Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been reading and reading and reading the posts on here and just can't get myself to make the purchase yet. One of the reasons is because of the texting issues because I text a LOT.

So, I figured I'd ask the question this way...how many of you text a whole lot and would say you're VERY happy with the Pre? With the texting, and just overall.
    I send/receieve 5,000 texts a month on average and I love my Pre completely. It took me a few days to adjust to the keyboard (I'm coming from the Instinct's virtual keyboard)...while the keyboard is small, it works surprisingly well! The threaded text layout is gorgeous and it just makes texting all the more fun.

One thing I DO miss though is spell checking. My Instinct had a good spell checker, and the Pre does not.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 06/12/2009 at 08:38 AM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Agreed... although I dont send that many texts its been a find texting machine for me. The keyboard works really well once you get used to it.
    <--

I text anywhere from 3,000-5,000 a month PLUS email's which can be as many as 5-20 a day. I have absolutely no problem on the Pre. I just picked up my fiance's centro the other day after being on my Pre all week and I ran my fingers into one another trying to type on that thing. I have used the 700p for years before I bought my Pre and the learning curve for typing on the Pre was nearly non-existent.
    I txt alot, and have big hands, took me few mins to get use to the keyboard but that was it.. Love the txting on it, glad its threaded and it automatically breaks the txts up if there to big I also LOVE the in txt MMS, that's just awesome.. The only thing that irks me is not being able to forward txts, but I'm sure that will be fixed soon..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I text and email a lot got big hands and thumbs and I really can't complain I was on a BB curve till now and the keyboard on the curve is probably better but the pre keyboard after about an hours use I can type very well. I'm suggesting this phone to everyone.

(typed on my pre)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I agree, love the Pre and am loving everything about their texting feature.

Come on forwarding and group text!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I'm not really a big texter but I do enjoy doing it with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    The only thing i can think of is switching conversations. I think they refine that to make it much faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    The only thing i can think of is switching conversations. I think they refine that to make it much faster.
    True! Having to close out each conversation to access another is a pain in the ***. It's so unlike webOS's multitasking ability to make us close out each and every convo.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    constantly text and I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    True! Having to close out each conversation to access another is a pain in the ***. It's so unlike webOS's multitasking ability to make us close out each and every convo.
    Agreed! I would love to be able to open multiple conversations under different cards.
    I'm not a huge texter, but after getting the Pre, it didn't take me long to get a good feel of the keyboard, and to start typing proficiently on it. I have found myself sending more and more text messages, often rambling on and on, like I would through IM on a PC, or, in a forum post. I am definitely glad I now have unlimited text messaging, since I have sent more since buying this phone than I have in the last 5 years or more.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Pre's keyboard is genius!
    While I don't text, I do IM a lot and it's pretty much the same thing without the character limitations. Coming from a Treo700wx there was only a very minor adjustment period.

Texting is such an ancient thing in terms of technology, bring on the unlimited characters per message! I'm hoping someone will make an IRC application after the SDK is out there. I would settle for an IRC app that would run in Classic right now. ._.
    Eryn Tzun
    tzun.com
    I'm just an ignorant warrior who believes that love means you're willing to fight and die for your fellow living beings.
    i like it ok, i am a forwarder so i really do miss that
  17.    #17  
    On the forwarding, since the texts are threaded, can't you simply do a reply to that message and then change the recipient to the person you want to forward the message to? That way you're in essence forwarding the text.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleemie View Post
    On the forwarding, since the texts are threaded, can't you simply do a reply to that message and then change the recipient to the person you want to forward the message to? That way you're in essence forwarding the text.
    No, it doesn't work like that.
    It took me a couple of days to really adjust, but i'm getting used to it...it's mostly just learning where the various functions are on this phone compared to my q9 that i had.
    I generally use 5000+ texts per month and I have had no problems with my Pre. I find it comfortable for both one and two handed operation.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast