1.    #1  
    Any way to toggle between USB mode and charge mode when connected via USB to a computer? So far, the only way I've seen to switch is to unplug the USB and then plug it back in. Not that big a deal, I guess, but I'm downloading wallpapers, songs, and photos, and I have to unplug the phone to see if they made it/how they look.
    Last edited by cooper1010; 06/12/2009 at 01:18 PM.
    I haven't found a way either. Since you can change from charging to USB mode it would be nice to be able to switch back, without having to disconnect and reconnect.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Tap the USB symbol in the dashboard (lower right), then tap the expanded notification (Charging battery; tap for Media Sync or USB drive) and it should give you the three choices you originally got when you plugged the phone in.
    Last edited by wega1985; 06/12/2009 at 09:50 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wega1985 View Post
    Tap the USB symbol in the dashboard (lower right), then tap the expanded notification (Charging battery; tap for Media Sync or USB drive) and it should give you the three choices you originally got when you plugged the phone in.
    Nice first post. Thanks.

edit: but, like j2 said, you can't go from USB back to charging.
    To go back to charging, just unmount the pre from your computer...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    Nice first post. Thanks.

edit: but, like j2 said, you can't go from USB back to charging.
    Oh duh. I guess I should have actually read the post. lol. I usually leave mine in charge mode so that's what was fresh in my mind.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticOrder View Post
    To go back to charging, just unmount the pre from your computer...
    How exactly do you mean? I tried the "safely remove hardware" process, and it said it stopped it, but the Pre remains in USB Drive mode.
    How exactly do you mean? I tried the "safely remove hardware" process, and it said it stopped it, but the Pre remains in USB Drive mode.
    same here, that doesn't work
    Don't use the "safely remove hardware" process. It doesn't really work...and gives me significant issues on one of my three Pre's (the black box one of course).

Instead, assuming that you are using Windows, go to "my computer", right-click on the drive that represents your Pre, and select the "Eject" option.

cheers,
    Steve
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  10.    #10  
    Oh duh. I guess I should have actually read the post. lol. I usually leave mine in charge mode so that's what was fresh in my mind.
    I wasn't being sarcastic, I really didn't know your tip until you posted. the thanks were sincere.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Don't use the "safely remove hardware" process. It doesn't really work...and gives me significant issues on one of my three Pre's (the black box one of course).

Instead, assuming that you are using Windows, go to "my computer", right-click on the drive that represents your Pre, and select the "Eject" option.

cheers,
    Steve
    That's what I'm talkin' about!