Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So ive been hanging out on the developer page. To be honest dont know what the hell I am doing but used my limited knoweldge to figure out what they were talking about and enabled new pages and delete pages on my pre launcher i took a screen shot you can see the number of pages indicated by the little markers towards bottom of screen and i have my launcher menu up so you can see the new page and delete page options. so the codes is already there they just commented it out. you have to remove the comments and save the file..

comes in handy because i am leaving all the default apps where they are and putting all the downloaded apps in the new pages. and i will dedicate a page to my favorite websites to
    Unknown_2009-12-06_120537.jpg
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    well done sir.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    So, how do you do it?
    Must have! How did you do it?!?
    can you let us know how you did this, I haven't been in the developers section at all.
    Very nice, do you care to share any more info on it?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Nice, can't wait till stuff gets "officially" released to other users.
    Can the average person do this?
    There is no spoon
    It's easy if you have a good amount of Linux command line knowledge. If not, I'd wait until an installer is created. I know people are working on it right now, but it's only been a couple of days.

Cheers,

-n8
    ya but how do I actually do this, step by step, some of us don't have all the experiance you do
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I would love to see Palm implement this officially. Most people, like me, would want a page of favorite contacts. With only three pages in the launcher, this makes the other two pages very cramped and disorganized. Too many compromizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    ya but how do I actually do this, step by step, some of us don't have all the experiance you do
    It's safe to say that modifying the Pre is in the early stages, and isn't really ready for non-geeks yet. Be patient, people are working on it right now.

Cheers,

-n8
    pre dev wiki: Welcome to the Pre/webOS dev wiki
    If the listed types of actions, tools, and syntax don't look immediately familiar, then I strongly recommend not trying to do it. If you routinely administer Linux-based systems and hack around related file systems in telnet/SSH, then great, dive in and live with what happens...but if that's not you (and I suspect it's not based on what you say here), you should hold off and wait for someone to create a friendly utility that performs the actions for you. Root is not for the feint of heart...and it's not practical to document every possible step and exceptional flow here. Things will happen...and your prior related experience and knowledge is what will save you.

If you do decide to try it, well then, the steps on that wiki are fairly well laid out...and asking for more detail than what is already provided on the various pages of that site is a little much. Someone may do it for you, but not me.

What I will offer is this: brick definition | Dictionary.com

..and that's what you are going to make if you are screwing around as root and don't know what you are doing.

$0.02
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    Yes, nice link BTW. I know what I am doing this weekend.
    thanks
    No prob at all. here's hoping we start to see utilities soon. I am so pumped that we are beneath the browser UI and actually at the device level.
    Great find! I'll wait for the official release though.
    Cool!

I am guessing they will enable the extra pages as the number of apps in the store increase.

(I'm on 9 pages on my iPhone, which also has an annoying bug in that any extra apps installed after you have filled 9 pages vanish into limbo, and you have to go into iTunes to delete them)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast