Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have mine on full bright...it really is such a beautiful screen that I'd hate to diminish it by dimming the light...even though my batt life does suffer. But it's worth it...just yesterday my friend who owns an iPhone saw my Pre for the first time and said, "wow...look at that screen!!"

Edit: I was going to make this a poll, but forgot to check the damn 'make this a poll' box after selecting the number of options I wanted. Ah well.

What brightness setting have you set your screen to?

1. Brilliant Bright

2. Murky Middle

3. Dull Dim
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 06/12/2009 at 09:02 AM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    I have it set to the lowest.but its only to save battery life. The screen is amazing
    mine is at 50% and my batterry still sucks
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    even with the brightness at its lowest, its still bright enough
    Mine is set at the lowest setting
    lowest setting to save battery, but it still looks fine. actually more than 25% seems too bright.
  7.    #7  
    Whoa, I'm surprised by the response. I just went and turned my brightness down to the lowest settings and it looks so totally dull!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    lowest setting to save battery, but it still looks fine. actually more than 25% seems too bright.
    +1
    I just let the Pre decide what brightness it should be at. Pre knows best.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    The lowest, and it is still bright enough. Even if I had an unlimited battery I would have it set there.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    50% and good battery life (well still in the testing phase)
    The lowest setting and it nearly blinds me in bed at night. I used to have my Treo 755p barely visible and paired with a 3200 battery.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    I have mine set to full brightness.. And it looks great, I also had a friend with an I-phone say that screen was incredible...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    33% brightness. It's more than enough to use the Pre outside at noon in direct sunlight.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    lowest setting for me. Battery life is important.

However, to be honest, the screen is still 110% usable on the lowest setting....even in sunlight, I can read the screen with minimal problems.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    i keep mine around 50%....
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I have mine at about the 30% area. I would like to keep it all the way up, but the battery will drain and, plus, it's too bright at night.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Mine is in the 30 to 35% area it seems perfect, even at that level a friend thought the screen was just popping out at him.
    I turned it all the way down but it does not look dim at all!!! I forget it is at the lowest setting and can see everything just fine! It is so good I just had to check to make sure it was still all the way down thinking it may have been turned up!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Started out with it set to the lowest brightness, but I wasn't having any trouble with the battery life so I bumped it all the way up to max. I'll more than likely end up somewhere in the middle soon to balance out the benefits of both extremes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast