1.    #1  
    Does anyone know or is there a way to tell if SplashID data backs up to Palm with the built in backup? Since it can't sync currently to anything, and the data isn't accessible via USB, it's a little scary to think this data could be lost if the phone died.

I guess the only way to test would be to do an erase and see if it got restored from Palm.
    I had the first version of SplashID and my Pre died. I took my dead Pre into my Sprint store and they swapped it for a new one.

While the Palm account did restore a great deal of things (I was quite impressed), my SplashID application and data was gone. Classic was gone (including my registration) and apps, and my Photos taken with the Pre and Music I bought and downloaded from Amazon.

It did however restore all of the photos that I assigned to contacts, which surprised me. It restored all of my applications (except SplashID - it happened when it was off of the store). But the data for the apps (usernames and passwords) were not restored.

I am mainly concerned about getting a new activation of Classic without having to pay $30 again.
    Had you just installed Classic and SplashID the day it died?
    I think on the backup app it says it backs up every day, so maybe it hadn't backed up yet?

I've been forcing a backup after every time I install something... just in case.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza View Post
    I am mainly concerned about getting a new activation of Classic without having to pay $30 again.
    Let us know how that goes - I just registered my copy and realized that it was tied to the serial number of the Pre itself. Vendors need to have a system to migrate those registrations if you have to replace your device.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    So how are we supposed to back up our splashid data on web os ? If it doesn't sync with palm and not with our desktop then how do we back it up?
    I noticed it can Import but not Export .
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    So how are we supposed to back up our splashid data on web os ? If it doesn't sync with palm and not with our desktop then how do we back it up?
    It's ultimately going to sync wirelessly yo your desktop SplashID app.