Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Anyone gonna switch to att for 3Gs? I'm thinking of it. I'm not happy with the build quality of the pre. And I'm annoyed with all the bugs. Ie auto correct ect
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i'm thinking of getting the 3gs and keeping both for the 1-2 weeks. gonna test them both out side by side in terms of reception, 3g usage, battery, software, ui, all that stuff. then return which ever i dont feel as happy with.
    I dont think you would be comparing apples to apples if you put the gen 1 pre against the 3g. Apple has had time to work out the bugs. Of course you need to makethe call for yourself but I was a faithful treo user until other companies just passed them by. Now I think they have a product here that is worth weathering the storm for. Just my opinion.
    I'm 90% sure I'm going to return my Pre and get the new iPhone. If I want to port my number, I'm supposed to do that and then cancel my Sprint contract, right? Or do I need to return the Pre, port my number back to my old Treo, and then port the number to an iPhone (and cancel my Sprint Account) -- i.e. does porting the number affect my being able to return the Pre for a refund? Does the fact that I got my Pre at Radio Shack make any difference?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I really like the pre. Don't get me wrong. I think the platform has alot of potential. However, I don't know if I can handle waiting for updates/apps.
    Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here. You don't go out and get a new untested platform device w/o expecting bugs. I've never gotten software or electronics the minute they have their opening debut unless 1) I know and trust the company 2) I'm accepting that I will have bugs and quirks. All of us initial Pre owners are basically large scale beta testers who will work out the quirks or move on if the quirks are deal breakers.

I needed a few things to move to sprint for the Pre, all of them aren't present, but enough are present for me to make the move. Worst case scenario, I'll go back to my original Palm days and use my Treo as a standalone PDA and my Pre as my phone. However, because the Pre now has beta Splash ID, I don't have to carry my PDA all the time like a previously did. I'll just have it available in my briefcase or backpack. If I go three months w/o needing to touch it, I'll sit it on the shelf and take it when I know I'll need it.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Am I the only one that is seriously bothered by the whole "no risk free trial" when you're charged $35 for activation, $35 restocking, and minutes/data used during the trial?

Realistically, it probably costs at least $80 to try out a phone and service for a few weeks.
    hitormiss I am a National Account Manager for a Sprint BSP and upon requesting the port your account automatically cancels. You need to do nothing. If anyone has questions or need an upgrade or service call or email me I would be glad to assist. I think the device is great, but I am a Long time Palm user and the new spice is fun!

Curtis
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emikey View Post
    Anyone gonna switch to att for 3Gs? I'm thinking of it. I'm not happy with the build quality of the pre. And I'm annoyed with all the bugs. Ie auto correct ect
    I would like the 3G S too but...I just cannot afford a bill from at&t.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Well I am a cop in Texas and do not have the financial means to jump carriers at will. I have been a Sprint customer since 1999. It has been good and bad. But for the present, Sprint's selection of phones is terrible. I waited on the Pre to come out because it was the only phone I thought was worthy of purchase. I returned the Instinct due to a list a problems. If Pre does not shine I too will be making the iPhone and AT&T jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by klt0042 View Post
    Am I the only one that is seriously bothered by the whole "no risk free trial" when you're charged $35 for activation, $35 restocking, and minutes/data used during the trial?

Realistically, it probably costs at least $80 to try out a phone and service for a few weeks.
    That's true
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    *UPDATE*
    well since the new update. Im sold. The phone is definitely snappier. and my worries about the platform not developing are sorta gone. Im generally happier with my experience now. Thanks Palm. U saved this customer. But keep updating!
    Are you talking about the 1.0.3 update? If so I cannot wait to get home from work and do the update. I downloaded while at work and opted to install later just incase.