for it to know if you are running late or not.
    I'm pretty sure you'll get this option for any meeting with attendees, regardless of location.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you'll get this option for any meeting with attendees, regardless of location.
    Yes, I know but I know there was rumors that it would actually tell you that you are going to be late based on your current location...not just give you a button to press in case....again I know just rumors
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Yes, I know but I know there was rumors that it would actually tell you that you are going to be late based on your current location...not just give you a button to press in case....again I know just rumors
    Just entered a meeting for myself a few hundred miles away. We'll see what happens in a few minutes.
  6.    #6  
    Nope, just a normal reminder. I don't think the location field in the appointments is actually address aware/communicating with Google maps. In my opinion, a lot of things would have to go right for that to work.