Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok like many people on this forum i was unlucky and got a pre with tan splotches and dead pixels. no biggy rite its just an hour drive to my local sprint store. So i go there and to my surprise they actually had a few in stock so they switched out and sent me on my way. now im a very satisfied sprint customer, right well not exactly.

So i get my Shiny new pre and take it out to my car to make sure all is right b4 i leave. And who would a thunk it yet another defective unit, except this time its not 2 splotches its 4, and when i slide it closed(anybody wana guess what happens) it resets. But that's ok im right in front of the sprint store, ill just take it back again, nope not that easy. I come back in and immediately so the guy who originally sold me the phone and then his coworker looks and say man uv just got a streak of bad luck. Then this chic comes from the back and says o your back looks at the phone and says,"Yea there's nothing wrong with this" then closed the phone and handed it back to the first guy, and yea you thought right it reset its self so now they definitely know somethings wrong. but the rep says unfortunately we cant keep swapping the phone out. So me being the nice guy that i am i just said so what do we do now.

The rep goes hold on i think i know what it is the screens to bright if i turn it down all will be ok. So i said um sure give it a try. So the rep messes with the phone for a good 10 mins and he just cant figure out how to adjust the brightness, then he says hold on let me get a manual so i figure this out because this is definitely the cause of all ur problems. then i interrupted and said u don't need a manual this is how you change it and see it still does it. So he takes it to the back of the store and him and the lady talked for a good 20 mins and the only conclusion they came up with was well im gona call my boss and see what he says. And of coruse his boss said no never herd of the problem b4 but ill email palm and see what i can figure out. So im left to dry with a defunked pre till when ever they decide to call.

So any advice what would ne of you do? anybody else run into slow reps?
    and if so howd you get it resolved? Somebody anybody WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Was this a corporate store?
    You are within your 30 days, just return it.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

4.    #4  
    No i believe there just an authorized retailer or something like that. but im not really sure any way you can tell from what they do?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    You are within your 30 days, just return it.
    then do what jus go with out the pre thatd suck i really do love the phone i just one that was properly built
    Quote Originally Posted by dabackwoodboy View Post
    No i believe there just an authorized retailer or something like that. but im not really sure any way you can tell from what they do?
    Was it an actual sprint store with the big yellow sprint sign and the yellow counters and display cases with every phone out for display. Did they only sell sprint/virgin mobile or did they sell other carriers as well?
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Call retentions.
  8.    #8  
    yes a big yellow sign and counters and display cases and they only sold sprint nextel and boost
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    then do what jus go with out the pre thatd suck i really do love the phone i just one that was properly built

So....how's that slide out keyboard workin' out for ya?

bj
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    Call retentions.
    good idea but im kinda hoping thats my last resort because then id wait even longer wouldn't i because they have no access to them at the moment do they?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    So....how's that slide out keyboard workin' out for ya?

bj
    not to good because i have to slowly slide the screen down with my thumb on it the whole time to keep it from cutting off
    Look. A couple things.

It's your own fault. If you allowed them 10 minutes to try and turn down the brightness and 20 more minutes to call their boss, etc then you're letting yourself be a victim of terrible service. Just hand them the phone back and say "If it doesn't work like it should right out of the box then I do not want it. Goodbye." Then truck on over to a corp store and get on the waiting list. Authorized dealer reps are the worst in the world.

Last, it's just a phone. It makes calls and it can talk to the internet. Does that mean it's so awesome you have to allow terrible customer service to continue and a broken $300 phone to stay in your possession? I sure hope not.

By the way. Authorized dealers are notorious for reselling already returned products. I would bet that's what happened in your case.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    Look. A couple things. Punctuation. Grammar. I'm going cross-eyed reading your posts.
    um yea I'll work on that, and thanks for the help
    um yea I'll work on that, and thanks for the help
    Good luck 'da back wood boy'
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    dabackwoodboy,

I feel your pain... I am on my 3rd Palm Pre and I am awaiting a 4th that is being sent from Palm. My first 2 pre's had the heat spotting (white circles) and some dead pixels. Well the 3rd one has no heat spots but has 4 dead pixels. So instead of going back to the sprint store I decided to go straight to Palm.

You can go to Palm's website and hit their "contact us" page. Call the main number and hit 0 when you get the recording. Ask the receptionist to speak to escalations. Tell the person who answers you want them to ship you a new a device that does not have screen issues. I had to give them my credit card number in order to get them to let me keep my current phone and return it once the replacement comes.

I would definitely advise you to go this route. I asked them to inspect mine before sending the new one, but who knows if that will really happen. It doesn't arrive until next week. Good luck!! I do hope Palm gets their manufacturing kinks worked out as I do love the phone. I just want a screen without defects. That shouldn't be too much to ask.
    Last edited by YeOj; 06/12/2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Don't let them boss you around... your the customer paying at least 250 bucks for a new phone... If they tell you that the phone is fine when it clearly isn't then just state flat out.. fine I want to return it.. If they decide they want to charge you a re-stocking fee then make a scene.. I'm not the type to make a scene in a public place but when you KNOW your right and they obviously from the way it sounds have no clue how to even diagnose a problem with a cell phone I would stand my ground. Stand in the store and tell everyone that this is BS and you shouldn't have to pay a restocking fee when the phone is clearly broken, Bring a friend with... it helps. I once bought a phone case from one of those kiosks in the mall. I literally started walking away when the plastic that held both pieces together snapped. The guy goes "Sorry no returns..." and I got real loud and said "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME... THIS PEICE OF SH-T PLASTIC SNAPPED LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES AFTER I BOUGHT IT..." Needless to say they returned it... gave me another one...free...
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    So any advice what would ne of you do? anybody else run into slow reps?
    and if so howd you get it resolved? Somebody anybody WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?[/QUOTE]

Found this on another site.
    The creen re setting is because the battery is just a little smaller than it needs to be to fit in the back. When you close the slider it causes the battery to move just enough and for just long enough for the battery to come off the contacts and the phone to restart.

Simple soultion as to take a tiny strip of paper and fold it 3/4 times and wedge it between the battery and the case to hold the battery on the contacts.

Should you have to do this for a brand new phone, absolutley not.
    But it should keep the phone working and give you a little more ammunition to prove your point if you go back to the store.
    I don't know about anyone else, but this post is almost rediculous. Sounds phoney to me.
    temp fix for the phone resetting:

fold a piece of paper 3-4 times and put it acrossed the top of the battery. the case is a little to big for the phone so when you slide it shut it's losing the connection for a split second. this will hold you over til you can get a new phone.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but this post is almost rediculous. Sounds phoney to me.
    not even wasting my time on arguing with this one. but you know i was once told if you have nothing to contribute then sit back and shut up. you might want think about that before you waist another post just trying to get your post count up. So thank you very much and have a nice day ok buddy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast