View Poll Results: Please relate your experience

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use Centro or generic batteries and have no issues.

25 18.52%
  • I use Centro or generic batteries and have issues. (explain below)

0 0%
  • I use only official Palm Pre batteries.

51 37.78%
  • I use generic accessories like chargers and USB cables and have no issues.

62 45.93%
  • I use generic accessories like chargers and USB cables and have issues. (explain below)

6 4.44%
  • I use only official Palm Pre chargers and USB cables.

49 36.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I bought an the larger Seidio battery but it's on backorder - so we'll wait to see if it works with no prob.
    Anyone using centro battery with Touchstone? I read someone saying that it broke 2 out of 3 Touchstones.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Anyone using centro battery with Touchstone? I read someone saying that it broke 2 out of 3 Touchstones.
    No it didnt. How do you think the battery managed to effect some loops of wire and a power source in a plastic case (touchstone)? 'Someone' is drawing a false correlation between their touchstone issues and the battery they are using.
    Ok, here goes, I was almost going to return my touchstone because I purchased the rocket fish 2 piece protective shell with holster from best buy. The back part of the shell snaps over the Pre back and isnt made quite big enough for all the snaps to click over the back of the touchstone back. There's more. I had assumed that the touchstone would not work through an additional piece of plastic.

Before I returned the touchstone charger I thought I'd try one last time to get the "Rocket Fish protective back piece to snap on over the Pre Touchstone back. With some effort ( and an eyeglass screwdriver's help), it finally did snap on. Now there were 2 questions remaining unanswered: 1). would the Pre charge from the Touchstone through this extra plastic protection, and if so, 2). would the Touchstone magnetic power be suffucient to hold the Pre in charging position.

1). To my surprise the Pre charges through the Rocket fish Protective shell if it is firmly snapped on and forcably made to fit over the Pre's Touchstone back.
    2). Will the Touchstone base have enough magnetic power to hold the Pre in charging position. Yes it does, PARTIALLY. It will hold the Pre in place until the slightest bump or breeze hits the table or desk the Touchstone and charging Pre are situated on.
    Solution: A 1/4" wide piece of electrical tape placed on the back side of the Rocket fish protective back between the speaker and the camera openings to keep the Pre in its place when a breeze blows by. Since my Pre gets put in the Rocket Fish's holster and hung on my belt or on the dash of my car when it's not on the Touchstone, this tiny piece of electrical tape has no effect on any use or on the appearance of my Pre.

Lastly, This Rocket Fish Protective case and holster when used with any screen protector provide the ultimate in protection. I've managed to drop my Pre at least a half dozen times so far, and it remains unmarred, in perfect condition. Even the Rocket Fish plastic case (with it's matte finish) appears to resist scratching. PLUS, now I can keep my Pre in new, just out of the box condition with the Rocket Fish protection and AND continue to easily charge it (without having to unsnap the tight fitting Rocket Fish cover) by just placing it on the Touchstone charger!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12