View Poll Results: The center button usage

Voters
282. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I am using it all the time , the current functionality is great.

103 36.52%
  • Nope, I am not using it much , it is redundant, instead I am using swipes.

179 63.48%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I would like to know if you think the center button is barely used.
    Uh, yes?

If Palm doesn't add a lot more functionality (yeah, I know everyone wants light-up notifications...) to this thing in the next 3-6 months, this will be for me - without a doubt - the biggest design blunder of the Pre.
    I just used it today..for the second time ever. And I only did it 'just beacuse' lol.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I use it it quite often. Different strokes (i mean pokes) for different folks
    I actually use it all the time to exit from an APP to the card view. My thumb just always seems to be right above it.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I use it more than I should probably. sometimes I find it quicker to do it if switching between apps.
    Never use it. Wish it was a 5 way for moving around in text. But wouldn't look right.
    I hit the center button so I can do a universal search no matter where I am in a program.
    I'm scared to use it b/c of the cracked screen posts.

Palm, remove it in your rev.B model. It's useless.
    I use the center button quite a bit. I actually use it probably more than I should since I sometimes forget that I can start the launcher by sliding up; I tend to hit the center button and then the launcher button.
    Can't stand it. Gets in the way of gestures, seems to introduce a flex point responsible for many broken screens, and I wish that it was gone.

$0.02
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I use it a bit.... still wish it was used to turn on the phone when its sleeping.
    I never use it. I like swipe better.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    I hit the center button so I can do a universal search no matter where I am in a program.
    Huh?
    How hard are people pushing on the center button to break the screen? Maybe I baby the phone, but if I paid $200-300 for something I think I'd be more careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I would like to know if you think the center button is barely used.
    Whenever I demo the Pre, I use the button to go to card-view. I'm not even sure how else to get to card view.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I use it but, coming from the iPhone, I keep trying to wake it up with the center button and keep forgetting I have to use the button on top.

That's the only functionality I'd like added to it, wake the phone.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Whenever I demo the Pre, I use the button to go to card-view. I'm not even sure how else to get to card view.
    Swipe up from top to bottom.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    How do you not use it? I use it to go into card view, so I can close a card or switch cards. I use it to bring up card view so I can search. Seems pretty useful to me.

Do I wish it lit up for notifications? Sure, but that's a software fix. Do I wish it were a trackball/five way keypad. That'd be nice, but it's not a dealbreaker.
    The center button needs to be a d-pad.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast