1.    #1  
    hopefully you can help

1. is there a way to keep the screen on when placing the phone to your ear? need to be able to turn that sensor off.

2. is there a way to keep the dial pad on the screen when making calls? it's a pain to have to keep pushing the dial pad icon when I want to enter digits i.e. voicemail code, account number, etc

3. when calls come in how are you picking up the call? do you flip the slider, do you press the on screen green phone icon?

4. still trying to figure out how to log out of IM. sliding the card off the screen does not log you out. can you send me instructions on how to officially log out of your IM session?

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by greatdeals View Post
    hopefully you can help

1. is there a way to keep the screen on when placing the phone to your ear? need to be able to turn that sensor off.

2. is there a way to keep the dial pad on the screen when making calls? it's a pain to have to keep pushing the dial pad icon when I want to enter digits i.e. voicemail code, account number, etc

3. when calls come in how are you picking up the call? do you flip the slider, do you press the on screen green phone icon?

4. still trying to figure out how to log out of IM. sliding the card off the screen does not log you out. can you send me instructions on how to officially log out of your IM session?

thanks!

If you want to log out of aim open your messageing tab, then click on the buddies tab then there is what looks like a little green button hit that then select offline.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    hopefully you can help

thanks!
    #1 & #2 - no idea

#3 - i use on screen icon, if the screen is locked - you will hv to slide it outside the circle area

#4 - there should be an option to log off on the same icon where it lets you change your status from busy/available..theres only 1 icon on the IM screen - you cant miss it
    hopefully you can help

thanks!
    To solve #1 you can swap with my phone. The proximity sensor is broken.
    hopefully you can help

thanks!
    1. I haven't heard of a way to turn off the proximetry monitor, but why would you want to? It would be sort of like re-rigging your refridgerator light to stay on when the door's closed.
    2. Haven't found a way to do this either, but it does seem that once I press the dialpad, I don't have to keep pressing it for that session. Also, pressing the numbers on the physical keypad work (and that action calls up the virtual keypad as well).
    3. I use the green phone icon. Opening the slider doesn't seem to answer for me (which would make sense, somewhat, since I may want to do something besides answer the phone...). Pressing the red button sends the caller to your voice mail immediately. Pressing the middle button calls up their contact info, or allows you to add them as a contact.
      Interesting note on this last one. I missed having the option to send an SMS instead of answering the phone (you know, like "I'm busy right now, call me back in 10" or something similar. Thought it was just gone from the new OS; however, pressing that middle button calls up the caller's contact screen, at which point you CAN send them the SMS. There are no "pre configured" ones, and granted it works differently; but I think that's just another example of "It's not a missing feature, it's just done differently". In some ways, this is even better, since you could IM them from that screen, instead of being limited only to texting them.
    4. In the Messaging app, click the Buddies button. Click the Available bar, and you can select Sing off
    right, for #1, why would u want to turn it off? i think it works GREAT!!

i used to hit all types of buttons including put phone into airplane mode on touch pro

plus with the pre the proximity sensor works PERFECT
    when it turns off, u cant really even see that its off unless u got eyes in your ears
    so whats the problem with it cutting off? u have to pull away from the phone to even see the screen off and when u do in a split second its back on
    Last edited by Jupiter600; 06/12/2009 at 02:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    right, for #1, why would u want to turn it off? i think it works GREAT!!
    used to hit all types of buttons including put phone into airplane mode on touch pro
    plus with the pre the proxity sensor works PERFECT, like as soon as u away it shows
    when it turns off, u cant really even see that its off unless u got eyes in your ears
    so whats the problem with it cutting off? u have to pull away from the phone to even see the screen off and when u do in a split second its back on

exactly. I don't think people think things through before they post or complain.