1.    #1  
    I know ive been reading a lot about the battery getting really hot.
    But on my phone (looking at the backside) its the lower left hand area of the phone that seems to be generating the most heat! Taking off the cover i found that this isnt where the battery is located.

Anyone have any idea what it is that is generating this heat?
    I'd guess the processor?

When using Spring Navigation, it gets lava hot. Can't be good for the internals.
    I have to hope this heat issue is something they get worked out soon either through firmware if possible or possible hardware revisions.
    it is for sure the processor it was an issue i thought the phone might have when i heard how big the processor was its a 600GHz which is about 200GHz than any other phone out there, apple announced that there new iphone will also have a 600GHz processor. but the issue is that with that much processing power its going to get hot that's why computers have fans and cooling system. maybe that's something that phones are going to start to need.
    600Ghz? Dannnggggg
    I know some people will down play the heat issue as being localized to an application, but the problem is that heat and hardware components don't marry well. This is a build issue. The heat really has no way of dissipating correctly. Eventually, it will take it toll on the hardware. Look at the Xbox 360. The heat issues were ignored by Microsoft, even though it was a hardware design issue. The gpu was cooking itself and literally popping off the motherboard. Palm needs to address this now and stop telling people "Oh don't use Gmail that often or Sprint Navigation." The phone works, but not as advertised or intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedecline View Post
    it is for sure the processor it was an issue i thought the phone might have when i heard how big the processor was its a 600GHz which is about 200GHz than any other phone out there, apple announced that there new iphone will also have a 600GHz processor. but the issue is that with that much processing power its going to get hot that's why computers have fans and cooling system. maybe that's something that phones are going to start to need.
    It's a 600 MHz, not GHz, and the phone is actually only running it at 500MHz. They've discovered this in the developers section where people are tearing into the internals of webOS.