Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I text a lot with my Pre. Took me a few days to get used to it, but like other Palm smartphone-based keyboard it was very easy to adjust. The only thing I have to complain about the Pre is the battery life.
    any people out there miss the "r" reply, "f" forward, "l" reply all shortcuts of the blackberry. I wish I could just press r on my email and or text to reply quicker.
    I text more then I talk on my phone. Sprint needs a plan just for texting and make sure that it is unlimited texting. LOL
    Easiest phone for one handed texting that I have used. Would be perfect with quick text embedded in the application & one touch emoticons like my Treo 755p or TP2.
    I like it a lot, only think I dont like is the squeeking
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambler View Post
    maybe i'm misunderstanding you guys complaining about switching conversations, but all you have to do is swipe back and you're in the main messaging screen and then you can select a different conversation then.
    (Slaps forehead) Thank you!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I think I sent and received 7000+ texts last month, and I'm extremely happy. I don't carry on multiple conversations at once very often, but I love being able to surf the web and just get unobtrusive messages from texts.
    VERY HAPPY. between texting, IM, email, and entering things in to message/comment boxes online, i rarely have my phone closed for more than twenty minutes at a time, and i love it. i'm so fast with the keyboard, i like the way it fits in my hand, and it seems responsive. rarely do i have a typo or feel like i hit a button without it typing anything.

the fact that i can do it with one hand when needed is just icing on the cake.

this phone really is perfect for the "hyper-connected".
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    LOL @ people saying that they send 5000 texts a month. That's like 170 texts per day. You guys can't be serious.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    good job bumping a topic from october 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I send/receieve 5,000 texts a month on average and I love my Pre completely. It took me a few days to adjust to the keyboard (I'm coming from the Instinct's virtual keyboard)...while the keyboard is small, it works surprisingly well! The threaded text layout is gorgeous and it just makes texting all the more fun.

One thing I DO miss though is spell checking. My Instinct had a good spell checker, and the Pre does not.
    Same story here.

However, I don't need spell check. I hardly ever make spelling mistakes and I'm not one of those people who does the whole, "I'm @ this place waiting 4 u" thing.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegameinformer View Post
    good job bumping a topic from october 2009
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    LOL @ people saying that they send 5000 texts a month. That's like 170 texts per day. You guys can't be serious.
    And at 16 waking hours a day that is like 10/hour which is like 1 every six minutes. People are productive at work/school okay.
    I send 8,000 txts + a month. I don't have any problems using the pre to knock them out.
    Last edited by OptimusMatrix; 02/24/2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: added picture
    I really like the pres keyboard. It was one of the main things that attracted me to the phone. I know many will agree that blackberrys are easier to type on because of the larger buttons, but I really like how the pres buttons are chicklet style and rubbery. It looks and feels much nicer than any other keyboard. If you compare them, any bb qwert will feel cheap imo. The buttons move around and the plastic just doesnt look or feel good.
    I have an old HTC Touch Pro and the Pre is a lot easier to text with. it is lighter and not as awkward and cumbersome as the HTC. The Pre is almost a perfect ergonomic fit.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    And at 16 waking hours a day that is like 10/hour which is like 1 every six minutes. People are productive at work/school okay.
    I still think that's a little ridiculous, unless you're a 16 year old schoolgirl. But to each his own...

Quote Originally Posted by Stryf3 View Post
    Group Text is my biggest wish for the regarding SMS
    Mail Lists

i believe that one of the things i do more in my pre is text... i find it very good and ez, if u have big hands (huge) then i guess u will have some trouble. And yes i do miss the spelling check from my instinct O_o
    I have a text output of about 1000-2000 sms per month (long-distance relationship, yadda yadda) and have fat fingers, and I like the Pre's keyboard. It's no blackberry (and I don't know why Palm didn't make it more like that) but i can type quickly and accurately; I'd say the keyboard makes me do a typo for every dozen words or so.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567