1.    #1  
    AND ITS AMAZING the only thing that didnt work right was the back gesture but the palm guy was there and his back gesture was working wonderfully and i currently have the Storm and it is garbage so i think im gonna do the 30 day trial although my plan on Verizon is 39.99 cuz im on a family plan so i might not switch just do the 30 day trial and if im impressed ill take it definetly the best phone i have ever played with and i have played with the G1 iPhone Storm and the pre just has something so good about out that i dont know I just hope that they get a Facebook App And Yahoo Messenger integration. The Palm guy said they were working on Yahoo Messenger to put on the Pre but he werent sure about msn or hotmail but i just need AIM and Yahoo so ill be fine and Tweed needs pictures too and then i will think this is the most amazing phone ever.

So thats my 2 cents on my Pre experience in store
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasonB View Post
    AND ITS AMAZING the only thing that didnt work right was the back gesture but the palm guy was there and his back gesture was working wonderfully and i currently have the Storm and it is garbage so i think im gonna do the 30 day trial although my plan on Verizon is 39.99 cuz im on a family plan so i might not switch just do the 30 day trial and if im impressed ill take it definetly the best phone i have ever played with and i have played with the G1 iPhone Storm and the pre just has something so good about out that i dont know I just hope that they get a Facebook App And Yahoo Messenger integration.
    Likely the record for a single run-on sentence on here.

Glad you liked it though.

Just FYI, the "." key is right next to the spacebar on the Pre.
    ...the only thing that didnt work right was the back gesture...
    FWIW... in my experience the store display models are a bit slower and not as slick as the sale units. My thought on this was because the display units at my local store had a constantly running demo on them that could not be killed. It was running in a card, but would restart if you killed it...so I am sure that was slowing it down.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Likely the record for a single run-on sentence on here.
    I was just going to say the same thing....hilarious!
    I tried one out in the store and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm glad I read the post above about the floor models being slower. I definately found it to be a little laggy.

I have to say that I was a little disappointed in my overall experience with the phone. I'm sure my expectations were far too high, but I really expected it to be a lot faster, especially on the internet. Granted, I was impressed at the device's ability to display real web pages and interact with them mostly as normal, but it was a little slow.

Also, I got stuck in the tasks application. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to exit a single task when I was viewing the details of it. I ended up deleting it just to get back to the main list.

Overall, I'm concerned that I would be paying $200 (and, more importantly, the additional monthly data fees) for a device that could quickly become a novelty. I would have to be using the web and specialized apps for it to be worth the cost. It would have to change the way I integrate the web with my life, and I'm not sure the extra $500 a year (at the very least) in additional cell phone bill data charges is going to be worth it.

Anyone care to comment on how the Pre has helped them?

PS - What is the 30 day trial and how does that work?
    AND ITS AMAZING the only thing that didnt work right was the back gesture but the palm guy was there and his back gesture was working wonderfully and i currently have the Storm and it is garbage so i think im gonna do the 30 day trial although my plan on Verizon is 39.99 cuz im on a family plan so i might not switch just do the 30 day trial and if im impressed ill take it definetly the best phone i have ever played with and i have played with the G1 iPhone Storm and the pre just has something so good about out that i dont know I just hope that they get a Facebook App And Yahoo Messenger integration. The Palm guy said they were working on Yahoo Messenger to put on the Pre but he werent sure about msn or hotmail but i just need AIM and Yahoo so ill be fine and Tweed needs pictures too and then i will think this is the most amazing phone ever.

Does anyone else feel almost panicky and anxious after reading this? Glad you liked though-
    If you don't know if you'll be using data on your device, then you don't want a smart device.

I've been paying for a data plan for years, cause I know I use it, and use it alot.

Amazon.com: Basic English Grammar, Second Edition (Full Student Textbook): Betty Schrampfer Azar: Books
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts

How did you manage to get a Storm on Verizon without having to get a Blackberry plan? They make it mandatory.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I did try it out at a Sprint store as well. I did notice it was a little slow to load applications but it had this stupid demo running the whole time that couldn't be killed. So it was difficult to figure out how fast it actually is. Is this how most demo phones are being displayed?
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Also, there is x.facebook.com that works well but the full facebook.com loads perfectly in the browser anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    How did you manage to get a Storm on Verizon without having to get a Blackberry plan? They make it mandatory.
    $9.99 family line + $30 blackberry plan, he does have one.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 06MS6 View Post
    $9.99 family line + $30 blackberry plan, he does have one.
    Ah. I am ashamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    Does anyone else feel almost panicky and anxious after reading this? Glad you liked though-
    I had to take a deep breath after reading it. But I can relate--it's how I feel all the time while playing with... er... using my Pre.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ossavir View Post
    I tried one out in the store and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm glad I read the post above about the floor models being slower. I definately found it to be a little laggy.

I have to say that I was a little disappointed in my overall experience with the phone. I'm sure my expectations were far too high, but I really expected it to be a lot faster, especially on the internet. Granted, I was impressed at the device's ability to display real web pages and interact with them mostly as normal, but it was a little slow.

Also, I got stuck in the tasks application. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to exit a single task when I was viewing the details of it. I ended up deleting it just to get back to the main list.

Overall, I'm concerned that I would be paying $200 (and, more importantly, the additional monthly data fees) for a device that could quickly become a novelty. I would have to be using the web and specialized apps for it to be worth the cost. It would have to change the way I integrate the web with my life, and I'm not sure the extra $500 a year (at the very least) in additional cell phone bill data charges is going to be worth it.

Anyone care to comment on how the Pre has helped them?

PS - What is the 30 day trial and how does that work?
    Well, really, you answered the question for yourself when you say you'd have to be using the Web and specialized apps for the Pre to be worth it. That's essentially true, along with PIM and messaging and email and such. If you don't use any of those things, but rather are just looking for a phone, the absolutely the Pre and its data-centric plan will be excessive for you.

For myself, I use all of those things extensively, and I've never owned a device that's allowed me to do them with such ease. The Pre's not perfect (it is, after all, a V1.0 device), but it's so much better at letting me get the things I need to get done that I already don't know what I'd do without it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  16. joelpalm
    HO.LEE.WOW.Grammar FTL
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I already don't know what I'd do without it.
    That's funny because I still have my BB Storm active on Verizon while I try out the Pre. There's some things left to be desired with the Pre that I know will get added and the signal issues should also get resolved, but I'm just waiting to see an update or two before my 30 days. However, when I try to picture going back exclusively to the Storm it makes me sad and scared like I'm already addicted to the Pre's OS and browser.
  18.    #18  
    Sorry people for the run-on sentence, but I just didnt feel like putting all of the periods and what not.