Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I text more now than I did on my 755p. Partly it's just that the software makes texting a nicer experience, and I think I actually like the keyboard better than my Treo's.
    Love the keyboard although I only send/receive like 2k texts a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleemie View Post
    I've been reading and reading and reading the posts on here and just can't get myself to make the purchase yet. One of the reasons is because of the texting issues because I text a LOT.

So, I figured I'd ask the question this way...how many of you text a whole lot and would say you're VERY happy with the Pre? With the texting, and just overall.
    Word of advice, if you want feedback like this from mass users, create a poll next time. It's a lot easier to keep track of.

On another not, I love mine. Coming from a Blackberry Curve, This thing was a breeze. No learning curve required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    Agreed! I would love to be able to open multiple conversations under different cards.

biggest issue. I wish each conversation had it's own card and the messaging card still stayed open in it's own card like a few other apps do. Then I could just swipe with advanced gestures between cards.

i email 20 emails + a day and text with family and friends at night. I like it so far. better than my 700 wx
    Heavy texter here...practically write novels in texts sometimes. Before this primarily texted from a non-keyboard phone and was pretty fast. Took me about an hour to get used to the Pre keyboard and am a fairly steady 30 wpm on it.
    I text about 2k a month along with emails and it works just fine from me. A great feeling compared to the iPhone.
    I don't text much but I can type far more accurately on Pre than on Treo 700 series.

Like any keyboard, it takes a few days to adjust.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I really enjoy texting with the Pre. Coming from the Centro the biggest features I miss are the quick text and smiley faces. I hope Palm adds these features for the next update.
    WOW!! How do you guys text 5000 messages/month? That is 166.6 texts per day!
    Say you are awake for 16 hours per day that’s 10.41 texts every hour!

WOW!!!!!!!!!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I was worried about the Pre keyboard being too small for my big fat fingers as well. However I came from a Treo 800w and have been more than pleased. I can type just as fast and with way fewer mistakes than I used to have on my 800.
    I live on text and while I love the keyboard, I miss a couple of things very much:

1. forwarding & resending
    2. pre-programmed messages
    3. being able to copy pieces of a previously sent or received message and pasting it into a new one.
    4. emoticons

I imagine that this will fix soon though...or maybe I am optimistic.
    This phone is the best phone I've had for texting.The Palm OS Treos would definitely be a close second (Treo 650/700p/755p). I don't text that much anymore but at one point I was cranking out 11000 texts per month on my 700p.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Can't say that I like the keyboard better than my Treo 755p, but it's very functional. About 1600 messages a month, a couple of hundred IM conversations and probably another couple of hundred emails.

Problem is I got real good at one handed typing on the Treo. Not possible with the Pre just yet. The balance isn't the same. Keys are a little tighter than the Treo, but not too bad.

I have a problem with my "J" key, however. Not sure why that's the only bug, but I just have to make sure it's pressed sometimes. My cousin John is getting pretty annoyed.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I guess i'm the only one that doesn't love the Pre for texting...yet. Most of the complaints I have should be easily resolved through updates or 3rd party apps.

I used a 650 for 4 1/2 yrs before switching on launchday and send ~2k texts/mo.

the keyboard is fine, just takes some getting used to.

the auto complete is not a feature i like. SMS r sposed t b short and not a spelling&grammar masterpiece. i dont like having to backspace to make "you" the "u" i intended. I miss the smiley and "quick text" buttons, but the biggest issue for me so far is the editing. It was so much easier to cut&paste with the 650, and I can't c&p from older texts to forward an excerpt w/ sender's name and timestamp.

Anyway, I'm loving the Pre overall so far & anticipating some cool new text features
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    The only thing i can think of is switching conversations. I think they refine that to make it much faster.
    ugh! I hadn't noticed that yet. That needs to be "fixed" pronto -- especially since the integrate all type of conversations to the one location.

I do love my pre though, and definitely prefer this keyboard over the Centro.
  16. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I text a lot more because I'm unlimited now. Before, I was limited to 400. which actually worked out well for me.
    maybe i'm misunderstanding you guys complaining about switching conversations, but all you have to do is swipe back and you're in the main messaging screen and then you can select a different conversation then.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Coming from a Samsung Rant and throwing around almost 10k texts a month, I absolutely love the pre for texting. Not only is it fluid and the keyboard feels great after a day or two, but the formatted conversations keep you from having to check what the last thing you said was to figure out what their reply meant.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat View Post
    the auto complete is not a feature i like. SMS r sposed t b short and not a spelling&grammar masterpiece. i dont like having to backspace to make "you" the "u" i intended.
    What? I think proper English is ALWAYS appropriate. I like what Palm is doing in trying to alleviate the cancer that is the crap you, for some backwards reason, intend to type.

Also, character limitation is irrelevant as the Pre breaks up texts for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    1. forwarding & resending
    2. pre-programmed messages
    3. being able to copy pieces of a previously sent or received message and pasting it into a new one.
    4. emoticons

I miss these things VERY much, all of them actually. Its interesting that we keep saying they will fix this, they will fix that. Do we actually know this or are just hoping for the best?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast